Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age 2 Announced

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Fight like a SPARTAN!!!!

LOL!

hoochimama

Liturgist
"Think like a general and fight like a Spartan" sounds like something straight out of a rap video.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Uber-leet armor design for my DA2.

300-Leonidas-B.jpg

Wait... maybe these talentless slamdunk twats are ripping off the BEST GAEM EVAR???!!!!

halo__master_chief.jpg

FUCK YOU IDIOTS, KEEP YOUR DIRTY SPERMY HAIRY LAZY HANDS OFF MY HALO, FAGGOTS!!! :x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Screw this shit i will be over her getting drunk until this pop-a-mole crap goes away.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
There is insufficient butthurt in this thread.

DA:O for all it's many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, flaws was an attempt to do something vaguely similar to the infinity engine style of semi dumbed down RPG... only more dumbed down and next gen.

But now they are abandoning this and going for a single pre defined character with straight up action RPG gameplay.

It's a dramatic :decline:, albiet from something that was already banal, boring and shit to begin with.

Action and Fantasy Collide in BioWare’s Dragon Age 2...
With Dragon Age 2, the world’s preeminent RPG developer is revolutionizing the genre again, infusing the universe with more action, a new, more responsive combat system
http://news.ea.com/portal/site/ea/index ... ewsLang=en

Shame on you guys for your lack of butthurt. Even the consolefags over at SA are butthurt about this.

Also, I'd like to point out, that if you purchased DA:O instead of torrenting it (or skipping it entirely like me), you funded this monstrosity, directly.

That pretty much makes you one of the terrorists.

bonch

Educated
The real question is, how next-gen will this be? Will there be immersion?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I would probably be upset by this if DA had been a worthwhile game to begin with. As it is, I enjoyed ME2 more than DA.

Also, move Bioware to stage 2 of EAification. Next is declining sales and layoffs, and finally Bioware will be "re-purposed" as EA Canada.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
PorkaMorka said:
DA:O for all it's many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, flaws was an attempt to do something vaguely similar to the infinity engine style of semi dumbed down RPG... only more dumbed down and next gen.
I fail to see how this can be seen as a good thing, or even a not-very-bad thing.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Maybe they can get their act together. The tech is now in place so all assets can be focused on story, level design, and quest design.

Almost everyone agrees that BG2 is better than BG1.

That being said I am more excited for ES:V than this. More than likely because the Oblivion disappointment is farther back in my memory.

Damn this sucks.

Twinkle

Liturgist
oldmanpaco said:
The tech is now in place so all assets can be focused on story, level design, and quest design.

Well, they had ready tech for ME2, yet story was non-existent, levels - even more linear and quests were largely the same only fewer in numbers.

Annonchinil

Scholar
Yeah but BGII was great because they only improved the engine, allowing for them to focus on other things. Here it seems like its going to be a new one.

Rhalle

Magister
Annonchinil said:
Yeah but BGII was great because they only improved the engine, allowing for them to focus on other things. Here it seems like its going to be a new one.

Wouldn't surprise me a jot if they went to Unreal, like ME.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
If they completely re-do the shitty boring fantasy setting, I might be mildly interested.

Something tells me that DA2 will be nothing like DA:O. Probably something like Dung On Siege or even 3rd person Oblivion. So. Very. Disappoint.

Oh and BTW, did you people notice the anime-eque art style in the concept art? Could it be that the "new visual style" is anime-like? To tie it in with the upcoming DA anime?

Castanova

Prophet
Just what we need. For BioWare to merge all their different IPs into one giant shitfest of popamole action RPG dumbed down lowest common denominator embarrassment.

:salute:

I hope Gaider is working on it. At least then I'll know for sure he won't have his "self-taught" writing skills corrupting a project that has SOME potential.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom