Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Dragon Age 2 Review

Shannow

Waster of Time
Multiple Sarcasm said:
PMS?

@Metacritic: Is the game even out yet? If those user reviews are from pirates (and demo players) it stands to reason that the true fanbios haven't expressed their's yet because they are waiting for the pre-ordered "real" game...
It'd be interesting if they go :x or :thumbsup::retarded:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The simplification ... worst butchering of a franchise that we've seen in recent years

Calling it "the worst butchering of a franchise" is taking it too far, though. It's not like there was a franchise to butcher in the first place; DA:O surely wasn't a great game like, say, Gothic 2. The dubious honour of being "the worst butchering" still belongs to Arcania, I think.

Multiple Sarcasm said:
(which itself was dumbed down version of BG)
Yes, we're all astonished by the fact, but tough noogies - that's all the mention of BG there is, is not the point of the "review, and the "review" did not compare DA2 to BG (unless BG had "origins" you can proof pic).
I don't know if I can make that any clearer, so if none of it gets through to the magic land you live in, I'll not bother with you, anymore.

Correct, it compared DA2 unfavorably to shitty DAO, which it also indicated was not a good game, NONE OF THIS MAKES IT SOUND LIKE DAO WAS SOMETHING TO ASPIRE TO.

You are so stupid it hurts. I'll just refer to my first post with some extra italics, maybe it'll get through your thick head, but I doubt it, it's not a sledge.

space odyssey said:
Multiple Sarcasm said:
Bottom line is, if you're gonna go and tear DA2 a new one for its faults, don't make it sound like DAO was something to aspire to, FFS.

mini review said:
Here's the proof why I would call it dumbed down from DA:O (which itself was dumbed down version of BG)

Hmm, it would seem that DA2 sucked and lacked even in comparison to a shitty game is the actual bottom line. You're a retard.

turul

Augur
Rogue said:
Metacritic says:

Metascore
83 out of 100
Generally favorable reviews - based on 26 Critics

User Score
4.0 out of 10
Generally unfavorable- based on 71 Ratings

still...the most helpful posts:

:)

2s1ke94.png
[/img]

I expect Gamekult's review to come up tonight or tomorrow, if it's lower than 7/10 the game is dead in french speaking countries. Damn, this is quality entertainment.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pegultagol said:

Hawke looks like she's asking: "So, you gonna fuck me or what?" and the guy looks like he's pondering how to tell her that he just can't get it up (maybe because she looks like she just had a leech on her face, or that she's not a he).

Bigot_

Novice
Wait, the game reviewers are sucking bio cock harder than the fucking fanboys of the franchise?

Oh el oh el

chzr

Scholar
undecaf said:
Pegultagol said:

Hawke looks like she's asking: "So, you gonna fuck me or what?" and the guy looks like he's pondering how to tell her that he just can't get it up (maybe because she looks like she just had a leech on her face, or that she's not a he).

looks more like a generic underwear tits, hawke has smaller tits compared to other females :M

in other news, user score on metacritics is getting better and better - PC: 3.4 PS: 2.8 X360: 3.5

:rpgcodex:

poetic codex

Augur
Someone said it before, but it's worth saying again. It seems that while the criticisms against the game are consistent in every review, the only thing that changes is the number score at the end.

So even though gamespot and IGN pointed out the game's shortcomings, they couldn't tack on anything less than an 8 because of the risk of losing advertising dollars. A shame, and things lke this ruin the concept of a free market. Since the criticisms of the game are so consistent (regardless of the score tacked on at the end), then it is an objectively crappy game. Crappy games should be given crappy scores and not be allowed to sell well.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I just wonder how many of those 'user reveiws' are from Codexers. L0LZ

Besdies, it's hard to take anything lower than a 4 seriously or a 10 seriously for any game. Scores are way too artificial since nobody really takes them seriously. Random numbers are random.

a budda

Arbiter
Volourn said:
I just wonder how many of those 'user reveiws' are from Codexers. L0LZ

it's very unmonocle to state the obvious so i don't expect more than one of these reviews to be of codexian origin

WalterKinde

Scholar
Its not the codex even amazon has it at low ratings (for the pc version) 2.5 stars. The reviewers there raise the same points as the metacritic ones.
EA-Bioware will probably move to exclusively doing console games now as so far the user reviews for the pc version are terrible and they will probably cite file sharing as the cause of low pc sales and why they are moving exclusively to consoles.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
WalterKinde said:
EA-Bioware will probably move to exclusively doing console games now as so far the user reviews for the pc version are terrible and they will probably cite file sharing as the cause of low pc sales and why they are moving exclusively to consoles.

Every day I wake up, I pray that this be true. Let them go and be a rival to Lionhead and Square Enix on the consoles. I'd rather not even have the opportunity to curse the way PC gaming is going by the existence of these games on the PC.

Rogue

Educated
Things are getting better. I'm looking at Metacritic's page for Dragon Age 2 on Xbox 360 (the best platform out there :obviously:):

Metascore 83 out of 100
Generally favorable reviews - based on 27 Critics

User Score 3.7 out of 10
Generally unfavorable- based on 206 Ratings

I can't believe it. Even consoletards think that this game is utter rubbish.

Victor Dosev

Novice
In defense to the previous statement I would also like to point out that the primary team of BioWare is working on the Old Republic MMO and the secondary team is working on Mass Effect 3, so I guess Dragon Age 2 is what's left in there...

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Victor Dosev said:
In defense to the previous statement I would also like to point out that the primary team of BioWare is working on the Old Republic MMO and the secondary team is working on Mass Effect 3, so I guess Dragon Age 2 is what's left in there...

Actually the large part of SWOTOR is Mythic and not Bioware. And no Dragon Age is not the B-Team. Compare to the ME team its around the same amount of Bioware oldies.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Didn't that one blog say the thing they are most proud of with SWTOR is the voice acting? Yeah, that doesn't bode well.

Deleted member 7219

IronicNeurotic said:
Victor Dosev said:

Actually the large part of SWOTOR is Mythic and not Bioware. And no Dragon Age is not the B-Team. Compare to the ME team its around the same amount of Bioware oldies.

SWTOR is being developed by Bioware Austin, not EA Mythic.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
'Our game is bad because we put crappy people to work on it' is hardly a decent excuse, in any case.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
WalterKinde said:
Its not the codex even amazon has it at low ratings (for the pc version) 2.5 stars. The reviewers there raise the same points as the metacritic ones.

The user reviews for the 360 and PS 3 are just as bad.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Rogue said:
Things are getting better. I'm looking at Metacritic's page for Dragon Age 2 on Xbox 360 (the best platform out there :obviously:):

Metascore 83 out of 100
Generally favorable reviews - based on 27 Critics

User Score 3.7 out of 10
Generally unfavorable- based on 206 Ratings

I can't believe it. Even consoletards think that this game is utter rubbish.

they did the same with Fable 3. The user reviews werent as bad but it was 2 million less sells than Molyneaux was shooting for and it sold less than Fable 2.

I like this review on the 360
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360 ... id=1492251

BrutallyHonest Mar 8, 20111 Designed by focus group. By trying to appeal to as wide an audience as possible, Bioware has created game that never really develops it's own personality. Utterly forgettable, DA2 tries in vain to be darker, edgier and sexier, but only succeeds in trying too hard. The violence is bloody, the "sexiness" is a bit blatant and ham-handed, all the while giving the impression that behind the scenes is a 40-something game director saying "this is what the kids want, right?" Rather than focus on making a solid, entertaining game, Bioware tried to include all things for all gamers. They have created a game with something for everyone, but not enough for any one group to enjoy the experience

Thats a lot of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom