Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

kapisi

Educated
Turns out that taash leak earlier today was fucking mister Matty, it's Rook from his review. This gets crazier by the hour, fellas.

Edit - he's being called out in the comments to his review for "keeping bad company" and breaking nda with the leak

Old Hans

Arcane
Update: Retardera had to lock their review thread because people were linking to wrong think channels, lmao you can't make this up

J8I46kP.png

zhbqLbd.png
its like defcon 5 over there. Someone call in the national guard and get the president on the horn

Xorazm

Cipher
that's why you see all these refrains about it being a "reluctant RPG" and so on.
Ooh that's what they meant. Interesting. I thought that form of language was just another form of newspeak.

I'm actually not entirely following that. I (think I) get that it's a "reluctant RPG" in that doesn't want you to make choices or build your character and those aspects feel almost tacked on, but why would the specter of Baldur's Gate 3 make them feel like such roundabout language was necessary?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
but why would the specter of Baldur's Gate 3 make them feel like such roundabout language was necessary?
I think it's because Baldur's Gate 3 is the better RPG and they don't want to showcase how lacking the role playing elements are compared to it - it'll affect sales. Like for example you can't really act evil in Veilguard, but in BG 3 you can kill companions.

Thalstarion

Educated
Not that it was needed but it's further proof that game developers and their sycophants spend more time trying to snuff out different opinions than they do actually trying to create a product with broad, mass appeal.

It's extremely easy to make a fantasy game that sells well just by leaning into the core European fantasy tropes with a decent amount of grey morality and grit. Even complete normies lap up grey morality as seen by the mainstream success of shows like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. It's the danger hairs who almost exclusively throw a fit over such elements.

Semiurge

Cipher

They made all that possible and you still can't give your body type B Rook big badonkadonkas.

See, this is what woke means. This is what culture warriors crying in every thread about every game being woke, fail to understand. Having a nigger or a strong wamyn in a game is not woke by itself. Even having a crossdressing degenerate in a game could be done in a non woke way, they existed and were ocassionally mentioned in literary works, before americucks even invented wokeism.

Incorrect. Having negroes and strong women in games means it's woke. They are an entry point.

The entry point's been present in games since before you were born. No, this is different.

ResetEra consists of some of the most mentally broken people on the Internet. The fact that none of them have a sliver of self-awareness makes me think that the Dead Internet Theory has legs.

I unironically believe that actual.... humans represent a minority over there, and the rest are just chinkoid bots unleashed for the intent of giving "the movement" some credibility and power through numbers. The way they communicate is not humanlike, at best you might confuse them with low-IQ zealots. In the light of the great advances taken with A.I development and the terrible potential it has, it's disturbing how unwelcoming people generally are to the whole theory of bots being used as a way to manage e-herds. They will call you crazy for even suggesting this, even though they themselves have never actually met any of their "allies" IRL...

Last edited:
This game is gayer than
What did SkillUp do to get banned from ResetEra? Did he say it was okay to be white or something?
He didn't recommend the game. That's it.
Nah, the post says he has been a banned source. Whatever he did to earn that happened a while ago. I don't read that shithole so I don't know what it is. I'm sure some sperg on Kiwifarms has the details.

Skinwalker

*meows incessantly*
Patron
Village Idiot

DKunit

Novice

Old Hans

Arcane
I unironically believe that actual.... humans represent a minority over there, and the rest are just chinkoid bots unleashed for the intent of giving "the movement" some credibility through numbers. The way they communicate and behave is not humanlike.
but its been like since Neogaf. They just weeded out the normal people until there was no one left besides extreme leftist weirdos

Xorazm

Cipher
This one is sounding like the most railroaded of all major RPG releases ever
Even more than a JRPG?

Wait .... hold on ... I think you're onto something there.

So let me get this straight....

A ragtag bunch of misfits come together to follow you around because you're the Chosen One or some bullshit because ERGMAG THE WHOLE WORLD IS IN DANGER AND ONLY A MERRY BAND OF WEIRDOS CAN SAVE IT, you spend a ton of time chatting and dealing with whiny people's problems in your party (even though, you know, the world is in danger), the whole story basically on-rails YA/shonen fluff where everybody is a goody two-shoes, your character is largely pre-defined, and at the end you come together to defeat god(s) using the power of friendship? And everyone is stylized in a way that no person has ever resembled?

How exactly is this not a JRPG?

(inb4 "JRGs have waifus)

Old Hans

Arcane
Update: Retardera had to lock their review thread because people were linking to wrong think channels, lmao you can't make this up

J8I46kP.png

zhbqLbd.png
its like defcon 5 over there. Someone call in the national guard and get the president on the horn
DEFCON 5 is all is well, DEFCON 1 is an active state of war and nuclear response is authorized.
SHIT! the sad thing is I looked it up before I wrote that, just to make sure, and I still messed it up

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom