Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age Anime shitfest

kris

Arcane
Excommunicator said:
Fortunately I greatly disliked Dragon Age artistic direction to begin with and have no interest in it as a franchise, but it is a very ominous sign of what kind of rape will happen to a franchise if it gets into the hands of these clowns

It didn't have a artistic direction. It just copied every other western medieval world with no form of artistic innovation.

The only somewhat interesting piece I can remember is the early LOTR inspired place were the battle is at.

I am not a fan of WOW, but they managed to make interesting things with not to good graphics and basic medieval setting.

bonescraper

Dantus12 said:
Lol, that's the new UI and inventory window?

abilities_isabella.jpg

Shit's complicated.

In Bioware we trust! :salute:

Nael

Arcane
Broodmother's all like "Mmmmmmm.... Tentacle rape.... Mmmmmm...."
brood_mother1.jpg

And then the protagonist's all like "Onoes! I need teh welfare!"
octuplets.jpg

And then we're all like

:x

chzr

Scholar
the inventory looks almost the same. The skill tree (moar liek skill wheel amirite?) looks retarded.

Chuftie

Augur
The "tree" looks worse than the new Final Fantasy's tree and that's saying something since the entire thing is a line

Nael

Arcane
Felix said:
Hey, they're still losting money steadily :smug:

So the billionaire that buys a stick of gum is therefore only a nine-hundred-ninety-nine-million-nine-hundred-and-ninety-nine-thousand-nine-hundred-and-ninety-nine-naire?

I am glad to see that the Dragon Age franchise is being willingly moved out of the RPG realm as it was clearly only ever about sales numbers and not "creating a good RPG", thus they did not deserve such a belonging at all.

I expected to have to rage and point out their mistakes for a long time to come but they are so determinedly removing all traces of RPGs from the next game that this looks like it will be a very painless process.

..And so I at least salute Bioware for at last realising they are no good at making RPGs and further coming to terms with themselves and realising that they were in denial every time they exclaimed that RPGs were the games they wanted to make.

Be true to yourself Bioware. Just stick to the Action-Romance Sims and we will leave you alone

Tycn

Savant
Bullshit. DA was a step in the right direction and offered a glimmer of hope for the future of the industry.

A glimmer, yes. A step in the right direction, maybe depending on where your perspective was. But neither was enough to deserve the game anything more than suspicion overall, given the amount of content it contained which hinted at much more devious motives of simplification and streamlining

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When DA was in production/came out: "DA will be a true oldschool RPG series in the vein of Baldur's Gate and KotoR, while Mass Effect will be our more action-oriented series. Rest assured that DA will stay like this in the sequels too!"

Now: "Herpderp action derp slasher herp need moar sales."

MetalCraze

Arcane
Hey guise another shitty console gaem coems out lol lol kotick ricctiello hines lol decline of games lol guys I've preordered collectors edition anyway but right now I bitch about this game like hardcore but this game will be awesome after it will come out you all know this

hoverdog said:
this game will tank worse than arkania, believe my words.

Have you already preordered it btw?

Luzur

Good Sir
someone is hard on the drugs.

and i have still not touched DA, not even through TPB's online store.

Rhalle

Magister
Pegultagol said:
The interface just looks rather haphazardly put together.

One part pastel quasi-cartoony palette and Photoshop filters, one part big, soft Playskool fonts consolification.

Character model doesn't look too bad. Nothing new to be seen there-- Bioware never does anything technically adventurous, ever-- but not terrible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom