Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Ryzer

Arcane
Attractive women are problematic because by simply existing, they make less attractive women feel othered. Purposefully creating attractive female characters is being complicit in something-something-something, which, as we all know, is just a step or two shy of murder.
Women might hate men, but there's one more thing they hate even more than men: Other women.
They hate Codexers more.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Attractive women are problematic because by simply existing, they make less attractive women feel othered. Purposefully creating attractive female characters is being complicit in something-something-something, which, as we all know, is just a step or two shy of murder.
Yeah.
Let them turn all female characters into pink haired, fat bitches.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
Imagine if Bioware games weren't about riding the bull. Just imagine because you'll never see those days again.

Are there even any people left in current BW from their pre bull-riding days?
I was bored and feeling autistic this morning so out of curiosity I pulled up the credits for Baldur's Gate 2.

Red is left/quit/fired.

Green is I couldn't find them, but their game dev credits end at the same time so they're probably gone.

a8jG8cY.png

9ted6

Educated
Imagine if Bioware games weren't about riding the bull. Just imagine because you'll never see those days again.

I was bored and feeling autistic this morning so out of curiosity I pulled up the credits for Baldur's Gate 2.

Red is left/quit/fired.

Green is I couldn't find them, but their game dev credits end at the same time so they're probably gone.

a8jG8cY.png
With all the talk about how DAO's team is mostly gone I checked up the writers from it and found all but one who passed away (RIP) are now Twitterfreaks writing stories about shit like "being bitter and queer" and "colonial oppression from an indigenous perspective". Maybe they were always that way and just hid it back when being crazy and religiously political wasn't in vogue and people just wanted decent game stories.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
With all the talk about how DAO's team is mostly gone I checked up the writers from it and found all but one who passed away (RIP) are now Twitterfreaks writing stories about shit like "being bitter and queer" and "colonial oppression from an indigenous perspective". Maybe they were always that way and just hid it back when being crazy and religiously political wasn't in vogue and people just wanted decent game stories.
Game writers are either liberals or commies and this is what the big tent left is like now.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
I don't know about most of them but I distinctly remember David Gaider acting like he had literal brain damage after his wife left him. I'm pretty sure it broke him.

He now roleplays as a gay man (I doubt he is actually gay) on twitter and is what I would call terminally online.

9ted6

Educated
I don't know about most of them but I distinctly remember David Gaider acting like he had literal brain damage after his wife left him. I'm pretty sure it broke him.

He now roleplays as a gay man (I doubt he is actually gay) on twitter and is what I would call terminally online.
5JF8d0b.jpeg

I was looking for this and as it turns out it's from rpgcodex.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Women might hate men, but there's one more thing they hate even more than men: Other women.
There's even a book written about that very phenomena:

https://www.amazon.com/Womans-Inhumanity-Woman-Phyllis-Chesler/dp/1556529465

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I had completely forgotten that he slaughtered a shitzu (spelling?) and decided to wear its scalp as a toupee around the time of Dragon Age, good times.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Gaider has an ex-wife? This is news to me.

deuxhero

Arcane

Red is left/quit/fired.

a8jG8cY.png
Any idea why Sass isn't hired for more stuff? Seems like the kinda artist that would get more work given all the things claiming to BG spiritual successors and the like.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
I might be misremembering because it's been over a decade. I'll see if I can look it up later.

Any idea why Sass isn't hired for more stuff? Seems like the kinda artist that would get more work given all the things claiming to BG spiritual successors and the like.
He did some work for Hearthstone, but no idea.

Also he has an etsy "shop":
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/MikeSassillustration

lycanwarrior

Scholar
I might be misremembering because it's been over a decade. I'll see if I can look it up later.

He did some work for Hearthstone, but no idea.

Also he has an etsy "shop":
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/MikeSassillustration

I thought Gaider was gay but maybe that someone else that was previously at Bioware.

Pride demons were treated as potential continent ending threats, meanwhile they're just walking around as random mooks in DA:I
It's kinda inevitable because of their dumb decision to have several holes in the sky that dropped high level demons everywhere. DA2 all for it issues had the right idea of not trying to beat DAO's world ending event. Instead of World Ending event was Prevent a Civil War ... Imagine if Inquisition was about the Paladin x Mages War, that's enough plot for entire game , you could even have more Demons involved if they wanted.
Desire demons were already random mooks in DA:O, though.

Red is left/quit/fired.

a8jG8cY.png
What's the point of this, tbh? The charts comparing the ME credits make more sense, but working for all your life in the same company was only real for boomers, and I mean actual boomers. In IT and software development you just work on a project to project basis. And wether you like it or not, going from Bioware to Amazon, or even Epic Games or Bungie is only going up in the IT world.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

As an old dev stalker this is the first I've heard of Gaider ever having a wife and he always pinged as gay to me (roleplaying as Viconia on the Bioware forums in the lead-up to BG2).

Some time ago on twitter he said he is willing to have sex with women, but he needs to be extremely drunk to do so.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

As an old dev stalker this is the first I've heard of Gaider ever having a wife and he always pinged as gay to me (roleplaying as Viconia on the Bioware forums in the lead-up to BG2).

Some time ago on twitter he said he is willing to have sex with women, but he needs to be extremely drunk to do so.
Who cares what that woke cunt has to say? His days of glory are long gone. Oh, did I say HIS? Did I just misgender him?

Delterius

Arcane
Pride demons were treated as potential continent ending threats
continent ending threats is an exaggeration. every single harrowing involves one. maleficars could summon them. facing pride was always a possibility for a company of templars. but i agree there was a devaluation of these threats in DA2 and 3.

what i find problematic with the demon invasion in DA:I is that it's development cut the military aspects of the game. so you don't see the inquisition fighting the demon army, the chantry's own army fell apart, and you mostly see the political intrigues in orlais instead. so it's almost like the world is ignoring the threat. sure, the church's leadership is missing but you'd imagine people would be scrambling to deal with the problem. you can reasonably assume that the orlesian empire is fighting the demons even as the civil war rages, but that's me filling in the blanks.

Well the game acknowledges the fact that nobody wants to deal with the most obvious threat and that's why you have to step in.

Lodis

Educated
Where did all the titty demons go in the game all about demons invading the world? They weren't exactly rare either since you encounter quite a few of them throughout Origins and Awakening.

7SL33mG.png

9ted6

Educated
Where did all the titty demons go in the game all about demons invading the world? They weren't exactly rare either since you encounter quite a few of them throughout Origins and Awakening.

7SL33mG.png
Can't have promiscuity create evil soul-and-dick-sucking demons in the current year. Watching your wife ride the bull in an Orlesian market has to be empowering and accepted.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Desire demons were already random mooks in DA:O, though.
You bargain with many of them, talk, etc. Not exactly random mooks.

continent ending threats is an exaggeration. every single harrowing involves one. maleficars could summon them. facing pride was always a possibility for a company of templars. but i agree there was a devaluation of these threats in DA2 and 3.
Harrowing is a closed, controlled environment where they kill you before it goes uncontrollably bad.

And, I said potential continent ending threat. Maleficars can summon them, and that's exactly what happened in the Mage's Tower with Uldred, but the demon took over. The only reason it was stopped was due to chosen one PC. If the pride demon was able to finish preparations, easily fight off the Templars, the effect of that could be as destructive as the first blight. Loghain even had a deal with Uldred (now possessed) for freedom.

DA:I wasn't devaluation, it was destruction. That pride demon in Uldred was one of the best directed scenes in DA:O, that cat desire demons with the girl in basement is classic desire demon and can be quite tricky to deal with and save the girl at same time, etc. It made for a decent chunk of missions in DA:O. Even regular fight encounters can get quite tricky on higher difficulties.

In DA:I they walk around doing nothing, waiting for Inquisitor to come slay him for +1 power points. I don't think there's any interaction with a demon other than the nightmare in the Warden quest (one of worst in the entire game). Even then, you don't bargain/talk, the thing taunts you and inquisitor auto responds.

It really makes DA:O look like a masterpiece in contrast. DA:I is the worst game I've ever played. It's more offensive than any shit russian jank I've had the pleasure of playing. It's the only game I use, if someone is an apologist or likes it, everything else they say is tainted.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom