Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Reinhardt

Arcane
again, for suicide mission to work you should first care about characters dying. last time i cared about pipo in my party dying in a crpg was... fortress of regrets, i think?
famous rapist avellone is probably the only person in western vidya who can pull it. even his joke gobbo in kangmaker was head above everyone else. that scene when he builds gobbo totem for you and gets rejected...

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
again, for suicide mission to work you should first care about characters dying.
Lol, wat? You assume people didn't do it wrong on purpose to kill characters they didn't like.

And I thought Tali and Zaheed were ok. Grunt too. And edgy Garrus.

But yeah, Jacob is getting sent to his death every time. He volunteered after all. :M

2009:

d9KxDiX.png

2024:

Dragon-Age-The-Veilguard-Bellara.jpg

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
The idea of a group of special people being held in bondage, even in fiction--and everyone being pretty okay with it--was unbearable.

It's re-heated X-men, a story centred around people with power being oppressed by people without power.

I would never blame anyone for borrowing ideas. I wouldn't even blame them for not putting a spin on what they borrow. But to borrow an idea this fucking dumb and somehow make it even more retarded is an unforgivable sin.

SmoothPimp

Augur
So, which beloved series' reboot from EA and/or Activision you want most?

Activision: Arcanum, Krondor, Wizards & Warriors, Quest series, Caesar?

EA: Ultima, Lands of Lore, Dungeon Keeper, Kyrandia, Nox, Bioforge?

SmoothPimp

Augur
So, which beloved series' reboot from EA and/or Activision you want most?

Activision: Arcanum, Krondor, Wizards & Warriors, Quest series, Caesar?

EA: Ultima, Lands of Lore, Dungeon Keeper, Kyrandia, Nox, Bioforge?
Arcanum II: Diesel & Dreadnoughts :M
Diverse steampunk victorian setting - I like it! Synergy of technology and magic, colourful costumes and intricate clockwork gadgets, diverse adventurers of exotic fascinating cultures from all the world, political conspiracies and of course complex dynamics of love sex, hate sex, friendship sex and treachery sex player would encounter throughout the game!

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
PC Gamer :
Dragon Age: The Veilguard's gameplay reveal emphasises just how terminally out of touch EA and BioWare have become

FSsC9suUcAETo89.jpg
Game journos have to put out articles like this every once in a while to prove they have some credibility.
PC Gamer already put out 2 articles about Dragon Age 4. One said its basically the end of Dragon Age, and turned it into Mass Effect with swords. The other saying Baldur's Gate 3 is the real Dragon Age sequel.
Its not "every once in a while", its the mainstream opinion.

Shitposter
It's not mainstream, but I do think it's representative of what 40% of the fanbase opinion of the game. (fanbase: non-chud, non-terminally online, relatively casual homo ludens)

PC Gamer :
Dragon Age: The Veilguard's gameplay reveal emphasises just how terminally out of touch EA and BioWare have become

FSsC9suUcAETo89.jpg
The "I love Black Cock" Jester the second Gaming Journo giving him Bias Affirmation article (it's hitting his male g-spot).

Modron

Arcane
Can't wait for the Larian fans and redditors to start complaining about the sex acts not being degenerate enough.

The Jester

Cipher
It's not mainstream, but I do think it's representative of what 40% of the fanbase opinion of the game. (fanbase: non-chud, non-terminally online, relatively casual homo ludens)

PC Gamer :

FSsC9suUcAETo89.jpg
The "I love Black Cock" Jester the second Gaming Journo giving him Bias Affirmation article (it's hitting his male g-spot).
Don't @ me you foul vermin.

jf8350143

Liturgist
It's just the new trend to suck Larian's dick while shit on Bioware.

Bioware deserve it though. But it's pretty funny to see people praise BG 3's playersexual route while shit on DA 4's "everyone's pansexual" when they are exactly the same thing.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
All romance-able companions were playersexual in DA2 already, neither BG3 nor Failguard invented this.
I don't get the appeal of this. In Cyberpunk 2077 romanceable characters had preferences, just like the player. It made these characters more unique and... actually diverse unlike a literal legion of pansexual clones with different skins.
It's more a matter of resources I think. Cyberpunk had only 1 romancible companion for normal male protagonists, which is the only metric that matters, the gypsie hobo Panam.
Which means there was zero choice of romance, which passes for Cyberpunk because it's not an rpg, but otherwise is a limitation.
Of course, when every single one of your companions is an ugly freak, it doesn't help much.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
The thing that confuses me is that everyone is a sex hungry freak so they spend retarded amounts of time and energy making everyone romancable at the cost of actual game, then because of modern agenda requirements they make everyone hideous or queer. Some real mixed messages there that makes it seem like there is no direction or even interest in their own story.
I'm not sure that romance has anything to do with sex in this one. Just look at this freakshow, out of 4 "females":
- the middle-aged dwarf
- the tranny
- the weird indian cripple
- the annoying asexual asian
How many people find any of these sexually attractive, I wonder?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom