Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Armageddon Edition

Choose your denstiny.

• Total voters

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
Dear villains, I suggest we create a secret hideout to discuss out strategy in private away from the prying eyes of goodie good faggots we are going to stomp and pillage.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Okay we got 10 people.... and we are officially full. That said, it appears the team game option won democratically
fucking freedom

So lets see as of this moment we have (some members have been placed by necessity to balance others) :

Team Chaos
Dayyālu - Warhost of Nurgle
Isiloon - Warhost of Tzeentch
KoolNoodles - Ogre Kingdoms
mondblut - Dark Elves

Team Order
Malakal -
Dreaad - Bretonnia
coldcrow - Lizardmen
Zephyr Arsland - High Elves

Which leaves hoverdog and Muty to choose their destiny.

To make it more intresting for teh good guys, so that we don't have to double pick Empire, I have hunted down Warhammer Dwarves http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/dwarf-nation-mod

DwarfModPreview.png
Slannesh of course, I thought it was obvious:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
FFA with "team rules" sounds good too. Given the manichaean nature of the WH universe, it'd feel kind of weird to diplo away with horrendous chaos spawn. BUT whatever.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Hey that's not how polls work! :) Don't you see advantages in seperate Pretenders? I sure do, as Ogres. We can create "lanes" of undefended territory if people want to get to the "front". Maybe a good nation gets corrupted and accidentally raids their friends? Or something. It might be more fun than Disciples.....

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
chaos nations, if we discard national pretenders, have awful choice of disciples. In fact, they can only pick dragons :lol:

changed my vote from KC to FFA - but with certain team rules if possible.

Dayyālu

Arcane
chaos nations, if we discard national pretenders, have awful choice of disciples. In fact, they can only pick dragons :lol:

changed my vote from KC to FFA - but with certain team rules if possible.

Are we playing with the same mods?These nations have an absolutely standard choice of Disciples, bar Khorne. Ogres have a shitton of options. Maybe Slaneesh is gimped!

Hey that's not how polls work! :) Don't you see advantages in seperate Pretenders? I sure do, as Ogres. We can create "lanes" of undefended territory if people want to get to the "front". Maybe a good nation gets corrupted and accidentally raids their friends? Or something. It might be more fun than Disciples.....

Its not like I do not trust people to maintain peace between factions....

Wait, well...

I do not trust people at all. Plus disciple games are faster and less diplo intensive, and I am cheap. I'd happily exchange shitty disciple options for shorter games and less diplo convos.

Last edited:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dreaad for some reason added me as a player so I went and had a look at dwafs and Im not impressed, are they all thats left?

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
There's another HE mod. Rather, a modified version of the first. Adds some flavourful monsters, but as I'm not familiar with the source material, I'm not sure if they're the RIGHT flavour.

Furthermore, I haven't tested yet how broken it is (and to be frank, I wouldn't REALLY know how broken something was unless it was stupidly so, I'm not that good), but I'm just curious about it.
Link's http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2649

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
There's another HE mod. Rather, a modified version of the first. Adds some flavourful monsters, but as I'm not familiar with the source material, I'm not sure if they're the RIGHT flavour.

Furthermore, I haven't tested yet how broken it is (and to be frank, I wouldn't REALLY know how broken something was unless it was stupidly so, I'm not that good), but I'm just curious about it.
Link's http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2649

Umm inspector shows me dragons costing 1 gem and being super strong? Check that out.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
I still think you should check that, inspector isnt accurate with mods.

Just got home. Tried it for .5 seconds. HE have five level 0 national summons for 1 gem each, summoning absolutely devastating dragons and phoenixes and thingies. I won't deny that the roster could use a bit of pizzazz, but god DAMN. Forget I said anything. Thanks for the heads-up!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Just got home. Tried it for .5 seconds. HE have five level 0 national summons for 1 gem each, summoning absolutely devastating dragons and phoenixes and thingies. I won't deny that the roster could use a bit of pizzazz, but god DAMN. Forget I said anything. Thanks for the heads-up!

Im assuming the base version of the mod doesnt have those?

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Im assuming the base version of the mod doesnt have those?

No national summons at all. The fucked up version had some new commanders that seemed interesting. But clearly we can live without them.

EDIT: Most certainly we can DIE without them just as easily!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom