Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Reinhardt

Arcane
c&c has no meaning if you don't care about world at all. "oh noes! druids/tieflings/gobbos will die!" "and?"
that's main problem with unlikeable cast.
Again, you can't see past what you don't like about the game, so you can't understand why it's successful.

95% positive on Steam. Millions of sales. No ratio on youtube trailers. And you're just like "but there's woke in it! it's the same as Dragon Age!!"
nigga, i'm saying it's boring shit. yes, it's woke too, but i was bored even before reaching that part. you fighting some invented strawman again.

9ted6

Educated
BG3 was fucking shit even if it's not at the bottom of the barrel. Just because it and Twitcher are an inch or two above Inquisition doesn't make any of them good.
Yeah but if you serve me bland white bread on a plate I don't have to eat it just because it's not 3-day-old rotten shit.

Quality is not a relative measurement.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
You're just repeating game bad over and over and missing the rest of my point.
and your point is "skyrim has million of editions and each sold millions of copies - greatest gaem ever!"
You accuse me of a strawman, but this is the strawman you're arguing with.

I already said that I agree with you that BG3 is a bad game, but the things it gets right shouldn't be ignored if you're trying to emulate its success. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Just because it and Twitcher are an inch or two above Inquisition doesn't make any of them good.
Great, now the strawman is that I think Twitcher is the best gaem evar! :roll:

Again, I'm not praising Twicher's choices between games. I brought it up because it has almost none.

9ted6

Educated
Just because it and Twitcher are an inch or two above Inquisition doesn't make any of them good.
Great, now the strawman is that I think Twitcher is the best gaem evar! :roll:
I wasn't addressing you specifically but people in general who think that games like BG3 or Twitcher being very so slightly better than games like Inquisition or Anthem means they have some redeeming quality to them, which is something I disagree with.

I think the most hilarious part of all this is the various Twitter/Reddit bots calling others "not real BioWare fans."

View attachment 50920

B-b-but you're not even a real bio-sister!!! I have a Solas bodypillow and matching dildo! I'm a paid shi-

View attachment 50921

What kind of insane cope is this?
Bioware fandom civil war incoming?
The point of contention here is that core biowarians were on board for Inquisition and Andromeda, in spite of being mediocre as fuck, because they still retained the soul of Bioware (more or less). Dragon Age also kept an identity that's separate from Mass Effect. The fortnite-GoW-ization of Dragon Age, the "brainy" Bioware franchise, is going to fuck up a lot of people.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Isn't your point that 95% on steam means it's a good game? It doesn't. While steam isn't as bad as say, IGN, I find it's often nearly an inverse curve of quality. Even when players review bomb it's not informative, just petulant.

Ed: urg too many posts and didn't quote but that was in response to someone up above a few.

Reinhardt

Arcane
You're just repeating game bad over and over and missing the rest of my point.
and your point is "skyrim has million of editions and each sold millions of copies - greatest gaem ever!"
You accuse me of a strawman, but this is the strawman you're arguing with.

I already said that I agree with you that BG3 is a bad game, but the things it gets right shouldn't be ignored if you're trying to emulate its success. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
and i'm saying things it did right are good. in a vacuum. but when you don't care about rest of the game you don't care about things they did right too.
"c&c are gud!" - yes, c&c are gud but i don't care about world or npc affected by those c&c so literally whatever.
"tb combat is gud!" - yes, tb combat is a gud thing, but you have to suffer through everything else between combats and it becomes too easy and broken real fast anyway.
what else was done right?

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Isn't your point that 95% on steam means it's a good game?
No, retard. It's that it sold well. Value proposition.

You smooth-brained niggers are so busy jerking each other off about how bad the game is that you can't even fucking read.
Being a sooky little bitch about it is not an efficient way to make a point, though.

I mean yes, in a world of cynical trash games 'following the leader' is a safer bet for the company but it doesn't result in good games, just more crap ones. Risk aversion is one of the things killing the hobby.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Risk aversion is one of the things killing the hobby.
No one wants to experiment any longer.
They stick to the tried and true AAA shit that still manages to keep the money flowing.
That's what they want to see.
Those big numbers getting bigger.

9ted6

Educated
I think the most hilarious part of all this is the various Twitter/Reddit bots calling others "not real BioWare fans."

View attachment 50920

B-b-but you're not even a real bio-sister!!! I have a Solas bodypillow and matching dildo! I'm a paid shi-

View attachment 50921

Character lore as in for the PC... in a singleplayer video game...

What kind of insane cope is this?
I don't know why they specifically went for Solas fetishists as their bot angle. Like they think an actual person would unironically call themselves solassdick69 and praise every one of Bioware's games.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I mean yes, in a world of cynical trash games 'following the leader' is a safer bet for the company but it doesn't result in good games, just more crap ones. Risk aversion is one of the things killing the hobby.

On the other hand devs don't need to reinvent the wheel every time a new game is made. 90% of New Vagas gameplay is based on Fallout 3 which is IMO one of the worst games ever created. Despite that it's one of the highest rated RPGs on the RPG Codex. Same goes on Mask of the Betrayer. Game inspired by BG3 but with good story could be one of the best games ever created.

kapisi

Novice
So there's a girl on YouTube who is on the 'community concil' providing feedback to Bioware. She's played the game and liked the combat very much.

She also mods out combat when she plays Origins, Inquisition and Baldur's Gate 3.

Lodis

Educated
No save import, just tell the game what you did: https://www.ign.com/articles/dragon...-previous-games-through-the-character-creator

BioWare Details How Previous Choices Will be Imported Into Dragon Age: The Veilguard​

Good news, you'll be able to recreate your Inquisitor. Here's how.​

Yes, you will be able to carry over your decisions from previous Dragon Age games into The Veilguard — it'll just work a little differently this time.

In an interview with IGN, Dragon Age: The Veilguard Game Director Corinne Busche says the ability to import your choices is "fully integrated into the character creator this time around." What's more, Busche confirmed that you'll be able to customize your Inquisitor if you want to remake your protagonist from Dragon Age: Inquisition.

"What's not lost on us is that it's been 10 years since existing players have played. They might not remember [what they did in previous games]," Busche explains. "They might need that refresher and we don't want new players to feel like they're missing out on those decisions. So in the character creator, I like to call it last time on Dragon Age, but you can go into your past adventures and it, actually through tarot cards, tells you what the context was and what decision you want to make."

When pressed further about if all the previous characters would be woven into The Veilguard, like Hawke, Busch says, "I won't say everybody, but yes, some of them."

What it sounds like is that BioWare may be abandoning Dragon Age Keep, which would allow you to export your world state from previous Dragon Age games into Inquisition through your save files. When asked if The Veilguard would read saves from Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age II, or Dragon Age: Inquisition, Busche confirmed that it wouldn't.

"The technology is so different and we wanted it to be in the client," she says.

Indeed, Busche also confirms that The Veilguard players won't have to link to their accounts for this option, as you'll be able to play the game fully offline. And, yes, it's a single-player game and has no microtransactions.

It's only the latest in a trove of information we've gotten about Dragon Age: The Veilguard lately, in addition to its extended gameplay showcase today. BioWare recently showed off the seven companions in its Xbox Showcase trailer, and before that, it officially announced that it's changing its name from Dragon Age: Dreadwolf. Dragon Age: The Veilguard will release sometime this Fall.
Pretty much confirms that nothing from Origins will be relevant. I’ve never seen a company so desperate to distance itself from its own original IP while simultaneously dragging said IP through the dirt.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
No save import, just tell the game what you did: https://www.ign.com/articles/dragon...-previous-games-through-the-character-creator

BioWare Details How Previous Choices Will be Imported Into Dragon Age: The Veilguard​

Good news, you'll be able to recreate your Inquisitor. Here's how.​

Yes, you will be able to carry over your decisions from previous Dragon Age games into The Veilguard — it'll just work a little differently this time.

In an interview with IGN, Dragon Age: The Veilguard Game Director Corinne Busche says the ability to import your choices is "fully integrated into the character creator this time around." What's more, Busche confirmed that you'll be able to customize your Inquisitor if you want to remake your protagonist from Dragon Age: Inquisition.

"What's not lost on us is that it's been 10 years since existing players have played. They might not remember [what they did in previous games]," Busche explains. "They might need that refresher and we don't want new players to feel like they're missing out on those decisions. So in the character creator, I like to call it last time on Dragon Age, but you can go into your past adventures and it, actually through tarot cards, tells you what the context was and what decision you want to make."

When pressed further about if all the previous characters would be woven into The Veilguard, like Hawke, Busch says, "I won't say everybody, but yes, some of them."

What it sounds like is that BioWare may be abandoning Dragon Age Keep, which would allow you to export your world state from previous Dragon Age games into Inquisition through your save files. When asked if The Veilguard would read saves from Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age II, or Dragon Age: Inquisition, Busche confirmed that it wouldn't.

"The technology is so different and we wanted it to be in the client," she says.

Indeed, Busche also confirms that The Veilguard players won't have to link to their accounts for this option, as you'll be able to play the game fully offline. And, yes, it's a single-player game and has no microtransactions.

It's only the latest in a trove of information we've gotten about Dragon Age: The Veilguard lately, in addition to its extended gameplay showcase today. BioWare recently showed off the seven companions in its Xbox Showcase trailer, and before that, it officially announced that it's changing its name from Dragon Age: Dreadwolf. Dragon Age: The Veilguard will release sometime this Fall.
Pretty much confirms that nothing from Origins will be relevant. I’ve never seen a company so desperate to distance itself from its own original IP while simultaneously dragging said IP through the dirt.
Awakening was the last good one.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Awakening sould be real Part 2, not just mere DLC. Compressing it into an add-on form stifled any potential for something more.
Already made this point but Awakening was where the series went off the rails. Throwing away the dark fantasy apocalypse plot so they could do 'workers of the world unite' instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom