Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
We agree with each other because we're bad people.
Not necessarily "bad".

"You hate nu-bioware? oh! me too!" *kiss each other*

"you hate joos troon and fagget? oh! me too!" *suck each other cock*

Something like this.

That being said.

The Asian Elf looks fine. But I'm digging Harding new design.

ps. I shall inform my colleague at freddit and receba forum like markwind person implied.
Stop it, Liberal.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I like how some people (justifiably) piss on the whole franchise in every DA thread, but at the same time are autistically discussing consistency of some obscure ingame lore shit - blood mages, Orlais, NPCs, whatever the fuck is in the series lol

:shredder:
du6MRvi.png

Piotrovitz

Savant
some obscure ingame lore shit - blood mages, Orlais, NPCs
View attachment 51453
To be fair none of that is obscure, this is main quests lore.
Obscure or not, it's still lore from shitty franchise that everyone here ostentatiously hates/make fun of.

I finished only DA:O not that long ago and the only thing I can remember re lore is blood mages are sort of persecuted renegades and fade is some kind of astral realm. People here are discussing some geopolitical shit, antagonists motivations etc, which is crazy for a game that is supposedly so hated.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Origins is not even close to been "hated/made fun of ostentatiously by everyone". Most people at the time of release were disappointed by the downgrade of the mechanics, the shoulder camera or the RTwP and that Bioware were still shit at writing compared to MCA or Troika. The game is actually way better received nowadays with the absolute trash that was produced since then, but Origins was never universally hated here.

Camel

Scholar
I like how some people (justifiably) piss on the whole franchise in every DA thread, but at the same time are autistically discussing consistency of some obscure ingame lore shit - blood mages, Orlais, NPCs, whatever the fuck is in the series lol

Guilty as charged.
Origins is not even close to been "hated/made fun of ostentatiously by everyone".
The 2009 Codex GOTY.

Whose alt are you?
Bobby Kotick, according to somebody here which I don't care to remember, or Infinitron according to other which I also do not care to remember. Whichever suits your fancy.

I do not care nor need to create an "alt" account like some autistic tumblr graduate on instagram on RPG chudex (reputable shithole) of all places lmao.
You sound like a fruit.

Cool story tho.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Guilty as charged.
Origins is not even close to been "hated/made fun of ostentatiously by everyone".
The 2009 Codex GOTY.

It was a decent game for the time, definitely the last gasp of the "old" BioWare (which, to be sure, was still liberal, but at least had a sense of what makes for fun in gameplay, and used to have no problem throwing difficulty spikes at the player with gay abandon).

Playing it again over the past few days, the illusion isn't nearly as powerful as it was on release because of the old graphics, but it's still not terrible to play and some of the story beats are dark or engaging or both. The events as depicted are pretty brutal indeed.

A replay does highlight the problem with intensely story-based games though: they're only really good the first couple of plays, when they're still a bit mysterious. Once you know all the bits and there's no longer any mystery or anticipation, all that side of the game is lost and the weight then goes on the systems, which highlights their faults.

In retrospect, the middle period BioWare games (the SW games, JE, ME1, DA:O) were exciting more for the promise they held out for the future - a promise that was never really fulfilled (that RPGs would get better technically and more and more fleshed out and fully realized). They were exciting because we were all projecting glorious future possibilities onto them.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
It was a decent game for the time
No.

I was promised to be able to enslave nations using powerful necromancy. They have failed to deliver, and I shall forever disdain them.

Not to mention their unabashed plagiarism of Warhammer Fantasy regarding daemons and magic, the Derp Roads, level scaled encounters AND poor enemy variety.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
In retrospect, the middle period BioWare games (the SW games, JE, ME1, DA:O) were exciting more for the promise they held out for the future - a promise that was never really fulfilled (that RPGs would get better technically and more and more fleshed out and fully realized). They were exciting because we were all projecting glorious future possibilities onto them.

Devs in the 90s: We got 10 dudes and the budget of a lemonade stand. We'll personally build the technology that powers this game and create an entire genre.

Devs now: We only have a tiny budget of 300 million, a small workforce of 5000 and a megacorp in our back pocket. Best we can do is push out some shovelware on Unity. It'll also be completely unplayable for the first year after release.

1718986856784.png

Devs back in the day were built different.

Modron

Arcane
Scroll back a few pages to see a number of them talking about their days on the BSN.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Scroll back a few pages to see a number of them talking about their days on the BSN.
That explains a lot.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

100% made of soy,

rainbow dildos

worst stereotypes

wokey cult members

Just like a parrot. Hit all the talking points. Like a morrowind NPC trying to give you a quest.

Saint Proverballs and his freunde trying to "frame" that RPG chudex is where people "discuss" RPG. Literally 1 person disagrees among the circle jerks and this retard is having a cognitive dissonance so hard that he created a headcanon about me.

That being said,

We are past "Asian Elf" discussion when nobody cares about Black Elf in Dragon Age Origins, chud.

If a statement is true, who is crazy - the one who says it or the one who denies it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom