Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
But how can be faithfull to that?
Let's say someone fucked Morigan, while another chose to sacrifice his Warden. How can DA:I take both desisions into account? Has Morrigan the OG baby or not?Is Warder alive or nort. The only way is to not mention it at all(which makes the whole point...pointless)
or change the story significantly(which BIO won't do)
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/3171720/8#3195476
If the player didn't do the Dark Ritual, or didn't get Alistair or Loghain to do it, then it wasn't done. Had Morrigan figured out some way to otherwise do it, then nobody would have died when the Archdemon was slain. If she had some way to go about getting the Archdemon's soul without resorting to the Dark Ritual as she proposed it, then why did she go through all the trouble?

We could undoubtedly come up with some complex Plan B on Morrigan's part whereby she gets the Archdemon's soul but has to do something far more terrible-- but a) that removes the player's agency in the biggest single choice of Origins and b) would probably be pretty lame.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/315/index/13753715/6#13786619
While I won't discuss how the Dark Ritual decision will affect future games, I can say (and have said) that the choice won't be ignored-- it's pretty fundamental. So Morrigan will have a son only if she either romanced a male Warden or if the Dark Ritual was performed... and in only the latter case will that son be the so-called OGB.

Whether how the Dark Ritual affects future games is considered sufficient is a different matter completely. Considering that some people have expressed that the existence of the OGB should be the entire plot around which such a game revolves, it's perhaps unlikely. That kind of expectation can't be helped. Regardless, the choice will neither be ignored nor made into a footnote.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/371/index/14151999/5#14172238
If you mean the so-called "Old God Baby" will exist, regardless of whether the player took the Dark Ritual decision in DAO or not-- I can categorically say that this assumption is incorrect.

Rake

Arcane
How is this an issue? They say this happened or that happened. Geez, you're sounding like some beth/bio dev claiming that proper C&C is impossible.
Oh, i don't care about that. I have said that the whole "YOUR choices continiue from game to game was idiotic and Bioware should decide to make one of the endings cannon like it was in the first Fallouts. Sure do what you want, but NCR still happened regardless if you burned Sandy Sands to the ground.
But now they promished , and no matter what they do their idiotic fanbase will bitch.

Malpercio

Arcane
Oh hey, undeads. Hopefully this time they remember to put actual variety in the enemies fight-styles.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Origins had a very tailored experience for the PC, and we're really trying to recapture that
I wish I could believe that.

It would be so nice if they actually manage to make a decent game out of this. Imagine it, loading the Codex on release day, expecting a heap of hate from the crazies that buy and play shit they are pretty sure will be awful, and finding only recommendations to play it.

Malpercio

Arcane
But honestly, ME3 ending and story and DA2 were so bad even for teh Codex expectations, at this point hating on Bioware products is
jnvWLsf.gif

Plus with things like Project Eternity and Torment coming out most people have something else to look forward too, so I don't expect much hate for this Dragon Turd 3.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Re: Lack of health regeneration, I wonder if BioWare end up plagiarizing Josh Sawyer's stamina/health system for PE.

racofer

Thread Incliner
0:33 A Tale of Fail

Stopped watching at the point when the guy said expanshivinesshh and the richnessshhh of the world...

What a lie, I kept on watching. That was just when my brain farted. Anyway, when the other guy talks about how they're not only looking forward the future of the DA franchise but the future of Bioware games in general I couldn't help myself and I laughed my ass off.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It makes me think that the name Bioware is literal. As tough it were some biological, mechanical construct with no real intelligence or human understanding that produces what it thinks people see to be an RPG.

NotTale

Learned
Anyway, when the other guy talks about how they're not only looking forward the future of the DA franchise but the future of Bioware games in general I couldn't help myself and I laughed my ass off.
I took it as them saying they need to rebuild their brand. Which is true. Rebuild it "how" is the pertinent question to these parts. As a respectable RPG developer with hardcore appeal or just recovering their recent status as softcore RPG developer with waifu appeal.

Or maybe he's just saying they want to get settled into the new engine and start cranking out yearly releases.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It makes me think that the name Bioware is literal. As tough it were some biological, mechanical construct with no real intelligence or human understanding that produces what it thinks people see to be an RPG.

BioWare is called BioWare because the founders (who were medical doctors) originally thought they would be designing some kind of medical software, I think

racofer

Thread Incliner

BioWare is called BioWare because the founders (who were medical doctors) originally thought they would be designing some kind of medical software, I think

In a way, they are designing software for the mentally ill.

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But honestly, ME3 ending and story and DA2 were so bad even for teh Codex expectations, at this point hating on Bioware products is
jnvWLsf.gif

Plus with things like Project Eternity and Torment coming out most people have something else to look forward too, so I don't expect much hate for this Dragon Turd 3.

Codex thought DA1 was "good for what it is" even though it was shittier than DA2. I for one look forward to another hiking simulator. Bioware of BG fame is gone, and PE can fill in that void now so they don't need to act like someone they're not anymore.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

And now they spread cancer, how ironic.

Indranys

Savant
Screenshots look... well, like Skyrim, I guess. But wait, they got rid of health regen? o_O
No wai.

Holy shit, those faces... Bio just can't do it right lol.
To be honest, no one has ever really done it right while trying to make it look realistic. Such attempts will inevitably plunge into the uncanny valley.

I agree that those faces in the screenshots are weird indeed.
Not only the faces, female bodies look too thin and unhealthy to me.
Like they have anorexia or something.
And Morrigan looks like a whore more than ever in the series. Just look at her makeup man!
They just don't look like a normal people, more like Thedas version of Jersey Shore casts IMO.

DA2 wasn't too bad, just the overall cartoony textures that's very annoying to me.

With its limitations and weird facebones and all, I think DAO char faces is the best in the series.
No supermodel slender bodies, thick makeups and shit.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
DWARVES! DWARVES! DWARVES!

It's already better than ME, DA2, Twitcher, PST, ES series, and FO series combined!

No Morrigan is companion? FUCK OFF!

No reused areas? I;m sure that's exaggeration sicne pretty much all games reuse resources, but as long as it isn't DA2 level, I'm good with it.

Non regen heath! YAY!

DWARVES! DWARVES! DWARVES!

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
Stale HP was considered archaic back in DA:O's development so I'm surprised enough that they removed regen. What would be really world shattering is if death is as punishing as its sounds like in P:E.

Rake

Arcane
Stale HP was considered archaic back in DA:O's development so I'm surprised enough that they removed regen. What would be really world shattering is if death is as punishing as its sounds like in P:E.
:lol: Yeah, like there is a chance for this to happen.

Rake

Arcane
Re: Lack of health regeneration, I wonder if BioWare end up plagiarizing Josh Sawyer's stamina/health system for PE.
Pretty sure Roguey's heart would reach Sawyeristic singularity. The man's game isn't even out yet and is already a 'source of inspiration' for BioWare?

It really wouldn't surprise me.
Wanna bet they would fuck up even on that? I wouldn't trust them to copy it even after PE was out.
To reconstruct it from his snippets in formspring and Obsidian forums? Good lack with that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Pretty sure Roguey's heart would reach Sawyeristic singularity. The man's game isn't even out yet and is already a 'source of inspiration' for BioWare?

It really wouldn't surprise me.
Wanna bet they would fuck up even on that? I wouldn't trust them to copy it even after PE was out.
To reconstruct it from his snippets in formspring and Obsidian forums? Good lack with that.

Hey, they've even got an agent on the Obsidian forums - that alanschu QA guy.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Elf Inquisitor sounds like it has a lot of trolling potential. Aren't Elves considered an inferior race?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Inquisitors aren't about hunting down 'inferior' races, you idiot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom