Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Dragon Age 2 Review

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Love the French. Jeux Video 12/20

The simplification of the gameplay system was expected, but it was supposed to enable a more epic adventure, served with a fascinating history and spectacular staging, which is not really the case. Between the little care given to quest, incessant fighting in recycled environments, inability to negotiate out of strategic clashes and the mediocrity of the French localization, it isn't even at the level of Awakening, but a big, uninspired DLC. Fans of role playing tactics should turn with no hesitation to the latest Drakensang, rather than endorse this debacle, which is in serious competition with Gothic 4 for worst butchering of a franchise that we've seen in recent years

Drakron said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcVZQI6ybw

That is awesome.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Playing DA2 at the moment and unfortunately that's all true. Drakensang: The River of Time is a much, much better game indeed.

Victor Dosev

Novice
"From virginal girl next-door to crazy up against the wall, let's have it on right here"
- this coming from a fat, not-in-her-prime, 4-eyes and most probably - undersexed woman sounds rather...

GODS BELOW.
:x

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Brother None said:
Love the French. Jeux Video 12/20

The simplification of the gameplay system was expected, but it was supposed to enable a more epic adventure, served with a fascinating history and spectacular staging, which is not really the case. Between the little care given to quest, incessant fighting in recycled environments, inability to negotiate out of strategic clashes and the mediocrity of the French localization, it isn't even at the level of Awakening, but a big, uninspired DLC. Fans of role playing tactics should turn with no hesitation to the latest Drakensang, rather than endorse this debacle, which is in serious competition with Gothic 4 for worst butchering of a franchise that we've seen in recent years

Nice. It's refreshing to see some sites that do not suck upon the EA cock, and tell us how it truly is.

VIVA LA FRANCE!

Now I can't wait for the GameBanshee review. Will you be doing it BN?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
....which is in serious competition with Gothic 4 for worst butchering of a franchise that we've seen in recent years

Difference is that they are butchering their own shitty franchise and not a franchise beloved by many. Great review regardless, though 12/20 still seems too high given the criticisms. Fucking fanboys, just go all the way already!

Matt7895 said:
Which designer left Bioware?

The good one.

Multiple Sarcasm said:
space odyssey said:
Multiple Sarcasm said:
Bottom line is, if you're gonna go and tear DA2 a new one for its faults, don't make it sound like DAO was something to aspire to, FFS.

mini review said:
Here's the proof why I would call it dumbed down from DA:O (which itself was dumbed down version of BG)

Hmm, it would seem that DA2 sucked and lacked even in comparison to a shitty game is the actual bottom line. You're a retard.

Considering the comparison was against DAO and not BG, I'm not sure you could embarass yourself any further. I'd come up with a counter-insult, but nature's apparently done plenty of that to you, already.

Let's try again.

mini review said:
Here's the proof why I would call it dumbed down from DA:O (which itself was dumbed down version of BG)

Here they say DA2 is dumbed down in comparison to DA:O, now I'm pretty sure you're still with me here. The next part is where they then consider DA:O dumbed down compared to BG ie. bad game. It's tricky for ya I know.

So we have DA2 < DA:O(bad game) = DA2 really bad game, and did not imply that DA:O is something to aspire too, but as shitty as its features may be, DA2 still lacks in comparison.

Now I'm not sure how that embarrasses me and not you, but you have an active imagination so I'm sure you'll come up with something. I'm beginning to think you are actually specially challenged so I'm sorry for the retard remark.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Matt7895 said:
Which designer left Bioware?

Brent Knowles. Been with the company since Shadows of Amn, he was one of the leads on Origins.

Jaesun said:

I'm not scheduled to.

To be honest I'm glad. This game has absolutely no draw on me, and I'm planning to skip it. Possibly pick it up as a bargain bin title way in the way-off future.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Brother None said:
Jaesun said:

I'm not scheduled to.

To be honest I'm glad. This game has absolutely no draw on me, and I'm planning to skip it. Possibly pick it up as a bargain bin title way in the way-off future.

OK got ya, I can understand. Though I thought you might want to have a good vent at Bioware with a DA II review.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Victor Dosev said:
"From virginal girl next-door to crazy up against the wall, let's have it on right here"
- this coming from a fat, not-in-her-prime, 4-eyes and most probably - undersexed woman sounds rather...

GODS BELOW.
:x

Isabella, Merill and Bethany were all written by females.

Nice job there for feminism ladies. There are dozens of women who would like a friendly talk with ya.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
You should see what they did with the gay m/m characters. I am honestly outraged as a gay man. They need to stop.

kris

Arcane
Brother None said:
978.jpg

Ahaahahah...

Hawke...Hawke kept the streak of blood during sex...

Good lord what massive tits female hawke seems to have on this pic.

Blackula said:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-ii

Kind of a big gap between the paid off reviews and real score, eh?

10 Biowarebud Mar 8, 2011

Bioware did it again. Simply amazing, the gameplay the story the everything. The graphics on this game could give modded Crysis a run for its money. The people who are hating on the storytelling just don't get it. It's obviously too deep for them. And don't get me started on the characters accompanying Hawke. Merril is just soooo cute. I want to nom her head and giggle and squee every time I see her. Some people may dislike the changes but they just need to get past the fact that games evolve. No longer are we stuck with a silent protagonist with which we just choose lines of words to reply with. I mean who wants to read all those words? Certainly not I (but maybe some nerds do...lol). Now we have a fully voice acted character that speaks with super realistic emotions expressed in each sentence. Which is great because the dialogue is amazingly deep. You can choose between the peace loving diplomatic guy, the angry lets fight now guy, and the sarcastic witty guy for like every single response you make! Certainly no other game matches Bioware in its depth in character choices. You can literally do anything.

Guess the Codexer.

Rogue

Educated
Checked out derpspot.
- GameSpot Score 8.0 great
- Critic Score 8.3 reviews
- User Score7.8

Found this under user reviews:
poor

As a sequel, this is garbage. Diablo 2 had a better character and class selection. Continue »

12 out of 16 users agree with this review

poor

"CONSOLIZED." Stripped-down, dumbed-down -- this barely qualifies as an RGP (in the traditional sense). Continue »

22 out of 27 users agree with this review

Oh, for crying out loud, how did you even figure out how to crawl out of a vagina...
So, here's pretty picture, just for you: all his "fucking" and exclamation marks were directed at DAO being dumbed down, and not BG (have you even read the "review" or just that bad at trolling?).
Here's the proof why I would call it dumbed down from DA:O
Are you getting that? Really? No, don't chew it.
(which itself was dumbed down version of BG)
Yes, we're all astonished by the fact, but tough noogies - that's all the mention of BG there is, is not the point of the "review, and the "review" did not compare DA2 to BG (unless BG had "origins" you can proof pic).
I don't know if I can make that any clearer, so if none of it gets through to the magic land you live in, I'll not bother with you, anymore.

Rogue

Educated
Metacritic says:

Metascore
83 out of 100
Generally favorable reviews - based on 26 Critics

User Score
4.0 out of 10
Generally unfavorable- based on 71 Ratings

circ

Arcane
Jaesun said:
You should see what they did with the gay m/m characters. I am honestly outraged as a gay man. They need to stop.
I haven't seen the video, and well, I'm not going to bother. After seeing dev interviews and remembering the fuck scenes from DAO, I'm sure it's fantastic. Anyway, I thought the gay blacksmith couple from DAO was good. I'm assuming this doesn't quite live up to that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom