Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Dayyālu

Arcane
Oof, didnt finish my turn in time. But I guess I'm still doing better than Marverni.

I was checking the turn timer (for obvious reasons) and I believed that, uh, maybe he simply forgot to end it properly. Ask freely here or in DM, I have no problem extending. Or I should even have you on Steam.

A cursed fetish? Speaking of curses how did you curse so many of my Cyclops? I missed that?

That wasn't me. I have D magic, but I didn't script Curse or anything, probably a random event or a hidden site.

On the other hand this was me:

pF3UidO.jpeg

Ivmkx4y.jpeg

I could have casted it twice but that Oracle managed to escape instead. How lovely. I wonder how many chain Earthquakes will I need to trigger HP rout.... do we still have "overall" HP rout?

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I'm sauromatia. That was spotted by a very far-flung scout.
I have literally never seen someone summon shadebeasts before. What a result!

Dayyālu

Arcane
I have literally never seen someone summon shadebeasts before.

It got a decebt buff in 6, with 30++ Shade Beasts being summoned for 15 gems. It's an adequate amount and it's not like Squids have the best ground troops, Ethereal may have taken a hit with the buff nerfs but again, it's decent.

I have fond memories of Summon Shade Beast from our Wasteland game in 5, when you flat-out don't have money you start looking to alternatives.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Malakal
(Interesting how many spies - ahem - observers saw this)
40 shadebeasts in a line formation (Bane Lord commander!) with some slow Ice Drakes behind vs a potent mage corps with guards and a block of ~25 PD.
Main problem: Darkness was still active, Shadebeasts +2 everyone else -3. Shadebeasts also have Reanimating Bite. So the PD got chewed and turned to skellies in short order.
2nd problem a few beasts on each side managed to close in on the mages, they soaked up the main barrage of Acid Rains mostly and probably interfered with casting and targetting.
So without Darkness it would have been close, but Tien Chi would have had a chance. With, not so much.

Tanaka

Educated
Oof, didnt finish my turn in time. But I guess I'm still doing better than Marverni.

I was checking the turn timer (for obvious reasons) and I believed that, uh, maybe he simply forgot to end it properly. Ask freely here or in DM, I have no problem extending. Or I should even have you on Steam.

A cursed fetish? Speaking of curses how did you curse so many of my Cyclops? I missed that?

That wasn't me. I have D magic, but I didn't script Curse or anything, probably a random event or a hidden site.

On the other hand this was me:

pF3UidO.jpeg

Ivmkx4y.jpeg

I could have casted it twice but that Oracle managed to escape instead. How lovely. I wonder how many chain Earthquakes will I need to trigger HP rout.... do we still have "overall" HP rout?
Yeah that was quite the light show on my Pretender. And my army was lucky to only have to withstand one earthquake. Why did your mage run? And curse the random site that cursed me!

Dayyālu

Arcane
Yeah that was quite the light show on my Pretender. And my army was lucky to only have to withstand one earthquake. Why did your mage run? And curse the random site that cursed me!

Scripted it to escape. Double cast would mean certain death, and despite its wounds it's still a 600G chassis.

Escape is iffier than in past Dominions, but when I have the majority of nearby provinces... your Pretender was a decent idea, but it was behind in equipment and of course a single SC even with 30 prot and 28 MR isn't going to last against a full Olm stack without regen.

Johannes

Arcane
Can you put 24h more on the timer Dayyālu ? Harder to find the time to consistently do the turns now that they start taking longer, could move to longer timer soon. But for now, single extension will do

Tanaka

Educated
Post the summary of that battle, I want to see the carnage!

grMWtZG.jpeg

There was little to no carnage, when a mage phalanx plus olms impact with chaff and an underequipped (even if decently planned) SC chassis there's little collateral.
all of this due to one Eearthquake?

Mamamia
All of this due to 114 Great Olms. No one is going to beat that. The Earthquake was a different battle down south. One mage cast earthquake once against my entire army and ran. This one is in my cap.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Can I ask for extensions for this and the next turn? (So 48h for 2 turns)

Some bigshots of the company are coming to the factory this week and we need to do lot of shit in the office just for preparation making events and presentations

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Can I ask for extensions for this and the next turn? (So 48h for 2 turns)

Some bigshots of the company are coming to the factory this week and we need to do lot of shit in the office just for preparation making events and presentations
You should've hired some consultants from WORLD'S LEADING CONSULTANCY COMPANY to get the decks done for you, so you have more time to smash pixelmen

Johannes

Arcane
And nobody has any idea wtf is going underground, beyond the reports sent to the thread. Haven't literally sent a single scout down there.

I wonder what those ritual symbols mean - just sitesearching or something fancier

Tanaka

Educated
And nobody has any idea wtf is going underground, beyond the reports sent to the thread. Haven't literally sent a single scout down there.

I wonder what those ritual symbols mean - just sitesearching or something fancier
Having both of us start in the same cave really put a damper on things. Just means immediate war and no one cares because they don't have to worry about either of us haha...

Popot

Educated
Agartha has beaten Pyrene and is currently mopping up the remnants, its next target will be probably Sauro or Ulm since both nations share all cave entry points. Unless some fancy diplo is going on and something entirely different happens.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom