Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

SmoothPimp

Augur
Why they do it, knowing what a shit deal it is for them.
Given that she didn't get any promotion in Bioware in 17 years and didn't leave for a higher position in another company, she's just not a career fighter. Maybe that's the reason she was fired despite a) being a woman b) being veteran worker c) she created Varric

SmoothPimp

Augur
There are lots of Italians.

From Germanic ancestors invading Roman Empire in Late Antiquity to ancestors been recruited in North Africa to fight those pale-skinned Barbarians.

Screenshot-2024-01-22-alle-20.59.39.png

1683804297771_cdda595a-8d16-4b06-b0c7-936e6561a887.jpg

1351.jpg

171384.jpg

a) being a woman b) being veteran worker c) she created Varric
And woke too. Hmm.. there is almost this idea that bugging me that Corporation is only pandering to the Left for their money, not actually caring for them or controlled by them. Ah, who am I kidding, it must be them BlackCock, I mean Black Rock, DEI, ESG, DBD, DBZ from god damn NATO European Latinx troon joos who would've done this.

And my favorite propagand- Content Creator also affirm my believe so it must be true.

You're right
Which is why it's funny to me that many in this thread and others seem to think that "Nu-BioWare" =/= "Old BioWare".

I urge people to play whatever BioWare game they think is "Good", not just consooming out of context screenshots. They didn't change. You did.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
TBH, I appreciate making the pride daemon less humanoid.

What I find hillarious is fighting one at level 1.
It looks very similar to what it looked like in DAI. Reused assets.

Also, five minutes after starting a game in DAI and still on level 1 you fight a pride demon and win.

Stupid really, though the half-baked idea was that you were holding an accidental superpower that gave you the advantage over even a pride demon. Here, it doesn't seem they even bothered with a fig leaf.

DA Deadname: Button > Awesome!

Falksi

Arcane
She wrote the "Dragon Age then", too.
You're right, she's one of the main writers of the entire series. She's been at BioWare for 17 years before the mass layoff.

Sometimes I wonder about writers in the games industry. Why they do it, knowing what a shit deal it is for them.

-does a salary search-

View attachment 51183

Hmmmm. Seems to be below industry average, but that'll have to depend on experience.
Apparently she's one of the writers that BioWare fired last year.
Quite funny - she's a veteran writer of Bioware. She worked there since 2006, her LinkedIn bio says she was a writer for DAO. When she was fired, she posted "Experienced writer looking for a job" and Gaider answered, that she created Varric.
Ah you ninja'ed me.
Holy shit, no wonder their stuff is of such low quality. I'm assuming that's Canadian dollars too?

Fucking lorry drivers in the UK get paid more than a Bioware Writer pushing a top wage there. It's literally monkey wages.

Naraya

Arcane
Well. If you're an average book author you won't get a mansion either, so I guess that's expected? Only top (most popular/liked) people earn a lot.

Reinhardt

Arcane
You guys (probably) haven't noticed, but apparently the biggest-thirst trap so far is the old white dude, to the point where he's raking in the fanart/rule 34 and is even... Kotaku's official husbando?

View attachment 51131

What is happening?

:shredder:
People would rather fuck the old decrepit white man instead of the diverse characters

What about Lucanis? He's white, but also bland. Looks like Blackwall's skinnier brother.

lucanis.jpg

How is this white? He looks like an arab to me
person who kill dress wearers can't be that bad

Baron Tahn

Scholar
A writer can be woke as they want, one of the things that demonstrates their writing quality is that they don't have to always write from that perspective. They aren't even supposed to, indeed, we used to call that 'self-indulgent' and it was a no no, but fuck knows nowadays it's basically all self inserts and personal agendas.

Lodis

Educated
You guys (probably) haven't noticed, but apparently the biggest-thirst trap so far is the old white dude, to the point where he's raking in the fanart/rule 34 and is even... Kotaku's official husbando?

View attachment 51131

What is happening?

:shredder:
People would rather fuck the old decrepit white man instead of the diverse characters

What about Lucanis? He's white, but also bland. Looks like Blackwall's skinnier brother.

lucanis.jpg

How is this white? He looks like an arab to me

He looks more spanish/italian than arab(don't fucking tell me there's no difference)

His surname is also Dellamorte apparently (which is italian sounding, although in italian it would be Della Morte)
Josephine surname in Inquisiton is Montilyet. Purest white European stock:

images
I forgot how fucking greasy everyone looked in Inquisition.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Dragon Age then: Embark on a classic journey to save the world from evil.

Dragon Age now:

View attachment 51168

Apparently she's one of the writers that BioWare fired last year.

There was supposed to be some sort of boycott over the firings but EA shills said it wasn't very "fanlike" and the fandom agreed to give the friendly megacorp more money.

It's facepalms all the way down.

:deathclaw:

What means "bisexual disaster of a human"?

He is a human disaster?

Disaster is a human?

Disaster is a bisexual?

Disaster is a bisexual human?

Zlaja

Arcane
there is almost this idea that bugging me that Corporation is only pandering to the Left for their money, not actually caring for them or controlled by them

Corporations are indeed pandering for financial reasons, but you're wrong when you assume that they're strictly acting on their own. After all, if it was all about maximizing the profit margins for their products they wouldn't be acting the way they do. They're being coerced into acting in a certain way to get a positive social credit score by powerful and mega-wealthy investment institutions. And those institutions themselves have been coerced by politicians in Washington (in coordination with some of their biggest donors), often using American pension funds as leverage, to instigate a method for forcing corporations to act in a certain way to attract investments. And this is how social credit scores, like ESG, came to be.

As of the first quarter of 2024 (March 31st), aggregate public pension assets were $6.09 trillion, an increase of 3.0 percent from the $5.91 trillion reported for the prior quarter. This value is higher than the same quarter one year ago by some $509 billion, or 9.1 percent

BlackRock manages $8.5 trillion in assets which are owned by its clients. Those clients are insurance companies, mutual funds, pension funds, etc

BlackRock is proud to serve pension funds providing for nurses, teachers, firefighters, law enforcement, and other workers in public and private sectors

You can, of course, continue to believe that corporations would gladly be "woke", and practically all of them in unison, even when it's not economically favorable to them from a profit perspective, and/or that politicians in Washington would never/could never steer the mechanisms on the financial market.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
This part, I am sure, will be implemented well.
The Shadow Dragons is a resistance group opposing corrupt rulers and slavery in Tevinter. Their mission is to help those in need and bring justice to the people
This sounds like US state department propaganda, e.g. "the Mujahedeen* is a resistance group opposing the corrupt rulers and communism* in Afghanistan*. Their mission is to help those in need and bring justice to the people".

*insert relevant faction, ideology and country as needed

AfterVirtue

Literate
This part, I am sure, will be implemented well.
The Shadow Dragons is a resistance group opposing corrupt rulers and slavery in Tevinter. Their mission is to help those in need and bring justice to the people
This sounds like US state department propaganda, e.g. "the Mujahedeen* is a resistance group opposing the corrupt rulers and communism* in Afghanistan*. Their mission is to help those in need and bring justice to the people".

*insert relevant faction, ideology and country as needed

Up to the point of inverting the enemy "ally to democracy/tyrant of a rogue state" when needed.

Pride Demons

20240601T051459-cover-1717218899233.jpg

20240604T090642-cover-1717492001904.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Which is why it's funny to me that many in this thread and others seem to think that "Nu-BioWare" =/= "Old BioWare".

I urge people to play whatever BioWare game they think is "Good", not just consooming out of context screenshots. They didn't change. You did.

No, BioWare changed. It's like a goddamn sitcom character.

Here, I pulled the perfect graphic to describe BioWare over the years.

1718639943151.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom