Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age - official Codex verdict

Stalin

Scholar
Compare it to Fallout 3 and see the light gentlemen...

baronjohn

Cipher
Freelance Henchman said:
How was it in vanilla BG2 and such games? I've never played them.
Fixed that for you.

Haha, man. No wonder you guys love DA:O if you started with shit like NWN.

baronjohn

Cipher
Freelance Henchman said:
Nuh-uh, I did play BG2 a lot (and IWD), but it's been years since I saw it last.
You've played it, but you can't remember if resting heals 1d6 or what? You're either lying or retarded. Either way, your opinion is worthless.

sqeecoo

Arcane
The game is pretty good and very polished, but too bland to be called great. Worth playing, but not better than the flawed but inspired Witcher, for instance.

baronjohn

Cipher
Clockwork Knight said:
How dare you not remember some horribly irrelevant mechanics detail from years ago, Freelance

It's almost as if you have a life or something

faggot
Looks who's talking, Mr. 3000 Posts of Pure Drivel.

Yay let's bring postcount to the discussion. Next, forum titles, ok? Oh, oh, then avatar choice!

Child.

stop being such a steaming pile of rage inducing failure. How the fuck is someone supposed to remember how many hit points you get by resting in a game they played years ago?

Though to be honest, I'm also being childish by being enraged by a random pos on the internet. Laterz

Without taking a stand regarding the actual substance of the debate, I have to say that BaronJohn is actually overtaking EmotionalVampire as the most moronic poster at the Codex. I'm shedding tears thinking how oh so recently Andhaira was lauded as by far and away the worst poster on the Codex, and now he's probably in the upper 50% of poster quality (upper 15% if you're talking about pre-1998 gaming).[/quote]

Stalin

Scholar
baronjohn said:
Clockwork Knight said:
How dare you not remember some horribly irrelevant mechanics detail from years ago, Freelance

It's almost as if you have a life or something

faggot
Looks who's talking, Mr. 3000 Posts of Pure Drivel.
You must be retarded or new if you don't realise that the codex composes of only 20 people each with 50 sock puppets ....

Stalin

Scholar
Gosling said:
Freelance Henchman said:
Azrael the cat said:

Yeah.

Freelance Henchman, you don't remeber core mechanics of one of the major RPGs and only "remember" games as far as NWN - why the fuck should your uninformed opinion matter on an RPG-related forum?

Talk about decline.

Annoying sidecick banter is not a core mechanic

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Funny seeing a dumbshit like clockwork calling other people on their age.

But then again that's his bit: calling others on things he's guilty of.

Arcanoix

Scholar
With close to 44 hours of game play, precisely 100 separate saves - I'm surprised - perhaps the facial animations didn't grip me like too much, but I was very entertained most if not all of the way through. Now to play again!

Project: Eternity
Arcanoix said:
With close to 44 hours of game play, precisely 100 separate saves - I'm surprised - perhaps the facial animations didn't grip me like too much, but I was very entertained most if not all of the way through. Now to play again!

Yeah, I've played 20 something hours or so and enjoyed every one a lot. Glad I payed for this, maybe they'll make more games like it. :D :D :D

FeelTheRads said:
Funny seeing a dumbshit like clockwork calling other people on their age.

But then again that's his bit: calling others on things he's guilty of.

Yeah, that guy is a total faggot. I'll report him to the moderators.

Stalin said:
You must be retarded or new if you don't realise that the codex composes of only 20 people each with 50 sock puppets ....

Hey! No one's got their hand up my ass! At least last time I checked...

!

hitler_waving_flag.jpg

:rage:

AlaCarcuss said:
Ok, so because you're not into RTS then the whole genre is not worthwhile - mate, that's just your opinion. I'm not into FPS's, but I don't discount the whole genre just because I'm not particularly into it.

Real-time squad-based systems are simply a degenerate form of turn-based squad systems. Real-time doesn't bring anything to that concept except haste and imprecise control. Now that sounds like a bad concept, why would anyone want to do it that way? Even if there are some games that succeed despite the flawed concept.

AlaCarcuss said:
WTF? Haven't you played the game? I use scouting and split groups all the time.

Eh, I just noticed that myself, I'm not much in the habit of reading manuals. Or noticing small icons on the screen. Okay, so you can indeed scout around the map stealthed, that's something, though it's still trying my patience with too slow movement for the size of the maps, and the slow resolution of combat.

AlaCarcuss said:
And no, I find the combat in DA much more fluid, free-flowing and responsive than any of the IE games.

I don't, which is why I named them the better example of RTWP. Which is still vastly inferior to good turnbased systems. At any rate, I'm done repeating myself, I just wanted to say that DA's flawed take on a flawed concept is what cripples it.

DiverNB

Liturgist
sqeecoo said:
The game is pretty good and very polished, but too bland to be called great. Worth playing, but not better than the flawed but inspired Witcher, for instance.

I would say this sums up the game quite nicely.

I'm having fun, but it isn't really sucking me in. I find myself anticipating the combat and being slightly bored with the dialogue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom