Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters
Worse, he was kicked to bring Arteezy back in, which means Fear will be playing support.

Shit makes no sense at all, they're going back to a failing lineup after winning the biggest tourney in esports.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Clearly, he wasn't good enough. I mean, look at their terrible performance during TI5.

Clearly, he wasn't good enough. I mean, look at their terrible performance during TI5.
Yeah, who likes winning 6 million dollars anyway, let's get that 17 year old kid who always complains about his other teammates onboard again so we can lose some shit.

Can you possibly imagine how the fuck he's going to get along with the other teenager on the team? How retarded are people?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nice job securing two bans each draft for us and helping us win the world championship. By the way, you have to go.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Feels like they simply waited on Fear and whether he has to undergo surgery on his arm before they made the final decision. Since he doesn't need/wasn't recommended to have the surgery, he can switch roles to make space for rtz on the 1 position. If he had to skip playing at least one major, they probably would've kept aui along until Fear either came back or they win without him and he decides to retire for good.

In the end they kicked the only mechanically skilled support in all of north america, so fuck them. Goes to show again how the NA scene is full of self-entitled egocentric assfucks who all want to play a core, which is why there hasn't been a single decent newcomer on the 4/5 position in like what, 5 years? Every single one who had the chance to actually break through got kicked for either some old friend like waytosexy/fogged, or gets dumped like aui for some reshuffling.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I think I can fully declare myself a CDEC fanboy at this point. At least their team doesn't consist of only Rikimaru.

abija

Prophet
The only logical explanation I can think of is that fear wanted to play position 4 and I suppose what fear wants fear gets in that team.
But... getting rtz back when 3 players in that team felt betrayed by him... that I don't get. Even with him being the only solid carry in NA except fear, the potential for shit atmosphere in the team is just too high.
Hell, Aui and fear switching positions makes 10000x more sense than getting rtz back.

On a positive note, Zyori out of BTS and hopefully out of dota scene.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I feel like they really wanted rtz back. Apart from all the things he can do in game, I think he also is one of if not the most marketable player in DotA2 right now, possibly surpassing Dendi. For a company like GGA this is quite important aswell. Though I still feel like this was a team decision, with the management being as dumbfounded as we are.

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
It's funny for awhile but the schtick gets old pretty fast; I'd like to know who it is behind the voice though, it would be pretty funny if it was one of the known players.
Someone on NA DotA claimed it was KingRaven, but I doubt he has the sense of humor required to produce that (and no one followed up on it).

fanta

Arcane
The rtz tribute rap which is better than most pro rap rtz plays on his stream

this one goes out to artour
the mutherfuckin babavinator

twitch chat is the blood in my veins
4head power up initiate babyrage

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom