Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
BioWare should feel the pressure. If Dragon Age 4 flops, that's like 3 flops in a row since Andromeda in 2017.

Ryzer

Arcane
BioWare should feel the pressure. If Dragon Age 4 flops, that's like 3 flops in a row since Andromeda in 2017.
If they had, they wouldn't have recruited a full-blown reddit tranny as the director of this game (who probably never touched a single Baldur's gate game).

Rhobar121

Scholar
DA:I wasn't a failure. If it were, there wouldn't be so many DLCs.
Andromeda and Anthem didn't get a single DLC.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You counting mass effect trilogy or no?

Inquisition launched before Andromeda.

The 2 flops are Andromeda and Anthem. Inquisition is doing decent enough to get post-launch DLCs. It's no secret that it might not be the spectacular money maker EA thought it would be, but it was OK enough.

Compare this to Andromeda and Anthem. In case of Andromeda after some patch making the white girl a butch lesbian and some bug fix, it pretty much died. And most fandom pretty much removed Andromeda from their collective awareness. Even worse with Anthem.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Andromeda and Antherm were Fallout 76 level garbage.
It's not about quality, it's about sales. Virtually every previous Bioware game since EA got some kind of DLC.
In both cases, there was no DLC, which may indicate that the games sold so poorly that EA considered it a waste of time and money.

Goldschmidt

Learned
You think Dragon Age Dreadwolf will be bad? Trust me boys and girls, it is only going to get worse! In 30 years you will suck some Dreadwolf yourself. A 30-year old turd still tastes better than freshly made diarrhea. Consider the setting. World filled with dangerhairs and government will force you to marry them, so you will be longing for that piece of Dreadwolf even more.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
You think Dragon Age Dreadwolf will be bad? Trust me boys and girls, it is only going to get worse! In 30 years you will suck some Dreadwolf yourself. A 30-year old turd still tastes better than freshly made diarrhea. Consider the setting. World filled with dangerhairs and government will force you to marry them, so you will be longing for that piece of Dreadwolf even more.
No, I think it will be really good. You can get info here from Mark Darrah about lessons learned from Inquisition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q5_RsII_Ho.
I believe they should focus on what they did the best, the Trespasser questline.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Andromeda had solid base game,it is shame that the team was filled with retarded sjw faggots. A good writing team could have turned it in to a great game. The exploration and the shooting are nice. But yeah,it turned out a total shit.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Andromeda had solid base game,it is shame that the team was filled with retarded sjw faggots. A good writing team could have turned it in to a great game. The exploration and the shooting are nice. But yeah,it turned out a total shit.

And it even had a good start with daddy Pathfinder, as soon as his dead shit hit the fan.

Rhobar121

Scholar
SJWs were the least of Andromeda's problems.
The only thing I can say positive is that the fight was good, the rest of the elements were mediocre at best.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Only positive about Andromeda was the fluid and responsive controls, Combat was standard braindead AI compensated with HP bloat affair.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Andromeda was so shit that you commend it on the shooting mechanics just because it was the part least covered in shit.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to Dreadwolf just to see how disgusting the new companion designs will be.

Apparently having attractive women in games now is verboten. Isn't that discriminatory against attractive women?

Will no one think of the hotties?!

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Attractive women are problematic because by simply existing, they make less attractive women feel othered. Purposefully creating attractive female characters is being complicit in something-something-something, which, as we all know, is just a step or two shy of murder.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Attractive women are problematic because by simply existing, they make less attractive women feel othered. Purposefully creating attractive female characters is being complicit in something-something-something, which, as we all know, is just a step or two shy of murder.
To be fair, I view the average green haired, staple faced, hambeast as "Other" too.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
While not stellar, Andromeda was leagues ahead of Anthem. Everything, from the combat to the maps and alien design, was 'okay' in Andromeda. Meanwhile, there is NOTHING redeemable about Anthem.

Anthem's map design was a horrible hollowed out and boring mess, because it was built to be flown over, not traversed. This was compounded by the gameplay consisting out of less than a dozen scenario's that kept being repeated! Even the god damn story missions reused these scenarios, with any combat encounter that would not fall in those 4-5 scenario's to be relegated to a damned cutscene. The world/game felt entirely empty and vapid because of it. Odd that the creators of "Forspoken" thought that they should copy this world design though.

Then there's Anthem's almost non existing story, ridiculous excuse for a hub and lack of differentiating loot.... in what was supposed to be a looter-shooter. Hope you like how your starting gear looks, because outside of extra neon lights, recolors or added flames, you'll be looking exactly the same.

havox

Novice
Everything, from the combat to the maps and alien design, was 'okay' in Andromeda
Yeah, it's fine if a little too easy for all the 10 minutes.. until you unlock crafting. Once I crafted a Widow sniper with unlimited ammo and a shotty with plasma homing shots, also unlimited ammo, for close encounters, the combat became a complete joke. Bioware always finds a way to make a mockery out of combat balance, Inquisition's knight-enchanter was also easy combat wins on autopilot, I' m sure they'll manage to fuck up Dreadwolf's balance too.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Once I crafted a Widow sniper with unlimited ammo and a shotty with plasma homing shots, also unlimited ammo, for close encounters, the combat became a complete joke.
So don't use it? If a certain item or ability makes the game dull, don't use that item or ability.
Obviously this isn't an excuse for bad balance, and the game was poorly designed and crafted in that regard, but really this should never be a reason to stop playing a singleplayer game. You can police the balance yourself by making choices one way or another, its not a competitive multiplayer game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom