Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Competition DOS 2 Kickstarter - Portrait in Game reward

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
To be honest, a portrait of Kirill Pokrovsky would be great. He was an awesome composer, and will be sadly missed. RIP.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If they're saying things like "Please note that all names are subject to approval by our lore masters to make sure they don't break immersion in the game" it seems unlikely that they'd include a logo... but I guess it's Larian so who knows.

It doesn't have to mention the Codex explicitly imo. Could just be called "Portrait of a Troll" or something else along those lines that'd fit the setting.

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
One thing's for sure - if we had a poll, the winner would undoubtedly be...
NPC_6041_m_RannosDavi.jpg

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Only white males suggested for a portrait, I am disappointed. Needs to be more inclusive:

023039000_1451535424-20151230-Bill-Cosby--Reuters-5.jpg

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'd send in one of the trolls but will second our Magical RaptorLizard
so :desu:OR
5.jpg

If not allowed and they demand a human pic, send one of mindx2 since he's the one who kicked the watch's ass in the D:OS duel and got our name first, he deserves the proper credit and :bro: for it.
12461.jpg

Edit/:add: Also, why the hell would "Sir Augustus Fizzlebottom" NOT be an acceptable name in a D:OS game? It seems like a perfectly reasonable name in that silly setting.

Last edited:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If not allowed and they demand a human pic, send one of mindx2 since he's the one who kicked the watch's ass in the D:OS duel and got our name first, he deserves the proper credit and :bro: for it.
12461.jpg

I agree that would be pretty cool however I've tried to provide DarkUnderlord not so subtle hints that if the Codex really wanted to thank me for my thrashing of the Watch he can send me that T:ToN statuette. :martini:

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Initially I favored the great lizard in the sky, but no, Mindx2 is the obvious choice. Especially if that pic is used as reference. In fact, just send that picture with no text and let them figure it out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom