Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Review Dragon Age 2 Review

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Drakron Arcane

Drakron
    Eurogamer also given it a 8/10.

Comments section however appears pissed over the review and I found this linked there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcVZQI6ybw

^ Top  
  2. GarfunkeL Racism Expert

GarfunkeL
    Awesome comparison!

^ Top  
  3. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    Love the French. Jeux Video 12/20

The simplification of the gameplay system was expected, but it was supposed to enable a more epic adventure, served with a fascinating history and spectacular staging, which is not really the case. Between the little care given to quest, incessant fighting in recycled environments, inability to negotiate out of strategic clashes and the mediocrity of the French localization, it isn't even at the level of Awakening, but a big, uninspired DLC. Fans of role playing tactics should turn with no hesitation to the latest Drakensang, rather than endorse this debacle, which is in serious competition with Gothic 4 for worst butchering of a franchise that we've seen in recent years

That is awesome.

^ Top  
  4. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Playing DA2 at the moment and unfortunately that's all true. Drakensang: The River of Time is a much, much better game indeed.

^ Top  
  5. Victor Dosev Novice

Victor Dosev
    - this coming from a fat, not-in-her-prime, 4-eyes and most probably - undersexed woman sounds rather...

GODS BELOW.
    :x

^ Top  
  6. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Nice. It's refreshing to see some sites that do not suck upon the EA cock, and tell us how it truly is.

VIVA LA FRANCE!

Now I can't wait for the GameBanshee review. Will you be doing it BN?

^ Top  
  7. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    ^ Top  
  8. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer Sad Loser

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I clearly remember an article, which wrote about Bioware bashing Square Enix for making linear maps for FFXIII. Looking at that picture, they are not better at all.

^ Top  
  9. Which designer left Bioware?

^ Top  
  10. commie The Last Marxist Patron

commie
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Difference is that they are butchering their own shitty franchise and not a franchise beloved by many. Great review regardless, though 12/20 still seems too high given the criticisms. Fucking fanboys, just go all the way already!

The good one.

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. space odyssey Augur

space odyssey
    Let's try again.

Here they say DA2 is dumbed down in comparison to DA:O, now I'm pretty sure you're still with me here. The next part is where they then consider DA:O dumbed down compared to BG ie. bad game. It's tricky for ya I know.

So we have DA2 < DA:O(bad game) = DA2 really bad game, and did not imply that DA:O is something to aspire too, but as shitty as its features may be, DA2 still lacks in comparison.

Now I'm not sure how that embarrasses me and not you, but you have an active imagination so I'm sure you'll come up with something. I'm beginning to think you are actually specially challenged so I'm sorry for the retard remark.

^ Top  
  12. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    Brent Knowles. Been with the company since Shadows of Amn, he was one of the leads on Origins.

I'm not scheduled to.

To be honest I'm glad. This game has absolutely no draw on me, and I'm planning to skip it. Possibly pick it up as a bargain bin title way in the way-off future.

^ Top  
  13. Kaanyrvhok Arbiter

Kaanyrvhok
    ^ Top  
  14. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    OK got ya, I can understand. Though I thought you might want to have a good vent at Bioware with a DA II review.

^ Top  
  15. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    Isabella, Merill and Bethany were all written by females.

Nice job there for feminism ladies. There are dozens of women who would like a friendly talk with ya.

^ Top  
  16. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    You should see what they did with the gay m/m characters. I am honestly outraged as a gay man. They need to stop.

^ Top  
  17. Blackula Educated

Blackula
    ^ Top  
  18. kris Arcane

kris
    Good lord what massive tits female hawke seems to have on this pic.

^ Top  
  19. Reptilian Shapeshifter Educated

Reptilian Shapeshifter
    Guess the Codexer.

^ Top  
  20. Rogue Educated

Rogue
    Massive incline of France. :thumbsup:

:love:

^ Top  
  21. Lord Haw Haw Educated

Lord Haw Haw
    Priceless!

"Press a buh-in, sumthin oresorm happens."

Love the fake urban pronunciation (a put on to show the kids he's down wit 'dem).

^ Top  
  22. Rogue Educated

Rogue
    Checked out derpspot.
    - GameSpot Score 8.0 great
    - Critic Score 8.3 reviews
    - User Score7.8

Found this under user reviews:

^ Top  
  23. Multiple Sarcasm Arcane

Multiple Sarcasm
    Oh, for crying out loud, how did you even figure out how to crawl out of a vagina...
    So, here's pretty picture, just for you: all his "fucking" and exclamation marks were directed at DAO being dumbed down, and not BG (have you even read the "review" or just that bad at trolling?).
    Are you getting that? Really? No, don't chew it.
    Yes, we're all astonished by the fact, but tough noogies - that's all the mention of BG there is, is not the point of the "review, and the "review" did not compare DA2 to BG (unless BG had "origins" you can proof pic).
    I don't know if I can make that any clearer, so if none of it gets through to the magic land you live in, I'll not bother with you, anymore.

^ Top  
  24. Rogue Educated

Rogue
    Metacritic says:

Metascore
    83 out of 100
    Generally favorable reviews - based on 26 Critics

User Score
    4.0 out of 10
    Generally unfavorable- based on 71 Ratings

^ Top  
  25. circ Arcane

circ
    I haven't seen the video, and well, I'm not going to bother. After seeing dev interviews and remembering the fuck scenes from DAO, I'm sure it's fantastic. Anyway, I thought the gay blacksmith couple from DAO was good. I'm assuming this doesn't quite live up to that.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.