Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Old Hans

Arcane
Since this is funny to me, I have to mention it here. Does anyone remember that failed abortion of a game that was Hunt the Freeman? That one Half Life game. Well, apparently, one of the people who worked on that game is responsible for the animation work on this game, see:

His artstation with his contributions to Hunt the Freeman:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/ZG4b38

Also check out this "totally not ripped from Sims" animation work:

that looks very much like the usual shitty frostbite engine animation

Are you guys ready for the new shit?

Reminds me I watched a little of some modern BioWare fanboy’s video on YouTube complaining about some Asmongold video on this game, in the video, Asmongold unfavorably compares some combat animation in this to a combat animation in Space Marines 2. The BioWare fanboy either deliberate misinterprets, or is so stupid he can’t understand what’s being talked about, (which isn’t out of the question with a modern BioWare fanboy) and acts like the comparison being made isn’t about the animations and is instead about how violent Space Marine 2 is in comparison to the largely bloodless The Veilguard and goes off on a little tangent about how Warhammer is edge and violent and that’s just not something that Dragon Age as a series is trying to do. But anyone that remembers those first two Dragon Age games (at the moment two thirds of the Dragon Age video game series) fucking knows they were bloody and (what is only used in a dismissive way today) “edgy.”

I mean Dragon Age used to be a series where when combat encounters ended your party was covered head to toe in blood. The trailers for the first two games also had some kind of blood motif to them, blood splashing on screen with words written it it, the dragon logo of the series being made of blood. A Dragon Age action game being as violent as Space Marine 2 and Ninja Gaiden 2 would be more in keeping with the aesthetic of the series (at least as far as violence goes) than this game is...and yet modern BioWare fanboys jerking off to this game will say the series didn’t do that kind of stuff. It’s fucking bizarre. You don’t even need to have played the first Dragon Age to know this either, you can see it just by watching that trailer for the first game.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I just cant unsee the big heads

4f6h2ejw43qd1.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom