Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
So anyone's game keep crashing after the latest patch? Like every 10 minutes or so.
It's been a couple days since I last played. I've been a drunken wreck wishing for death. Which platform you on? I can boot it up and test it. All of gaming has gone to shit so this isn't news to me.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So anyone's game keep crashing after the latest patch? Like every 10 minutes or so.
It's been a couple days since I last played. I've been a drunken wreck wishing for death. Which platform you on? I can boot it up and test it. All of gaming has gone to shit so this isn't news to me.
PC. currently checking if mods break the game too. i only use 2: "custom difficulty tweak" and "infinite skill swapper"

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't know if it was posted. Capcom revised their earnings report. Better than expected, and Dragon's Dogma II "performed favorably", plus sales of past games were good.
7zlCV0U.jpeg

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
They're taking it to the woodshed. Stop being fabulously optimistic. Every fag and poor person wanted this game to fail and they made it happen. I'm looking forward to the expansion but my dreams of DD becoming a big franchise were crushed by dick smoking degenerates

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
So how did they alter dragon's plague symptoms? I seem to recall them saying they were going to make it more obvious, even though it was already obvious as fuck.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Finished!

20240424144710-1.jpg
Times fallen 14? Rookie numbers, you guys should really play with the difficulty mod, I died 100+ times, some pretty tense fights all the way till the end
Yeah most of my hours were definitely from letting the game idle. No way in fucking hell I put in over 200 hours and had far less kills + ended up being a much lower level. I still have yet to reach 90 in NG+. Did you fuckers spend 100 hours in Battahl just killing shit?

Also roughly half my deaths were from falls and that point where I used martyr's bolt and had 1 hit point.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Currently level 30.
So, Fighter feels pretty good. At least playing it doesn't feel like cheating (Thief) and he's not slow as molasses as the Warrior.

Indeed, he's a good climber and the really nice thing is that Gouging Skewering the cyclops eye with Almace leads to a rather fast freeze and then its GG.
Gave my Archer Pawn Deluging Shot to help with the freezes, particularly on bosses.

Fighter still has solid finishers, but at least needs to work a little bit for them.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I played an archer to max rank and it was excruciating. Even pumping arrows into a cyclops eye did pathetic damage.
Might be your equipment is weak, that's always the rule of thumb in DD:DA and it still seems to hold true in DD2
From what I've seen on /ddg/, while Archer is the weakest Vocation in terms of damage, it still can dish out respectable pain
The general tips are:
>sprint kick + shot for massive damage
>tempest shot on weakspot
>spiral arrow for small enemies and stagger
>kicking monsters in the face (and saurians in the tail)
>water arrow + frost spell or melee weapon = stunlocking the boss
>bomb arrows or double poise arrows for MASSIVE damage

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Light is more important in DDDA. In DD2 you can kind of get around without your lantern if you have to, and in misty places at night it can actually be easier to see without the glare.
I think it might be due to the washed out colors, DD:DDA seems more vibrant

movement is more precise and the controls feel more direct in DD1
movement in 1 doesn't have much momentum, you have to be more carefull traversing the wild in 2

Gran Soren is a more interesting place to explore than Vermont.
Gran Soren is more "believable" as a great medieval city, with its clever defensive architecture
But honestly I find it dull to traverse, it's too large and too empty for its own good - it should have had more quests and establishments
Don't know about Vermont :-D, though Vernworth is clearly a more "gamey" city - it's small and lacks the great defensive structures of Gran Soren - but it's much more convienient to get around and aesthetically it reminds me of Vizima from Witcher 1 (which is a plus for me)

As far as locations go I miss the more "mediterranean" areas like Cassardis

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
some madlad made a mod that changes black characters to whites and removes african hair cuts kek
obvisously it's already been taken down of Nexus

anyway
these two mods seem pretty cool:
Spell Maker - adds a spell crafting system
Magic Trickster - adds a bunch of buffs and debuffs (including poison) to trickster attacks and Dragon's Delusion now casts an actual fire spell

Perkel you might like this one:
https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/693
Why do people even bother putting their mods on that shithole? Stop supporting them and let the stupid fucking site die. It's ran by retardera nazis.

Crayll

Liturgist
https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonsDog...e_true_world_has_been_reached_the_true_cycle/
https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonsDog...e_true_world_has_been_reached_the_true_cycle/

some nice story analysis based off correct translation of original lines (localization contractors shat the bed, apparently). yeah, yeah, reddit is cringe, whatever.
I don't agree with everything there, but the localization fuckups are good to know and I think confirm that DD2 is about returning to the true cycle from a degraded one. Knowing that Rothais was the Seneschal and the existence of Gran Soren in DD2 should also put to rest the 'DD1 ends with the player breaking the cycle' theory which I never thought was accurate.

Suicidal

Arcane
some madlad made a mod that changes black characters to whites and removes african hair cuts kek

anyway
Magic Trickster - adds a bunch of buffs and debuffs (including poison) to trickster attacks and Dragon's Delusion now casts an actual fire spell

That seems really cool and the game just came out, relatively speaking. We might see some really cool and indepth mods in a year or two.

Last edited:

Cheesedragon117

Educated

anyway

Why do people even bother putting their mods on that shithole? Stop supporting them and let the stupid fucking site die. It's ran by retardera nazis.
It should also be a crime to mod such perfection. Post-redemption Capcom is completely justified in cracking down on any and all mods for their games. There isn't a single idea a retarded amerimutt can come up with that could make any of these Japanese masterpieces better, only worse. They simply don't have it, mentally, spiritually, or emotionally. Exempting very minor QoL changes, that is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom