Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Child of Malkav

Erudite
They should have cancelled the game when they saw that BG3 exists. None will compare at least for the foreseeable future.
This is a disaster by default. At least other devs and hacks already threw in the towel saying don't expect this from us, don't think this level of quality will become the norm.
But nah brah, Bioware just changed the title to their latest slop. Get hyped!

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
The receding BG3 hype wave will likely give Bioware some extra sales from people looking for their next hit of "cinematic gaming content".

They released DA2 ME2 ME3 Anthem DAI Andromeda. Their reputation is set.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
They should have cancelled the game when they saw that BG3 exists. None will compare at least for the foreseeable future.
BG3 was in early access, and playable, since 2020. Nobody was predicting it would be such a huge success.
Dragon Age 4 and Avowed were already late into production when BG3 launched and its too late for them to pivot into this new style of popular RPG.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The Tomb Raider board "RPG" was marketed with a fat, black lesbian with two prosthetic legs.
Lara Croft is also a lecturer at colleges in that tabletop game that lectures students on the evils of colonization and how taking artifacts from the indigenous people is evil. Basically, the exact opposite of what Tomb Raider is. I'm not even sure where you'd go in a Tomb Raider game if raiding tombs is taboo.
Yes, it's unfortunate that the Codex had declined by 2015 into a place where the pro-Bioware position was prevalent
Baldur's Gate dropped in the fortunate position where all the previous D&D titles released before it were hot dumpster fire slop, each one being progressively worse than the one before it, reaching the peak at Descent to Undermountain. Anything short of more trash would have been successful. It also helps that BioWare was smart enough to do a 2D game rather than jump on the rising but still immature 3D so that Baldur's Gate aged significantly better than it otherwise would have.
Weren't any noticeable amount of blacks either in DA1-2, doubt it has anything to do with Gaider, just a common thing for pre-wokeness era games - you're making a medieval Europe-inspired fantasy rpg & your target audience are 90% white males, no quotas, no need to put any asians in unless you have some specific ideas for such characters.
In other words, back when people had a lick of sense and publishers and developers both knew that shitting on your consumer base isn't a great plan.
Will sell a few million copies, but won't come anywhere close to covering its production costs. 80% of the team will be laid off.
This is why AAA studios are failing. Anthem sold 5 million copies, but EA was expecting it to sell numbers like Battlefront which sold 20+ million copies. If $150 million(saying that they make at least $30 on every $50 sale) can't cover your development costs with a nice, fat profit, you're doing something horribly wrong.

Elttharion

Learned
Reminder. If you're attracted to this picture, you might be a pedophile.

339-3393752_thicc-world-of-warcraft-png-download-female-dwarf.png
Thank God, I am safe...

Elttharion

Learned
Shinobi is working overtime shilling the game in retardera

Pretty much every person I've talked to across a dozen different media outlets, ~95%'ish, has walked out of the private demo sessions with glowing praise.

I think we're in for some strong previews tomorrow.
One preview from a large outlet basically boils down to 'Bioware is back'.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
what do you mean? bg 3 is ugly npc cutscene simulator and da4 will be ugly npc cutscene simulator. they are literally same picture.
Muh dude, I like you and all that.....but after reading your replies on games and shit, honestly (and don't take this the wrong way) you should just stick arguing with Pompi instead.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Shut up already about Baldur's Gate 3. Every time a new RPG is on the horizon you faggots start talking about BG3 again. There's like 3 people on the whole codex who gives a shit about that game and there's even less people who are going to care about Dragon Shit 4. It has nothing to do with BG3. The only thing any of these games have in common is that they are all equally shit.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Drakortha wait a sec, weren't you the guy who kept pissing against the wind on the BG3 thread in the beginning? You are, aren't you? Well these 2 games have nothing in common. 1 is stellar, the other is a piece of shit.
And uh over 15 million people cared about BG3. And yeah, that game has nothing to do with DA. Just pointed out the level of quality and passion which favors BG3, heavily.

Gamer29345

Barely Literate
Can´t for the life of me understand the love for BG3.

When I played it every leader was an arrogant girlboss bitch who couldn´t have been written more unlikeable if they tried. All the men acted weak and gay. Completely turned me off from the game.

I then decided to give the game one last shot, bootet it up and within 10 seconds of playing walked into two ogres buttfucking each other. That´s when I noped out, uninstalled and refunded this piece of trash.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Drakortha wait a sec, weren't you the guy who kept pissing against the wind on the BG3 thread in the beginning? You are, aren't you? Well these 2 games have nothing in common. 1 is stellar, the other is a piece of shit.
And uh over 15 million people cared about BG3. And yeah, that game has nothing to do with DA. Just pointed out the level of quality and passion which favors BG3, heavily.
Baldur's Gate 3 (aka original sin 3) certainly was a piece of shit and I'm not pissing in the wind by saying that, it's just the stark truth. Larian couldn't even implement day & night cycles and basic NPC scheduling. For a 2020 cRPG that is just abysmal. The fact that you don't even care and think it was stellar just shows you have no standards and will consume anything so long as it's new & popular.

15 million retards on steam means nothing. That's like saying people care about Justin Bieber because they bought his album while it was trending. It was a flash in the pan and nobody will care about Larian and whatever Original Sin 4 will end up being called. Their formula was already stale by the time BG3 hit early access. By their next game it's going to be mouldy bread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom