Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Semiurge

Cipher
Shouldn't there be some kind of magical way to gender swap also?

Clearly all that matters to the devs is putting their agenda into the game versus making any sort of decent fantasy setting
You'd think troons want to play the opposite sex in the game. Most troons are men so they want to play a (biological) woman.

Troon is an identity and a lifestyle, not some temporary phase during transitioning that leads to passing. No, troons wear this identity as a badge of their imagined moral superiority that gives them power through political organisations, so passing is out of the question and so is playing as a female character. The troon is closer to the traditional transvestite that broadcasts loud and clear that he's a man in woman's clothes, like the character Frank 'N Furter. Only the troon doesn't even try to pull this off well. Troon does not mean the same as transsexual, those whose dream and sometimes a lifelong goal is passing. A troon is a chud gone insane and drunk from the power afforded by the new ideology he's found online.

In a society hell-bent on protecting the weak and the damaged, their kind need only scream the loudest and someone with power (and weak knees) will heed. Typically these parties collaborate because they also have something to gain from it, either because uniting with another "victimised" group increases their victimhood-sourced power, or because they just want to virtue signal and gain social credit which is its own way to money and power.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wolfheart (PC rpg focus reviewer) didn't like it, says it looks plastic and cheap.

I really, really, like that Character creator. Lots of sliders. Lots of ways to sculpt your character. Would love to spend hours sculpting my waifu. It's just a shame it's packaged to this game. Also that's weird how gender has no affect on the character's body.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered he had his name changed to Trick Weekes.
Trick as in someone's bitch? I don't understand what other meaning Trick could mean here.

Rieser

Scholar
The character creator itself is pretty neat. But it doesn't really matter when the art style is whack and it's all built into an SJW package anyway. Unfortunate.

Anyway, that aside my biggest gripe with the game from what I've seen is that the companions aren't really participating in the fights. I mean, they have the abilities and all like you do but A) their basics do next to no damage and B) they don't even have health bars - they are unkillable. It's basically like they're cards in a card game with visual representation on screen.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
They have a vitiligo slider :-D
t2dvgyl.jpeg
When you haven't eaten a cat in two weeks.

Vyvian

Educated
Starting to see why people were pre-emptively saying we shouldn't compare this "unfairly" to BG3.
You can't be evil, you can't even really be just an asshole.
Every backstory is some heroic donut steel fan fiction tier shit where Rook is the best and saves everyone.
Breast and butt sliders do nothing but you can have fucking top surgery scars for some reason. I guess Thedas has a booming modern day cosmetic surgery scene going on.

Say what you want about BG3 but it wasn't safe and sterile. Oh and HP and Mana potions litter battlefields like it's a fucking FPS game apparently.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Anyway, where are nudity?
I don't think I want to see any of those abominations nude. But that's just me.

Needs to be a euro game for that.

And it's for the best anyway unless you want to see naked vitiligo zebra tranny or something

They promised nudity and I'm intrested how silly this could go :D

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Also I'm weirded out that there's a setting to cut off the woman's breast, like, that's fucked man. I don't understand how shit like this is being celebrated and pushed by the main stream. Who the fuck wants to cut off their god given private parts.

aweigh

Arcane
t2dvgyl.jpeg
My great-aunt has vitiglio. I feel offended on her behalf. It is not some banner to wave around in the culture war.

Isn't it strange that only models show off their vitiligo? And only during the photo session?

This is because this disease means that you will never function normally in space, and a sunny day can cripple you. Because it's something terribly shitty that no one wants, especially in fantasy games that are for fun. Nobody wants to see their disability on screen. They want pretty characters.

So it's not a question of "representation". These sliders are banners of people who fantasize about being rebels. But they care about fighting for the slider, not actually playing that way.
Also it's because vitiglio is easy to implement, just warp and noise filters on textures.

much harder to implement complex things like a wheelchair.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
t2dvgyl.jpeg
My great-aunt has vitiglio. I feel offended on her behalf. It is not some banner to wave around in the culture war.

Isn't it strange that only models show off their vitiligo? And only during the photo session?

This is because this disease means that you will never function normally in space, and a sunny day can cripple you. Because it's something terribly shitty that no one wants, especially in fantasy games that are for fun. Nobody wants to see their disability on screen. They want pretty characters.

So it's not a question of "representation". These sliders are banners of people who fantasize about being rebels. But they care about fighting for the slider, not actually playing that way.
Also it's because vitiglio is easy to implement, just warp and noise filters on textures.

much harder to implement complex things like a wheelchair.

Good observation. This particular disease can be aestheticized and fetishized in a way that cannot necessarily be done with skin cancer or even a wheelchair.

Thalstarion

Novice
It's a humiliation ritual. They know this stuff isn't popular though they can't help but force their weird fetishes and psychotic thinking into absolutely everything.

The vast majority of people want to look at characters who are as attractive as, say, Henry Cavill or Rachel Weisz in their prime. They're not interested in looking at the disgusting freaks that the terminally online create and promote.

I was already avoiding the game though I have a special kind of loathing for any game that promotes mutilation/top surgery scars or the flooding of European inspired settings with forced diversity.

They ruin every game they touch. Any grit or nuance is removed or eroded. Characters can no longer disagree strongly with each other or react naturally to messed up situations. There's no real stakes or sense of danger. Say what you will about Dragon Age: Origins but some of the potential outcomes and unavoidable outcomes were pretty brutal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom