Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age: The Veilguard releasing on October 31st

Fargus

Arcane
I can't help but laugh at the colour of the main character. It's like they thought, "Can't make him white. That isn't right in 2024! That would just be pandering to the main demographic! But... if we make him black we'll just look woke. How about right in the middle?"

Damned if you do and damned if you don't, I guess. But the puppeteered corpse of Bioware deserves all the face-stomps it gets.

I know right? Funny as hell. I guess girlbosses and hood rats in every game nowadays took it's toll and they pussied out and went with brown man. But still can't let those chuds have an upperhand and make him white lmao.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
who is actually going to A. play the slop and B. admit to it?

Some insane person forced themself to play all of Inquisition for the edification of the crowd and their hate-fueled rants as it got progressively more terrible got me to make an account in the first place.
I also joined because of Inquisition, trying to warn people not to buy it.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Inquisition was woke before woke was popular. There were so many warning signs.

You had that gay mage, the nigger bull man whose schtick was that he could fuck the player until he or she walked funny, the ugly elf that looked like they found the last girl in the bar to be her model.

This was all stuff that was in the reviews and previews. The only things people needed to be warned about were the MMO-style quests and how boring it was.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Inquisition was well into the wokeification period, at least for games. The whole inclusive woke agenda started way back, it was always games that started it by having same sex relationships or strong female warrior PCs etc. Not sure exactly where exactly the line got crossed into obnoxious levels, or when exactly they started to discriminate against straight males by eliminating attractive women, but it was a slow poison.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The best Codexers are those who spend time trying to help other Codexers.

J7VQ6JA.gif

Xunwael

Educated
How obese do you have to be to enjoy these games?

Okay, hear me out. I struggle to articulate it, but I just feel like you'd have to be, right? You have to be really, REALLY fat to enjoy this game? It's not just me who gets this feeling, right?

Like, I'm playing a game with a masculine male protagonist. And you get this energy, right? From this fantasy. Like from this trailer for Origins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoEol-5Epfg
As cringe as that shit was, still, I watch this and I'm like, YEAH. My HACKLES rise, I feel my blood surging, and I just wanna fucking MURDER those FUCKING--whatever they are--I wanna MURDER THEM!

Then I look at this iteration on the franchise, and I'm like, man. I can feel that urge, the urge to MURDER, deep in my retarded primal monkey brain, conditioned as it is to want to murder people when my body is seated in front of a computer screen. It starts rising up. Then it sees these fucking characters. This anemic presentation. It recalls the IRL associations. And it just deflates, or it's like the plug pulled out of a bathtub, it just drains away lethargicly.

How could someone WANT to play a game that makes them feel that way?

And it hits me, like, yeah. You'd have to be obese. That's the only way. It's the only way I can explain it.

This makes sense, right?

jaekl

Learned
Patron
It's for girls, that's why. If a girl wants you to watch a tv show or movie that she picks, you'll get the same feeling.

MerchantKing

Learned
The best Codexers are those who spend time trying to help other Codexers.

J7VQ6JA.gif
Should anyone really buy any game made by a company guaranteed to put homosexual transvestites in their games and create an elaborate series of cutscenes around them while pretending quicktime events or picking an option on the dialogue wheel is gameplay?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Inquisition was well into the wokeification period, at least for games. The whole inclusive woke agenda started way back, it was always games that started it by having same sex relationships or strong female warrior PCs etc.
It was initially tolerated as a way to have lesbo sex between your female MC and whatever Jaheira-like elf sex-hole was in the game. The first AAA game I remember that did it was Mass Effect, and even then it only did it between aliens. It took until ME2 for there to be lesbian romance. Arcanum had it, but no one cared about some 2d game. Dragon Age had a gay elf, but I don't remember it making every NPC "player sexual."

IMO, it got much worse once the Tumblr generation grew to adulthood and went through college. Then all the closet perverts in the gaming industry said "wait, it's normal now! I don't need to pretend!" and it made everything 1000x worse as they hired more degenerate cultist millennials and zoomers into the industry.

Even if you go all the way back to Ed Greenwood, his perversions were based in raunchiness and not some moral imperative to show trannies in fantasy literature. It took many Tumblr struggle sessions for the modern, WOKE liberal to be born.

Xorazm

Cipher
who is actually going to A. play the slop and B. admit to it?

Some insane person forced themself to play all of Inquisition for the edification of the crowd and their hate-fueled rants as it got progressively more terrible got me to make an account in the first place.
Same. I was younger, stupider, more naive, more trusting of reviews and more trusting of Bioware.

As my time with it went on it became clear that I'd made a grievous error, and since reddit was silencing anyone not in the thralls of gushing hype over the game (....so, I guess, make that two lessons learned), I went looking for anybody who cared more about quality to fulfill my karmic duty of warning the curious away from contracting HinterAids.

I couldn't undo my mistake but maybe I could prevent new ones.

Semiurge

Cipher
And it hits me, like, yeah. You'd have to be obese. That's the only way. It's the only way I can explain it.

That's not far from the mark. High levels of cope can't compensate for the low levels of T and hope.

It's for girls, that's why. If a girl wants you to watch a tv show or movie that she picks, you'll get the same feeling.

I thought about writing a review of Moulin Rouge! in here, but... no. It's just not worth the time. It lures you in with promises of colorful depictions of the belle epoque period and the lurid titular nightclub/whorehouse, but then it just deflates into a badly cut, ultra-saccharine love story with deliberately terrible pretend-ironic acting. All this within minutes. So much potential wasted for the lowest common denominator.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
The first game was pretty good. The second two I got for about 75% off several years after release and had a moderately acceptable time with both. I suspect I'll do the same with this one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom