Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Semiurge

Cipher
Wouldn’t worry much. Like the new ME editions it‘s prolly just a light graphical enhancement to make some quick cash, not a full remake.

Graphical polish isn't enough in this case. The game engine needs a 64-bit executable so that it won't crash in some of the more "intense" areas if using modern resolutions combined with maximum quality/mods. There are myriads of quests that don't resolve the way they should, and myriads of class abilities that do absolutely nothing, or anything but what they should be doing. Broken stats on items. Unless they fix all of those things AND give the game a new shiny coat, no-one's going to buy this again when they can simply run the original with patches and mods. Well, console players might as they have no access to unofficial content. This is EAware, so you can't get it for free even if you own the original. No matter the platform.

Reorigins actually means reimaginated for "modern audiences"

Yes. 'Re' for "Retard".

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Unless they fix all of those things AND give the game a new shiny coat, no-one's going to buy this again when they can simply run the original with patches and mods. Well, console players might as they have no access to unofficial content.
Please. The ME remasters were straight up uglier than the originals and they didn't bother with bug fixing or content restorations, but console and PC players alike happily gobbled that shit up. Has it not sunk it yet for you that all gamers are retarded?

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Has it not sunk it yet for you that all gamers are retarded?
Most of them are just junkies consooming the product, no matter how shit it is. That is why you have the deranged narrative that downscoring and/or boycotting the games is not fair, since the game is not to be blamed (for publisher greed and developer incompetence). My precioussss levels of obsession - as if a game is some kind of entity or a person.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

9ted6

Educated
Wouldn’t worry much. Like the new ME editions it‘s prolly just a light graphical enhancement to make some quick cash, not a full remake.
Let's not forget the change they went out of their way to implement and brag about it as if they were mythical heroes who just slew the monster and saved the princess: removing all of miranda's buttshots (and only hers, still perfectly fine to stare at everyone elses whilst they are pouring their heart out about their personal issues).
Also graphical enhancement is a misnomer, a lot of the changes they made are for the worst, particularly in Me2 LE, because it turns out a lot of those colors and lens flares were not there randomly but chosen to set up a specific mood or aesthetic.

But yeah admittedly can at least give them credit for not changing dialogues at least... But i don't expect them to be so kind towards DAO due to its age and it being a singular title that now has to be aligned with the belief that dragon age has ALWAYS been queer.

So with that in mind what can I expect/fear from a DAO remake made by a bunch of trans activists that want to push their world views via historical revisionism?

-Making all characters player sexual. DAO is actually based in this regard because whilst you do have a few bisexuals like leliana or zevrana, everyone else has a strong preference in who they bonk. And you have morrigan actively trying to get a warden baby for plot reasons, whether that be MC or one of your companions, which necessitates a man and a woman.
Naturally this is way too heteronormative, so every character would be bi and want to bone you as soon as you make camp for the first time (it worked out great for bg3 after all and modern bioware is a firm believer in imitation being the sincerest form of flattery) and every mention of male and females in the context of relationships is completely removed because fereldens are enlightened folk who understand gender identity is a construct. This allows morrigan to freely go after female warden PCs and get pregnant with them via "witch magic" that allows the caster to express their true authentic selves.

-Removing Sten or outright replacing him with another character like ironbull who is more palatable to modern audience. Because you can't just edit a few lines with sten, you'd have to mute him completely, and his beliefs on strict gender and social roles just don't match the qunari in the following games so yeah Sten would need some changes done to avoid tonal whiplash if you are playing the dragon age games consecutively and notice the qunari beliefs seem to completely change every game. Hell by the end of DA Inquisition you are mostly killing just hordes of qunari women warriors, so sten you liar wtf was this about women belonging in the kitchen?

-Increased references to gay marriages and lovers everywhere in codex lore entries. Insist on having gay/lesbian characters kiss in front of the player at every opportunity so they know that they are indeed, very very gay.

-Edit stories like that of Aveline the first female chevalier to include references to the patriarchy and oppressive power structures and all those lovely buzzwords that will really make people THINK.

I will laugh/cry if any of the above comes true. The main reason i'm not willing to bet money is that they require a bit more work then messing with camera settings and i am a firm believer in the power of human laziness.
In the human noble origin your dad is now gay and black and your mom's trans and hispanic with a gay Qunari lover which is how you meet Sten and Howe is even more evil and is one of two straight NPCs in the entire remaster, the other being the archdemon.

9ted6

Educated
So the game director for this is a transvestite?
Queerosexual gendermancer actually.
That moment when I don't know if you're joking or not.
GcmJDfO.jpg

La vie sexuelle

Learned

9ted6

Educated
So the game director for this is a transvestite?
Queerosexual gendermancer actually.
That moment when I don't know if you're joking or not.
GcmJDfO.jpg

Not just posts. Access to this account has been blocked for unauthorized users. Maybe the snowflake just encountered a critical thought... or maybe something is happening at Bioware again.
I don't think he's the only reason Deadgame's lost people left and right but he's probably a reason. Can you imagine him being your boss? Everyone has to constantly watch what they say because one freudian pronoun slip could cause him to freak out, fire them or try to sue them for hate speech.

Meanwhile women have to put up with the fact that he's basically a straight man in drag who in a game interview talked about how he's a lesbian and quote "always thirsty", a statement that if it came from someone like Avellone would make everyone think they were a sex offender.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom