Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
It is also funny how they removed all possabilities to be a blood mage since inquisition. Like, it was among the few plot options where you can dabble with moral justifications, common for RPGs, like, does the end justify the means? or can you use blood magic for good deeds or be outright evil sorceror trope. The obvious answer is that they have no creatice capacity to invent a story that makes moral choices interesting, apart from simplet ones.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
You guys (probably) haven't noticed, but apparently the biggest-thirst trap so far is the old white dude, to the point where he's raking in the fanart/rule 34 and is even... Kotaku's official husbando?

View attachment 51131

What is happening?

:shredder:

Isn't it ironic that the most desirable person is the white and old John Waters, and not the young and diverse members of the team, including the trans Qunari?
Gaider pushing back timidly against the monster he helped create:

Gaider is like when Kant criticized Fichte, but even less self-consciously and complimentarily without a sense of personal responsibility.

Hasn't Gaider gone on record before as regretting the BG2 romances or have I imagined it?

Interesting to see him stick his head above the parapet nonetheless. Opprobrium incoming.

As an aside it must be maddening to have to state your clear dislike for something in such couched terms. We are very fortunate here in some ways.

It is not by accident that I used the comparison with Kant and Fichte.

Kant believed that he had overturned the old metaphysics, including the materialist one, by finding a balance between the ideological nature of knowledge and life practice. However, Fichte and colleagues focused on what ideas govern human life, which for Kant was a distortion of his own theory.

Gaider was generally the scriptwriter of the company that was the first to develop a plot over gameplay mechanisms (at least in the West). He wrote a large part of the world of Origins. Romances enriched all this, but they were not the center of the production process. Besides, he didn't write characters like THAT. He must see the new Drago Age as a distortion of his own concepts.

How should we evaluate this? Well, for Russell and the Vienna Circle, Kant is responsible for creating idealism with all its retardness. For orthodox Kantians, it was possible to continue the master's thoughts without distortions.

It's the same with Gaider and his legacy.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I don't see a problem with the game being based on a hub where you launch missions from, like Mass Effect. It's much better than the beautiful but empty maps of inquisition.

Having only 3 abilities, having a gendermancer directing the game, having a writing team composed of sexual deviants... Thats what's going to make the game shit.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
You guys (probably) haven't noticed, but apparently the biggest-thirst trap so far is the old white dude, to the point where he's raking in the fanart/rule 34 and is even... Kotaku's official husbando?

View attachment 51131

What is happening?

The social media buzz around DAVe is probably the weirdest I've seen for a relatively mainstream game, obviously some of it seems inhuman because it's bots but there's stuff like this that I can't imagine any company would want to pay for.

Vatnik Wumao
The social media buzz around DAVe is probably the weirdest I've seen for a relatively mainstream game, obviously some of it seems inhuman because it's bots but there's stuff like this that I can't imagine any company would want to pay for.
Deviant community nurtured by the deviants at BioWare. Deviant fixations ensue.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The replies... Those fucking replies make me want to puke.

Semiurge

Cipher

View attachment 51131

What is happening?

People would rather fuck the old decrepit white man instead of the diverse characters

What about Lucanis? He's white, but also bland. Looks like Blackwall's skinnier brother.

The replies... Those fucking replies make me want to puke.

Reddit-tier humor.... plus troons fantasizing about what it's like to have periods. Something Awful was/is reddit's twin now - a safe space where troons smell each other's neovag queefs.

Lodis

Educated
It is also funny how they removed all possabilities to be a blood mage since inquisition. Like, it was among the few plot options where you can dabble with moral justifications, common for RPGs, like, does the end justify the means? or can you use blood magic for good deeds or be outright evil sorceror trope. The obvious answer is that they have no creatice capacity to invent a story that makes moral choices interesting, apart from simplet ones.
It's just the the trend with Bioware where they continue to make their protagonists as bland as "safe" as possible. You could do some pretty morally dubious shit in Origins like agreeing to a blood magic ritual to sacrifice a bunch of elves for a +1 Constitution score or making deals with Desire Demons because you were too busy thinking with your dick. Speaking of which these demons also got removed from Inquisition, a game all about demons invading the world which I always found funny.

VLCnz5g.jpeg

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah, DAO had pretty neat options, apart from kill demon, save a child. Trading little girl's body to the desire demon, bargaining for connor's soul, selling elves to Tevinter, Loghain's fate, after all. No bioware sequels came even close to such choices. In inquisition you literally have only good outcomes and praises from all around you.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Though at least they didn't give her cloaca, which I think is the case for her species.
Githyanki and githzerai, as originally described in the 1981 Fiend Folio, were descended from humans. Another humanoid race called the gith were introduced in the Dark Sun campaign setting in 1991 and described as appearing to be a "peculiar mixture of elf and reptile", although there wasn't any mention of their reproductive methods at this time. The 1993 Monstrous Manual included an entry for gith and stated they were egg layers, which could have been explicitly introduced in some other Dark Sun product published by then or might have been an inference from the description of gith as appearing reptilian. In 1994, Dark Sun adventure module DSE2 Black Spine was published, and it was based around the gith being descended from a group of githyanki who had planned to conquer Athas only to be attacked by githzerai, resulting in them losing contact with their brethren and degenerating into an "elf and reptile" appearance. When Monte Cook wrote A Guide to the Astral Plane, released in 1996, either he or someone else at TSR must have noticed that gith are egg-laying (per the Monstrous Manual) and descended from githyanki (per DSE2 Black Spine), which led to the retcon of githyanki reproducing via egg-laying. Although the text of A Guide to the Astral Plane claims this might have been caused by illithid experiments, since the githzerai apparently have normal human reproductive systems and splintered from the githyanki after liberation from the illithids, this explanation does not make sense; the only alternative explanation offered is that the githyanki were altered by "exposure to some strange astral energies".

Really this is something that could and should have been reverted since then.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Though at least they didn't give her cloaca, which I think is the case for her species.
Githyanki and githzerai, as originally described in the 1981 Fiend Folio, were descended from humans. Another humanoid race called the gith were introduced in the Dark Sun campaign setting in 1991 and described as appearing to be a "peculiar mixture of elf and reptile", although there wasn't any mention of their reproductive methods at this time. The 1993 Monstrous Manual included an entry for gith and stated they were egg layers, which could have been explicitly introduced in some other Dark Sun product published by then or might have been an inference from the description of gith as appearing reptilian. In 1994, Dark Sun adventure module DSE2 Black Spine was published, and it was based around the gith being descended from a group of githyanki who had planned to conquer Athas only to be attacked by githzerai, resulting in them losing contact with their brethren and degenerating into an "elf and reptile" appearance. When Monte Cook wrote A Guide to the Astral Plane, released in 1996, either he or someone else at TSR must have noticed that gith are egg-laying (per the Monstrous Manual) and descended from githyanki (per DSE2 Black Spine), which led to the retcon of githyanki reproducing via egg-laying. Although the text of A Guide to the Astral Plane claims this might have been caused by illithid experiments, since the githzerai apparently have normal human reproductive systems and splintered from the githyanki after liberation from the illithids, this explanation does not make sense; the only alternative explanation offered is that the githyanki were altered by "exposure to some strange astral energies".

Really this is something that could and should have been reverted since then.
As an interesting little factoid, GRRM designed the githyanki.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
It's just the the trend with Bioware where they continue to make their protagonists as bland as "safe" as possible. You could do some pretty morally dubious shit in Origins like agreeing to a blood magic ritual to sacrifice a bunch of elves for a +1 Constitution score or making deals with Desire Demons because you were too busy thinking with your dick. Speaking of which these demons also got removed from Inquisition, a game all about demons invading the world which I always found funny.

VLCnz5g.jpeg

Of course they did! Because in a game full of horrors such as Qunari troons and manly masculine presenting 'women' that are self-inserts for the blue haired landwhales and shapeless uggos that are the "modern audience" having an actually hot / fuckable demon is simply not allowed anymore. What they don't realize is that their gender bended spiteful mutants are the real stuff of nightmares to normal eyes far more than any grotesquery from the abyss. The demons are real, and they walk among us.

You needn't look farther than Stellar Blade which is an absolutely mid game but generated so much controversy simply by having an Asian waifu as the protagonist. That is modern gay-ming circa 2024.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

VLCnz5g.jpeg

Of course they did! Because in a game full of horrors such as Qunari troons and manly masculine presenting 'women' that are self-inserts for the blue haired landwhales and shapeless uggos that are the "modern audience" having an actually hot / fuckable demon is simply not allowed anymore. What they don't realize is that their gender bended spiteful mutants are the real stuff of nightmares to normal eyes far more than any grotesquery from the abyss. The demons are real, and they walk among us.

You needn't look farther than Stellar Blade which is an absolutely mid game but generated so much controversy simply by having an Asian waifu as the protagonist. That is modern gay-ming circa 2024.
Like you said, I never thought about the Dragon Age demons being removed because they were superfluous, as they are now just walking around us at this point...

Elttharion

Learned

View attachment 51131

What is happening?

People would rather fuck the old decrepit white man instead of the diverse characters

What about Lucanis? He's white, but also bland. Looks like Blackwall's skinnier brother.

lucanis.jpg

How is this white? He looks like an arab to me

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

View attachment 51131

What is happening?

lucanis.jpg

He looks more spanish/italian than arab(don't fucking tell me there's no difference)

His surname is also Dellamorte apparently (which is italian sounding, although in italian it would be Della Morte)

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
lucanis.jpg

He looks more spanish/italian than arab(don't fucking tell me there's no difference)

His surname is also Dellamorte apparently (which is italian sounding, although in italian it would be Della Morte)

Umm, uhh... Italy bro... I guess I'm the one who has to break the news to you re: Arabs/Italians. Sorry for that!

Joyvankek

Learned

View attachment 51131

What is happening?

lucanis.jpg

Arab or a semite in general.
Absolutely not an European.
Umm, uhh... Italy bro... I guess I'm the one who has to break the news to you re: Arabs/Italians. Sorry for that!

Not sure where you saw Italians like that.
I was in Italy multiple of times, they don't look like arabs/semites at all.
At least not the ones living close to Rome or from the south of Italy.

Nice video tho.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Ancient Sicilians may have been the ancestors of the Philistines/Palestinians, so there might be some genetic overlap there.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

View attachment 51131

What is happening?

lucanis.jpg

Semiurge

Cipher

View attachment 51131

What is happening?

lucanis.jpg

Still whiter than the nelf warden.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I find it interesting that the only elf companions on this game are black and asian. I guess the opressed and enslaved race couldn't be white anymore.
Elves are an inherent symbol of whiteness. A mythical race dreamt of by white people. An idealized European.

Just as every redheaded character must be replaced with an African in a crimson wig, you cannot eliminate the spirit of whiteness from media so long as the idea of elves remains intact.

When Lenin and co took over Russia and formed the Soviet Union, one of the first things they did was to destroy all of the tsarist monuments of the past so that no one would remember the dignity of what came before. In their place:

Mother-Ukraine-statue.jpeg

This ugly shit.

So too must the Left destroy what came before, or everyone will remember the old and say it was better.
Fixed that for you kike :lol:

Now: back to the ashtray

Froila

Educated
A large body of resarch proves diverse teams outperform homogenous teams

Just like in NASA.
May that large body means diversity in skill sets or in something else that directly affects performance?

For a healthy mind, concepts reflect things, and abstractions capture phenomena that go beyond the boundaries of the concrete.

For the ideological mind, concepts reflect ideological reality, which changes on political grounds.

Normally "diverse" means the same as "heterogeneous". This concept in itself does not tell us about the origin, about heterogeneous scale, about the hierarchy, etc.

For the Marxist ideology, every concept has its twin, but one is good and the other is bad. In this case, "diverse" is non-white-non-male, and on the other side is white supremacy and patriarchy. Asking obvious questions like "is there something in between?" or suggestions that the world is a little more complex means you're on the wrong side.

I always was amused how Hegelian dualismus - simplified and politicized by the marxists in the previous era - now is applied to sexual and ethnic differences, and I suspect that politicization is the only important part of this approach.
If this were not so, then modern multi-gender mumbo-jumbo would be based on something more reliable, like Ulrichs's concept of sexuality, and racial one would not represent a disgusting clown show remake of marxist class theory where capitalists oppressors just changed with "whites" and featureless oppressed masses - with "colored" (also featureless).

Semiurge

Cipher

Sony censored that with a patch, and not even well. Completely half-assed, no pun, because the changes to the outfits were completely random and very minor.

It reminds me of the Tomb Raider 1-3 remasters scandal where a patch made a couple of pinup posters disappear. The remasters also got a PS release, and the devs implied that the disappearance was no accident.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Dragon Age then: Embark on a classic journey to save the world from evil.

Dragon Age now:

1718584203231.png

Apparently she's one of the writers that BioWare fired last year.

There was supposed to be some sort of boycott over the firings but EA shills said it wasn't very "fanlike" and the fandom agreed to give the friendly megacorp more money.

It's facepalms all the way down.

:deathclaw:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom