Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
tumblr_n75t98wn5h1tuofuto1_500.png

What the fuck is that? It's like some horrible alien thing, doing an impression of a sexy woman without really knowing what one looks like.
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

She is a drag queen, not a tranny. There is a difference FYI.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
tumblr_n75t98wn5h1tuofuto1_500.png

What the fuck is that? It's like some horrible alien thing, doing an impression of a sexy woman without really knowing what one looks like.
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

She is a drag queen, not a tranny. There is a difference FYI.

I know that, I just didn't know about this Adore Delano person at all. He clearly isn't a woman and that's why I posted that dextroll (not really knowing it'd be out of context). My bad.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
tumblr_n7suvxeer81tuofuto1_500.png
tumblr_n5mxq3fGBe1tuofuto1_500.png

Jesus fucking christ, these people really are messed up.
I could understand kids of 5-8 years old saying such things, but I really doubt this is the case. This kind of people disturb me even more than the romance fags, altough they would probably be also romance fags, so... yeah, really creepy stuff.
16859.jpg

For a moment I thought sgc_meltdown was back

fuck you

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
We just need a drag queen troll smiley, so we won't have anymore confusion. ;)

Indeed. In hindsight, the troll smiley I used is actually quite accurate, as it resembles more a guy in woman's clothes, rather than a TS (this smiley shows no sign of boobage whatsoever).

Something like this:

trannytrollcopy.jpg

eremita

Savant
Jesus, is the game coming out yet? So we can discuss design/story shit. This is too fucking much! I'm too innocent for this!

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
BUT, call this a broad assumption, I am pretty sure most of the Bioware staff (MOST) is fairly normal, and possibly on the intelligent side. As a matter of fact, making awful shit that sells is often a sign of intelligence. It is definitely a sign of lucidity on some part (the marketing guys ?). So what happened ? How did it transition from Baldur's Gate to this ?

I do not mean WHY. I mean HOW. They have to know what kind of community they have created. They have to understand they have some kind of social responsability with how BSN turned out. Surely they have not created this kind of people, but this kind of people is now looking toward them. It's like owning a school and it suddenly becomes a school for retarded children. They have to talk among this between them, from designer to designer, from executive to creative to executive. They KNOW. It must be absolutely awkward.
Dragon Age 2 happened. That was the last straw for real RPG fans, or anyone who wants more than an interactive romance novel with a shovelware game tacked on. Today's BSN are the people who were left.

purpleblob

Savant
Seems like Bioware collects whole bunch of psychopaths.... it's truly disturbing reading through those.... the whole lot of them needs to be locked up in mental institution imo.

Cthulhu

Prospernaut
What I keep wondering about is this. Bioware makes more and more awful games with more and more awful writing and more and more catering to people who have serious life issues and who failed to grow up correctly in terms of social relationships.

BUT, call this a broad assumption, I am pretty sure most of the Bioware staff (MOST) is fairly normal, and possibly on the intelligent side. As a matter of fact, making awful shit that sells is often a sign of intelligence. It is definitely a sign of lucidity on some part (the marketing guys ?). So what happened ? How did it transition from Baldur's Gate to this ?

I do not mean WHY. I mean HOW. They have to know what kind of community they have created. They have to understand they have some kind of social responsability with how BSN turned out. Surely they have not created this kind of people, but this kind of people is now looking toward them. It's like owning a school and it suddenly becomes a school for retarded children. They have to talk among this between them, from designer to designer, from executive to creative to executive. They KNOW. It must be absolutely awkward.

When a Bioware developper meets a Bioware developper, what do they talk about ?
A consequence of Biowarian games becoming successful enough to garner their own cult following. You'll notice the sharp decline of writing quality occurred simultaneously with Bioware moving away from licensed tabletop settings to "original" franchises, which opened their hands in terms of both conceptual production and in-game content. Biowhore wouldn't be able to whore itself out so completely, If there were an external copyright-holder worried about their franchise becoming negatively advertised among the sane audience. They'd be restricted to churning out harmless and vaguely entertaining idiocy like KOTOR and NWN OC.

The only reason DAII became notorious is due to its shitty and obviously incomplete gameplay - respawning trash mobs, a couple dungeon maps reused ad nauseum, fucked-up balance, etc. Had the game provided a suitably polished hack-and-slash experience, people would gloss over its ridiculous amounts of rail-roading, unlikable one-dimensional characters, lack of a coherent story, etc. These things simply don't matter for 90% of the audience.

Ascensa

Literate
I believe those people were always in the BioWare fanbase, they are just more vocal now as the normal people fled.

I mean, when did the creepy Imoen sex mod get started? I'm sure the guy who made that is a big time BSNer.

It's like panning for gold in the sand, except you're panning for shit.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"The ones that are forced to create characters who's primary trait is whether they are or not they are gay. And then base everything around that out of fear of backlash. Instead of that being but one part of an overall character."

Plenty of their characters atill aren't defined by their sexuality. Morrigan certainly isn't. Isabella wasn't. Fenris wasn't.Varric wasn't and he is one of BIO's most popular npcs. Heck, even Anders wasn't. In fact, the vast majiority of their characters aren't defined by their sexual preferences (even Isabella in her over the top sexuality is more defined by her piracy and untrustworthiness than anything else).

\The problem is with the 'fans' who define everything by sex.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have not played any of the Dragon Age game, but I did pllay Bioware's Mass effect 3 and he does have a point. In this game, gay characters introduce themselves as gays in the first conversation you have with them. It is a gameplay hint for people who have this kind of interest which overwhelm basic core game features.

Do you remember when the Wasteland 2 forums opened, one of the first thread created was about the possibility of gay romances? More and more people want games to be a substitute for a pathetic life and as a Harlequin softcore book ; the game does not matter anymore. The western world has created a sad society of frustrated idiots who now think they are entitled to their emotional painkiller : Biowarian games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom