Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I'm asking myself what behooves people to keep talking about a game that has had no relevant developments from a series that hasn't been good in decades.
:deadhorse:

It's not dead, yet. It's a semi-alive horse swarming with flies and all manner of gross shit and needs to be put out of its misery.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I'm asking myself what behooves people to keep talking about a game that has had no relevant developments from a series that hasn't been good in decades.

I just asked myself exactly the same question. And I came to the conclusion that it's no longer about Bioware games. It's about the company itself and their fans.

It's a kind of zeitgeist. Bioware announces some changes and is ahead of them. They were the first to turn RPGs into romance simulators, they were the first to simplify the idea of RPGs so much, they were the first to build a Twitter-Tumblr community, they were the first to transform RPGs into LGBT VR. Therefore, I believe that the deadness accompanying their existence somehow shows the future of the industry, and maybe even the social climate in the next decade.
I think they were pioneers until they lost their way.
They lost their cutting edge and their deadness is indicative only of the future of the DEI infested tech industry as a whole.
The future of cRPGs is yet to be revealed because it is currently in limbo, emerging tech will be harnessed to take them in new unpredictable directions, and Bioware will not be part of that picture at all.

Bioware has never lost its way. Everything that is happening now is a consequence of the direction chosen in 1998.

Bioware has always been hip and modern. I call it the "curse of modernism". If your primary value is "novelty" you end up creating a nightmare. Think modern art. Or the Western world in general.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Funny, I was just asking myself what behooves you to post in every single thread about games you purportedly don’t care about typically very specifically stating that you very much don’t care about this game

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

Funny, I was just asking myself what behooves you to post in every single thread about games you purportedly don’t care about typically very specifically stating that you very much don’t care about this game
It's called discernment.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I'm here to shitpost.
I'm of the opinion that giving this game and these people ANY attention whatsoever is a net loss for the gaming community.
At this point Bioware should be boycotted completely, but since your co-ethnic loves nothing more than to suck corpo dick...

Even if you mock them for the horrible woke shit they'll inevitably spit out, these people are just going to cope by going "Well we aren't making games for CHUDS like you!"

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

MerchantKing

Learned
I'm here to shitpost.
I'm of the opinion that giving this game and these people ANY attention whatsoever is a net loss for the gaming community.
At this point Bioware should be boycotted completely, but since your co-ethnic loves nothing more than to suck corpo dick...

Even if you mock them for the horrible woke shit they'll inevitably spit out, these people are just going to cope by going "Well we aren't making games for CHUDS like you!"
Cool it with the antisemitic remarks. We don't suck corpo dick.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Dreadwolf page on xbox is up.
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/dragon-age-dreadwolf/bsdx4fnnc0dk

Welcome to Dragon Age: Dreadwolf™. Enter the world of Thedas, a vibrant land of rugged wilderness, treacherous labyrinths, and glittering cities – steeped in savage combat and secret magics. Now, the fate of this world teeters on a knife's edge.

Thedas needs a new leader; one they'll never see coming. You’ll forge a courageous fellowship to challenge the gathering storm. Friendship, drama, and romance will abound as you bring striking individuals together into an extraordinary team. Become the leader and light the beacon of hope in their darkest moments.

Full reveal Summer 2024.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
It's probably going to be extremly railroad and won't give us much option in our leadership role. Inquisition had Good Guy and Sligthy Tyrant-lite Good Guy

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Friendship, drama, and romance will abound as you bring striking individuals together into an extraordinary team. Become the leader and light the beacon of hope in their darkest moments.
That just sounds exactly like Inquisition with all the nonsense that that entails. I wish they'd stuck with their original plan to do something more scaled down and character focused, but I can't say I'm surprised.

MerchantKing

Learned

Stumbled across this again.. and holy shit. Only the most optimistic retards can have hope after watching this. I can't believe someone watched this video and approved this atrocity.

REE-ACK-TIVITY at 3:40

tRXQYKW.jpeg

9ted6

Educated
Reactivity = you'll get a fully made sex cutscene for any of the ten gay and or transgender romance options.

What about straight sex cutscenes? Easy, there aren't any.

Camel

Scholar

He belittled people posting in the Rogue Trader thread for months, then proceeded to play the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom