Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wasn't Morrigan supposed to become the mother of Antichrist or something like that?
No, they tied up that plot point. If you went through the dark ritual, Flemeth absorbed the old god's soul from the kid.

Fredward

Scholar
I wouldn't consider Mythal dead-dead if she intended to send her godhood to Morrigan. Her whole schtick is fallback plans so she can continue to influence stuff, soft power instead of what Solas is doing. In a lot of ways she embodies the trickster ideal more than he does atm. The evanuris think they killed her? Nope, a bit escaped. Maybe locked away by Solas construction of the Veil? Nope, dodged that too, probably by possessing a mortal. Warden kills her? Nope, got away in an amulet smuggled by Hawke. Solas kills her? Nope, her daughters act as backups, Morrigan in this case. Her little speech here doesn't ring like a woman who is planning on going softly into that good night.

What I do find interesting is Morrigan not being in the next game. Mythal is the only current potential counter narrative we have available for Solas' perspective. Assuming she isn't down for his genocidal plans (and I do think she might have a more sympathetic perspective on the normies Solas plans on eliminating) she's the natural starting point for an old-elven anti-Solas exposition of events. Bioware is fond of their accidental heroes so maybe the protag stumbles across the shard of Mythal's soul up for grabs.

Lodis

Educated
All I remember was that knocking up Morrigan in Origins was very obviously building up towards something. But by the time of Inquisition they threw that plot point out the window and all we get is an autistic child. Is anyone who worked on Origins even at Bioware anymore?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
tumblrkin enjoyed Bioware games and they also posted on the Bioware Social Network. In the early 10s, tumblr was also one of the biggest spreaders of social justice ideology.
Didn't Steve Valentine mention that he saw some of the "art" the Dragon Age fans made of Alistair? I only vaguely remember.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom