Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Aphex81

Scholar
Looks like you have to be repulsive to get a job at BioWare. On that note there is no doubt in my mind that the characters will be made to not offend any of these aesthetically challanged goblins. Sera will look hot in comparison.

Semiurge

Cipher
There's one Desire Demon in Inquisition but it uses the Fear, Rage, and Pride demon models beacuse Bioware is now embarrassed over those character designs.

They still existed in DA2 though, Xebenkeck was quite a fight.

Making a desire demon look like a common succubus is pretty lazy.

They look like future school shooters.

The duo Eric & Dylan looked like Chads.

Last edited:

9ted6

Educated
Meet the developers:

Which begs the question: Is there normal looking individuals in Canada?

Did they get rid of that one crazy? The 5 o'clock shadowed trans"woman" who said that Dragon Age is a political game all about gay people.

edit
SJW-twitter-%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%82-Dragon-Age-7433114.jpeg

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane
Core DNA of Dragon age is to ride the bull or let him rides you, in other words living the californian dream.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Behold, Mark Darrah the "savior" of Dreadwolf saying that tactics and party composition isn't part of the core DNA of Dragon Age.

dLunDSS.png
No guys this is gonna be great. Why are you so negative? BioWare are awesome! Pre-order now!

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The reception to those comments wasnt good, a lot of the comments are agaisnt reducing the number of party members.

Bioware keeps chasing trends, this time souls like games, and alienating the few fans they have each time.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The reception to those comments wasnt good, a lot of the comments are agaisnt reducing the number of party members.

Bioware keeps chasing trends, this time souls like games, and alienating the few fans they have each time.
Yeah, Bioware keeps being pozzed and more concerned about trannies and faggots in their Dragon Age setting than actually creating quality RPGs.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Reducing the active party number will bother the storyfag fans too because it means less time spent with their digital friends. These design decisions are truly baffling, but I guess that's not a surprise when it comes to post-2000s Bioware.

Aarwolf

Learned
It's the same that happened to Final Fantasy XVI, no surprises here. I don't care about either anymore, but it's still sad to see it going that way.

Sarathiour

Cipher
It's not even that grimdark or evil of a thing, more of a very pragmatic but voluntary choice. Like the Tranquils you meet say they feel like it gives them peace and it makes them practically invisible to demons, like the one in the Circle Tower who's been hanging around the upper floors where everybody else has been massacred, but he's fine.
I'm not talking about the inner logic and justification in the lore, I'm talking about it as concept storywise. I'm suspecting the way the process is having a bunch of concept that you found cool or intereesting, and then try to tie them neatly together, ie the lore.

Ryzer

Arcane
I think that Canadian Cities turned to a point of no-turning back. It's over, sealed, done. Nothing good will ever come out of Canada, ever. Seems like they destroyed the Canadian people so hard, it's indescribable.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"Bioware" no longer exists.

Nobody who worked on the BGs is at the company anymore.
Nobody who worked on NWN, KotoR, Jade Empire, the original DA and ME games, is at the company anymore.

This is an empty shell bearing the skin of a company that used to make decent games. The people who made those decent games are gone, replaced by new kids who wouldn't be able to tell you what makes a good RPG if you forced them to at gunpoint.

Bioware is dead, and it's time people realized it. They'll never return to their old form, as the people who made those old games possible don't work there anymore.
Companies don't make games, the people who work at companies do.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Why is this game even a thread in here, anyway? The only one that didn't suck bull was the first one, and it was released when, 15 years ago?

Gargaune

Arcane

Nobody who worked on NWN, KotoR, Jade Empire, the original DA and ME games, is at the company anymore.

This is an empty shell bearing the skin of a company that used to make decent games.
Quoted for posterity, JarlFrank admits he considers NWN a decent game.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This is an empty shell bearing the skin of a company that used to make decent games.
Quoted for posterity, JarlFrank admits he considers NWN a decent game.
I don't, I just had to include it in the list for timeline reasons :M

It's shit but for different reasons than modern Bioware games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom