Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Good entertainment doesn't need to cater to a specific age group.

Supermedo

Augur
Honestly I'm going to play this game eventually even though I lost all faith in Bioware, it's just dragon age origin have a special place in my heart, I played the game for hundreds of hours during my time in University, it made me fall in love with cRPG and RTWP combat, it made look into other games with similar gameplay, so I played NWN2 then infinity engine games (BG/IWD) so I gotta see it how it ends, even if it was a trainwreck and no longer have RTWP combat.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
GX3pyvkWMAAjEU_

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Is this the default face?

1728321491903.png

It looks like some artist's visual representation of what working in a modern game company feels like.

SEND HELP PLS.

1728321580184.png

Lodis

Educated
Fantasy in general has been completely overrun by ugly women, trannies and faggots. When these retards claim that an older work is problematic because it’s too “heterosexual” you just have to accept that we live in an absolute clown world.

This is what happens when you don’t gatekeep hard enough.

Caim

Arcane

AfterVirtue

Educated
Honestly I'm going to play this game eventually even though I lost all faith in Bioware, it's just dragon age origin have a special place in my heart, I played the game for hundreds of hours during my time in University, it made me fall in love with cRPG and RTWP combat, it made look into other games with similar gameplay, so I played NWN2 then infinity engine games (BG/IWD) so I gotta see it how it ends, even if it was a trainwreck and no longer have RTWP combat.

Since today is my free day i will attempt my finest hobby, the useless attempt to communicate with a fellow human. You are human, right? Anyway, i will not excuse my repeating myself, since it is what most people do all the time.

This shit has nothing to do with Dragon Age: Origin. The thing that worked in it was the atmosphere, the illusion of some complexity. The mix of The Maker, the archdaemons, the politics, etc. in their working together and, i repeat and, in their contradictions - the characters but only connected to this. The gameplay, nothing stellar. The period. Finally, that for all its flaws, it scratched an itch, for the feeling of the game as a whole not for the gameplay that was quite popamole, as they say here, but serviceable enough.

This thing does nothing of this. Nor DA2 and whatever was called the other. So: nostalgia? Try to find something that scratch the same itch and let go of the label. Or, try to let go of melancholy and try to go ahed. Or masturbate, that works too.

Last edited:

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Witcher 1 only had full female nudifty, and so did Witcher 2 and 3. Male nudity is a greater taboo and always results in a greater backlash if implemented, so it took until Cyberpunk for them to add it. That still couldn't have been the first AAA game to have done it, surely.

Americans rule every entertainment market. Whether we like it or not, their tastes are the most important.

I mention this because Americans generally have a problem with nudity, which they classify as acceptable, but everything is outweighed by the fear of showing one's penis, especially an erect one.

Ryzer

Arcane
To me what worked with Dragon age Origins is that it feels like an old bioware game in many aspects:
- No open-world bullshit (even in 2009, it was rare)
- It's an adventure into a fantasy world
- Mostly filled with interesting areas
- Actions have consequences
- Races / Classes and subclasses.
- Pubs comfiness and people asking for strong dwarven ale.
- Starting at level 1

It felt like Baldur's Gate 1 (although much easier) all over again, you can see it was the direction they were heading but then DA2 happened.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
From https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/Taash about Taash:

• Taash was written by Trick Weekes.[7]
  • Taash is the youngest of the companions in Dragon Age: The Veilguard, being in her early twenties, close to Sera's age.[8]
  • She is described as a gym bro[9] and a jock.[4]
  • She has an interest in sparkling treasures and hitting things with an axe.[2]
  • According to Corinne Busche, Taash has the "steamiest" romance of Veilguard.[10]
  • BioWare polled the Dragon Age game developers with the question "If our companions worked at the studio what would their jobs be?", Taash's top vote was testing with runner-up votes being in IT and audio. The included commentary stated:[11]
    • “Testing, and Taash would send all the bugs right back at us with a grin.”
    • “If Taash worked in IT, you’d try to get your things working before asking for help.”
    • “Taash could appreciate the bombastic yet subtle nature of Audio.”

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

Late Bloomer

Scholar
From https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/Taash about Taash:

• Taash was written by Trick Weekes.[7]
  • Taash is the youngest of the companions in Dragon Age: The Veilguard, being in her early twenties, close to Sera's age.[8]
  • She is described as a gym bro[9] and a jock.[4]
  • She has an interest in sparkling treasures and hitting things with an axe.[2]
  • According to Corinne Busche, Taash has the "steamiest" romance of Veilguard.[10]
  • BioWare polled the Dragon Age game developers with the question "If our companions worked at the studio what would their jobs be?", Taash's top vote was testing with runner-up votes being in IT and audio. The included commentary stated:[11]
    • “Testing, and Taash would send all the bugs right back at us with a grin.”
    • “If Taash worked in IT, you’d try to get your things working before asking for help.”
    • “Taash could appreciate the bombastic yet subtle nature of Audio.”

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

It's important to see who has the "steamiest" romance....

dragon-age-taash-dragon-hunter.jpg

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom