Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
The only possible saving grace would be if combat is challenging on the highest difficulty and not just in a bloated HP pool sort of way.
Then again more than one review has said readability in combat is almost impossible and that it's a mess of flashy effects and spamming.
The SkillUp review said that both he and two other reviewers he talked to dropped the difficulty down to the lowest setting towards the end not because it was hard but because it was tedious and boring, so I'd put money on there being a ton of HP bloat and other equally annoying and time consuming quirks in high level battles.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Update: Retardera had to lock their review thread because people were linking to wrong think channels, lmao you can't make this up

J8I46kP.png

zhbqLbd.png

Late Bloomer

Scholar
See, this is what woke means. This is what culture warriors crying in every thread about every game being woke, fail to understand. Having a nigger or a strong wamyn in a game is not woke by itself. Even having a crossdressing degenerate in a game could be done in a non woke way, they existed and were ocassionally mentioned in literary works, before americucks even invented wokeism.

Incorrect. Having negroes and strong women in games means it's woke. They are an entry point. The developers know exactly why they added them in their game and its is never for any good reasons. Negroes and strong women in games are what lead to this. It's like gay marriage. People thought, why the hell not, let the homos get married. Now they are marching in the streets with dildo hats, having new hate speech laws passed every other month, and poisioning education. It's your way of thinking that lead to this game.

3/5 from The Guardian but the article got removed for breaching embargo
"Dragon Age: The Veilguard review – a good RPG, but an underwhelming Dragon Age game" 3/5

edit: some top level paragraph pulls from the article based on the discussions areas in the comments for the other review posted

COMBAT Combat is now entirely real-time. You can still order your companions to use their skills via a ring menu similar to Mass Effect’s, which I sometimes had to do because my companions wouldn’t do useful things such as healing Rook or slowing down time without my say-so. But for the most part, they act autonomously. All I have to do is attack and dodge, pressing the same three buttons over and over again, throwing in the occasional combat skill or finishing move as my companions yell at me to watch out for imminent ranged attacks or explosions. It’s serviceable, but we’ve seen it before in countless other games, and there’s not much room for strategy. Boss battles are quite challenging, however. Dodging is vital, and you won’t get ahead by blindly slashing at your enemies.

DIALOGUE No matter which dialogue option you pick, a lot of it inevitably ends in some sort of joke, and sometimes even mildly embarrassing pop culture references and idioms. (I never want to hear a character say a griffon is “feeling his oats”, please. Please.) Veilguard isn’t the Guardians of the Galaxy-esque jokefest fans feared it might be after its first trailer, but Rook is written less like a person with opinions and more like someone who makes witty observations.

DECISIONS Big decisions that affect the story are few and far between, and the game will tell you exactly what they lead to before you pick. Decisions do, for the most part, carry real consequence, which is nice, but it would have been nicer if the game didn’t tell you that several times before you commit. These choices get rarer as time goes on, almost as if time to implement them ran out later in development.
Five alarm fire if that's real. The shill gaming press being on message for a big release is baked in, but if a libtard legacy media monolith like the Grauniad won't go above 60% for something ideologically aligned like this there are serious issues.

Paul_cz

Arcane
See, this is what woke means. This is what culture warriors crying in every thread about every game being woke, fail to understand. Having a nigger or a strong wamyn in a game is not woke by itself. Even having a crossdressing degenerate in a game could be done in a non woke way, they existed and were ocassionally mentioned in literary works, before americucks even invented wokeism.

What's woke, and what actually makes games bad, is when this shit is brought to the foreground, when you have to spend a substantial amount of time, listening to said nigger or strong wamyn or a crossdresser, preaching to you straight up 2024 Californian college kid's political views. This is exactly such a game. It's literally pre-Musk twitter in a game form. Burn this garbage with fire and send the devs to some arab country, so their friendly neighbourhood muslims can throw them off a building. This is a level of faggotry unseen ever before, not even Bear Gay 3 was that shameless.
Elihal, the crossdressing degenerate in Witcher 3, is perfect example. It was a funny scene and completely non-woke.
Funny post btw.

damager

Liturgist
Aah... here in Bulgaria we say "As if you fucked your mother in law and now your father in law is present"
Update: Retardera had to lock their review thread because people were linking to wrong think channels, lmao you can't make this up

J8I46kP.png

zhbqLbd.png

So their forum exists solely for hugboxing each ther over biowar slop and the like? Let me guess, when I make a thread about Underrail or AoC it gets nuked because it's creators are bigots?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Incorrect. Having negroes and strong women in games means it's woke. They are an entry point. The developers know exactly why they added them in their game and its is never for any good reasons. Negroes and strong women in games are what lead to this. It's like gay marriage. People thought, why the hell not, let the homos get married. Now they are marching in the streets with dildo hats, having new hate speech laws passed every other month, and poisioning education. It's your way of thinking that lead to this game.
Vendetta had 'negroes' and 'strong women'. It's the exact opposite of woke.

damager

Liturgist
Dude removing all strong woman and negroes from games and you end up with the same boring and uncreative slop like bioware produces, just in stormfront flavour. Just let art be art and don't inject your stupid politics into every last medium meant for entertainment. I don't want to play video games meant for propaganda purposes, I want to be able to tell interesting and cool stories through them.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I changed my mind. This game actually does have a chance of crashing the industry just from the sheer dissonance between bought reviewers and player experience.

It's finally happening. 2024 is the year. My body is ready.

1730145699954.png

J8I46kP.png

zhbqLbd.png

J8I46kP.png

zhbqLbd.png
Banned ... source ...

I ... wow.

:despair:
Aah... here in Bulgaria we say "As if you fucked your mother in law and now your father in law is present"

J8I46kP.png

zhbqLbd.png

So their forum exists solely for hugboxing each ther over biowar slop and the like? Let me guess, when I make a thread about Underrail or AoC it gets nuked because it's creators are bigots?
ResetEra consists of some of the most mentally broken people on the Internet. The fact that none of them have a sliver of self-awareness makes me think that the Dead Internet Theory has legs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom