Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
))
l8Me5zu.jpeg
Today I learned, David Gaider released his own game, and its reviewed positively

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I saw people reddit saying that was David's fault that in Dragon Age theres no Asian people, is that true ?
Weren't any noticeable amount of blacks either in DA1-2, doubt it has anything to do with Gaider, just a common thing for pre-wokeness era games - you're making a medieval Europe-inspired fantasy rpg & your target audience are 90% white males, no quotas, no need to put any asians in unless you have some specific ideas for such characters.

just

Liturgist
Lets hear Codexers predictions if this shovelware will succeed or fail.
they'll show some flashy gameplay, some dwarf on elf sexscenes and theres still enough biodrones around so it wont be a complete fail

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The series still hasn't got an established art direction or lore. It's actually kinda amazing. Remember that Origins was supposed to be the ORIGIN STORY of the Grey Warden you'd play in all the sequels.
Dragon Age was conceived as an evergreen fantasy series, their own Forgotten Realms. The Warden was not Shepherd.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
The series still hasn't got an established art direction or lore. It's actually kinda amazing. Remember that Origins was supposed to be the ORIGIN STORY of the Grey Warden you'd play in all the sequels.
Why is the game called Dragon Age: Origins?

The game offers a unique new feature called Origin Stories that shapes the way the world sees you and the way you will see the world. Each origin determines the player’s motivations, shapes his or her experience, and renders a unique prelude, path, and ending to the game. We also chose “Origins” because it symbolises BioWare’s return to its roots.
Great feature btw, not only did it give unique & fun prologues, but also moderately influenced the overall walkthrough & possible endings.
Compare to how shitty the same feature is done in Cyberpunk.
Bioware did have its moments of glory in the past.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

Detective? WTF is that in a medieval fantasy setting. Do they have police too? These writers are such hacks its actually impressive.

Thedas has never been medieval, only Ferelden seems to be that. The entire rest of the world appears to be in the Renaissance, especially Orlais.

Green

Barely Literate

Origins was supposed to be a standalone, which is why they commited to the epilogue and ending slides despite those causing only inconsistencies in the sequels. I believe it's true, though, that's part of the reason why this IP has much messier art direction and themes than ME. I think it could even be made the argument that the sequels were more of a byproduct of ME's success than DA:O's on its own seeing how Mass Effect adjacent they ended up being, leaving behind a lot of their cRPG roots and such.

Green

Barely Literate

Detective? WTF is that in a medieval fantasy setting. Do they have police too? These writers are such hacks its actually impressive.

Thedas has never been medieval, only Ferelden seems to be that. The entire rest of the world appears to be in the Renaissance, especially Orlais.
The Renaissance happened in the high medieval period. On that note though, pretty hateable that they laid the splendor on french Orlais, meanwhile italian Antiva is a cesspool of assassins. Renaissance is pretty much the only historical period we italians can be proud of, and you give it to the french.

Lodis

Educated
Imagine waiting years for a big booty Qunari gf from one of the early concepts but in reality you get some manfaced Horizon Zero Dawn ripoff named Trash instead. The absolute worst timeline.

Yy7zdhu.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom