Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

v1c70r14

Educated
How should we evaluate this? Well, for Russell and the Vienna Circle, Kant is responsible for creating idealism with all its retardness. For orthodox Kantians, it was possible to continue the master's thoughts without distortions.
Ah, but Fichte merely put into practice what Kant kept hidden out of fear for persecution, that Fichte did experience, being accused of atheism and all. In the same way you could say that David Gaider kept not just his progressive values hidden but the romance and dating sim aspects too. After he left EA and was left to his own devices he made a very gay musical visual novel, which is not so different in general direction from the turn towards the diverse sitcom version of Dragon Age that Bioware turned the series into. He's certainly not a grimdark fantasy writer. Orthodox Kantianism laid bare is Fichte, and orthodox Bioware uncovered is Veilguard, tout simplement.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
PLEASE stop with the homophobia, we have several lgb and especially t users here at the rpgcodex and I'd appreciate it if we could keep from triggering them. I will be forced to report posts to the proper authorities if I see any more blatant homophobic remarks.

Anyways, I can't wait to listen to 100 hours of voiced dialogue written in the style of a modern Global TV drama that you often see elderly people with dementia sitting in front of. That's my favourite thing about modern rpgs and this one is sure to deliver.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Curious about the name change. Dreadwolf actually sounds cool and menacing, something crunchy and marketable. Veilguard seems more like a name for some xyz-faction in a Tolkein footnote.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Curious about the name change. Dreadwolf actually sounds cool and menacing, something crunchy and marketable. Veilguard seems more like a name for some xyz-faction in a Tolkein footnote.
If this were really the case, it would be better. At this point we have something that sounds (and looks) like a mobile game.

Modron

Arcane
They've come right out and said they were afraid of all the DAD jokes so they named it DAVE instead.

Old Hans

Arcane
this is total insanity. Tolkien would never name a faction with such a dumb name.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
this is total insanity. Tolkien would never name a faction with such a dumb name.
Well, if he had to, it would still sound way cooler, like "Guard of the Veil" but in Quenya, which according to the internet would be Tíre- -o i fána.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, if he had to, it would still sound way cooler, like "Guard of the Veil" but in Quenya, which according to the internet would be Tíre- -o i fána.

Sounds like a dessert. Like a light cake with creme and fruit.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
They've come right out and said they were afraid of all the DAD jokes so they named it DAVE instead.

This is such a distillation of the true essence of modern gay-me development. Their priorities could not be more clear at this point---
"Guys! Guys! We can't use Dreadwolf because the cringe millennial reddit humor audience will call it, wait for it... DAD!"

'Sir, aren't they like a fraction of our audience? Aren't you more worried about isolating the vast majority of gay-mers by the egregious in your face inclusiveness. Surely completely eliminating white men (our core demographic) and massive promotion of trannies & faggots and making every companion a wiling anal cum dumpster whore who wants sexy time with you will isolate a far larger percentage?"

"Fire this man immediately, out of my office bigot!"

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Semiurge

Cipher
:prosper: :prosper: :prosper: :prosper: :prosper:
fs66MBa.png

:prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper:

Their first black elf, and they use for him the elven slave marks :lol:

That particular tattoo pattern is a slave mark? I thought only the dalish free elves had those tattoos.

I don't get what's so terrible about the DAD acronym. Are they afraid of even the slightest opportunity for mockery because their fanbase is using the word 'daddy' as a term for all kinds of non-twink males that offer eyecandy in media, or is there some other meaning to it that I'm missing?

It's too late for Bioware to worry about being taken seriously, so they might as well embrace the cheese.

slightest opportunity
According to Mark Darrah (reading between the lines) it's possibly because the Dreadwolf is not actually the main villain. It would be weird that the game named "Dreadwolf" have the Dreadwolf be minor character.

Being called DADdy isn't a concern. It's clear their main target audience isn't people who graduated from 4chan and RPG Chudex University.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
That particular tattoo pattern is a slave mark? I thought only the dalish free elves had those tattoos.

Inquisition liked to "subvert expectations", so now that elven tatoo pattern is what the evanuris used to mark their elven slaves. Then the Dreadwolf started to free some slaves and made war with the ancient gods, destroying the elven civilization in the process. I guess the free elves started to mingle with the human society and became the getto elves, and the slaves became dalish, but AFAIK it wasn't outirght confirmed.

It is revealed in the last scene of Solas romance

Don't fucking ask me how I know

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom