Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The last thing this game needs is to get twitter canceled by their target audience for using AI.

My god, the hilarity if that ensues.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This trailer gave me hope that finally we will see Bioware getting the bullet.

Ive been waiting for so long for this meme to become reality.
image_2024-06-09_212948949.png

Wasteland

Educated
At first I misread "Davrin" as "Darwin," which I assumed to be a clever tongue-in-cheek reference to the evolutionary rollercoaster necessary to produce a gay African elf who is also hyper-competent. Sadly, even that hilarious bright spot turned out to be a mirage. The trailer is irredeemable.

I disagree with those who compare it to Marvel. Yes, Marvel popularized the quippy-glib-ironic-Millennial-snark style on display here, but this trailer is so much worse. I think it's the cringiest trailer I've ever seen. Dreadwolf Deadname FailHard Failguard ... uh, Veilguard is now easily my most anticipated game of the year, perhaps of the decade. It will be the motherlode of schadenfreude. Nothing else comes close to the promise of this trainwreck.

This series completely abandoned its roots.

This is a DA:O trailer:

This is the top youtube comment on the DAO trailer:
Without knowing about what the calling is and what it means to a grey warden, you see the sheer numbers of those monsters and you think “there’s no way he’ll beat all of them, that’s ridiculous” but then you learn what the calling is and you realize he’s not there to beat them, he’s just there to kill as many as he can until he dies. It’s very sad, but more than a little badass.
I hadn't thought about DAO in a long time, but the commenter is right. The trailer references the honorable suicide of Wardens who've been driven insane by their own magic, a condition for which the game itself offers no pat solution, no last minute cures, no happy endings. It's difficult to fathom the difference between the culture (both broadly and at Bioware) that would proffer such an emotionally complex story beat as marketing, and whatever the fuck we have today.

9ted6

Educated

rubinstein

Educated
at least now we have dark elves
*squeak*
-hey, i think your armor requires oiling.
-what do you mean?
-when you are moving, your armor squeaks...
-huh? what are you talking about, it is not squeaking now!
-ok, lets just carry on, we are almost out of this dungeon.
*squeak*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom