Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age II: Timeline of Thedas

kris

Arcane
Ruprekt said:
What's the closest historical analogue to Dragon Age? e.g. how Dark Sun is the Sumerian city states or Tamriel is the Roman empire.

Country that breaks free from another country occupying it and then is invaded and repels a raging horde of enemy warriors?

I actually can't come up with any that follows that exact formula.

Angthoron

Arcane
kris said:
Ruprekt said:
What's the closest historical analogue to Dragon Age? e.g. how Dark Sun is the Sumerian city states or Tamriel is the Roman empire.

Country that breaks free from another country occupying it and then is invaded and repels a raging horde of enemy warriors?

Internet fantasy fanfics. Dragging Ache is closely modelled on this historical phenomenon.

Also, Volourn's comment is pretty spot-on here. Codex should do donation drives for an LP + Review of every Bio game and just have it at that.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
kris said:

Lebanon maybe? Invaded by Syria and Israel during the 80s. Finally breaks free of the Syrian influence in the mid '00s only to have Israel invade again in '06. Second Israeli invasion is stopped by a plucky band of freedom fighters, i.e. Hizbollah, armed with outdated weaponry but a sincere desire never to give up. Finally, the Israelis realize they can't achieve their objectives without unacceptable loss of life and withdraw.

circ

Arcane
Annonchinil said:
I was hoping the sequel would be more planescapy and focus on the Golden city and such and such.
Ya, that was about the only thing I liked other than my dwarf thug origin. Or Leske rather. But I don't think Gaiderman could do shit with that, and the only reason it was even remotely interesting was because it was shrouded in semi-mystery.

Jora

Arcane
The Golden Sity is probably just something they took from Silmarillion because they thought they needed a fall of man kind of mythical event. I don't think it was ever meant to be explored further.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"all the rage for my lost friend"

Except BIO was never you are fuckin' friend. theya re a game developer. They make games. You like the games or you don't like their games. Either way they are not your friend. FFS

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Volourn said:

Except BIO was never you are fuckin' friend. theya re a game developer. They make games. You like the games or you don't like their games. Either way they are not your friend. FFS

BUT CAN THEY BE UR BROS? :M

dragonfk

Erudite
Volourn said:

Listen to pretty princess, for once she knows what she's talking about.

ScottishMartialArts said:
Jaesun said:
ScottishMartialArts said:
Gaider just needs to choke on a hamburger and die so that his shitty writing can't ruin any more computer games.

Jebus SMA, did Gaider also rape and kill your entire family like he did to Warden?

No, I just see Gaider as the symbol of all that's wrong with Bioware, a developer which, prior to the release of NWN 1, I had absolutely loved. Hence, all the rage for my lost friend gets focused into berating our favorite hotel night manager turned video game writer.
Other than BG2, which DGaider was also responsible for, what had Bio released prior to NWN 1 that were worth playing?
Honest question here, no edginess

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I don't get the Gaider hate. The most notable thing he did for BG2 was creating the Ascension mod, in his spare time. For free. :love:

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
These men called themselves “qunari”, and invaded the mainland in a great wave that took humanity by surprise. They forced all they conquered to convert to the Qun, their oppressive religion that heralded all as equals but scorned all individual freedom.

So the qunari are communists?

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
herostratus said:
Other than BG2, which DGaider was also responsible for, what had Bio released prior to NWN 1 that were worth playing?
Honest question here, no edginess

Baldur's Gate 1. I also enjoyed MDK2 quite a bit, but I haven't played that in a decade, so who knows if it held up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom