Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
In the first game I knew everyone would play female pawns so I made a Rentboy instead. He did okay. Sick of having three girls in my party (hard to tell the voices apart) so I hire males when possible and it's always a smaller pool.

Also funny that getting hired more will get you Pawn AIDS.

In terms of usefulness, pawn fighters and thieves are solid. Mages and sorcs are good depending on spell selection (STAHP equipping Flagration, that spell sucks ass.) Other player's mages tend to have shit HP and die easily.

Warrior pawns don't play to their full potential, and archers seem straight up useless. Just don't seem to attack hardly at all. Maybe I've been unlucky.

Shaki

Arbiter
In the first game I knew everyone would play female pawns so I made a Rentboy instead. He did okay. Sick of having three girls in my party (hard to tell the voices apart) so I hire males when possible and it's always a smaller pool.

Also funny that getting hired more will get you Pawn AIDS.

In terms of usefulness, pawn fighters and thieves are solid. Mages and sorcs are good depending on spell selection (STAHP equipping Flagration, that spell sucks ass.) Other player's mages tend to have shit HP and die easily.

Warrior pawns don't play to their full potential, and archers seem straight up useless. Just don't seem to attack hardly at all. Maybe I've been unlucky.
Best setup for Pawns is probably thief/thief/mage, unless you're playing mage yourself, but I like to hire at least one big fighter/warrior bro.

Reinhardt

Arcane
finally killed death as sorceror, killed daimon many times, got 2 t3 weapons - archstaff and warhammer and bunch of t3 armors i can't unfuck because not enough rc. both me and pawn in a mix of t2-3 stuff. guess finally time to move to ng++ as melee and romance mercedes. will just rush story with minimum talking.

Carceri

Arcane
finally killed death as sorceror, killed daimon many times, got 2 t3 weapons - archstaff and warhammer and bunch of t3 armors i can't unfuck because not enough rc. both me and pawn in a mix of t2-3 stuff. guess finally time to move to ng++ as melee and romance mercedes. will just rush story with minimum talking.
If you play on Steam and want RC, I can easily generate 1 mil, or close to it. Doesn't take long either. Just let me know.

Artyoan

Arbiter
I've moved my score of this game from an 8/10 to a 9/10 despite the many rushed elements. The more I play it the more I'm enjoying it. That runs contrary to the vast majority of games I've ever played. I also walk back most of my criticism about difficulty as I think only a few skills need vastly toned down and all the development should go to NG+ scaling and new loot/monsters. Battahl is fine in terms of difficulty. What isn't fine is me using one spell that then blows a dragon up in less than 15 seconds. Just hit the outliers.

My prediction is that the spoilered pic will be entrances to randomized dungeons, possibly proc gen created. A door that requires something to unlock it, like wyrmlife crystals, which then allows passage til a boss is killed inside:

p07NzRx.jpeg

Artyoan

Arbiter
Today I learned about this game's hidden berry mechanic.

Some of you may be aware of this, but I'm sure most aren't, so let me give everyone a little bit of background here, the short of it is that everytime you make a new game, the type of berry that can spawn in your world is a random type out of four different ones, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry or cranberry, and always only one of those, there are unique recipes for mixing berries from a world different from yours and they also have different trading prices with merchants, but if you want to get your hands on a different berry you can only do so via other player's pawn, and that's where this thread will hopefully come into play. I'm here with a simple request for the Dragon's Dogma 2 community, I'd like to ask for your help with setting up pawn quests that reward large amounts of berries for collectors such as myself and for those who'd like to try and find any more hidden mechanics like those.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonsDogma2/comments/1bvwzv8/blueberries_raspberries_strawberries_and/

Time to only give out berries in pawn quests.
I just put my pawn up for 40 raspberries on a Chimera kill. She will also steal stuff from enemies constantly and is all around Best Girl. Also, her daggers will ping when near a treasure chest that is unopened.
QMUHzjB.jpeg

Last edited:

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Some deeper dungeons, less item spam, toned-down skills/progression curve, more enemy variety/aggression and a higher stagger/knockdown threshold for both monsters/PC etc.. it’s so close to being an all-timer, but I have my gripes. All the little details made it for me though.

It’s one of my few game experiences that felt like how I imagine DnD. I found myself often wanting to RP and just be patient taking the environments in; appreciating level 1-30ish long journey struggles and breathing between story moments.. though many interactions with the npc’s/world could be built upon. One example; I remember finishing Ulrika’s quest-line, and even though there wasn’t enough there to have built a real connection I wondered why you couldn’t have that house with her, more dialogue/story/etc. Maybe a mechanic over some quests where you build up their/“our” small village as a real threat against tha power elite :shittydog:

It’s a special game but it’s left somewhat diminished at the moment. Capcom gave a survey where they had a few questions about what we would want in a dlc, so maybe it’s a matter of time.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
It's crazy how many early game quests are "go to the palace at night and watch a cutscene." I wonder if there was supposed to be a proper stealth system at some point but they never got around to it, while leaving all those quests in.

I got the quest where Ulrika runs away. I didn't find any clues where she went so I thought, I'll use the pawns. I summoned one with quest knowledge, he said "follow me, I know where she is," and off we go. Cool.

Turns out she's in Melve, clear across the map. If he had just TOLD me where she was, I could have teleported there and saved the trip. I guess he saved me a ferrystone.

So close Capcom, so so close.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
It felt like they just forgot to put stealth mechanics in the game. Like you have those quests where you're supposed to sneak around the castle looking for evidence or break a guy out of Gaol, and they set it up like you can't be seen, but once I was in those areas the guards just didn't give a fuck. I didn't have to slip past patrols or anything. Just waltzed around all willy nilly. I'm glad it's like that because without the proper stealth mechanics that shit would have been an absolute nightmare.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
It felt like they just forgot to put stealth mechanics in the game. Like you have those quests where you're supposed to sneak around the castle looking for evidence or break a guy out of Gaol, and they set it up like you can't be seen, but once I was in those areas the guards just didn't give a fuck. I didn't have to slip past patrols or anything. Just waltzed around all willy nilly. I'm glad it's like that because without the proper stealth mechanics that shit would have been an absolute nightmare.

They play the sneaky music but I'm sure it's broken; going into the prison for the magistrate MQ, and later after being arrested and "breaking out" the guards couldn't care less what I did

Yosharian

Arcane
I've moved my score of this game from an 8/10 to a 9/10 despite the many rushed elements. The more I play it the more I'm enjoying it. That runs contrary to the vast majority of games I've ever played. I also walk back most of my criticism about difficulty as I think only a few skills need vastly toned down and all the development should go to NG+ scaling and new loot/monsters. Battahl is fine in terms of difficulty. What isn't fine is me using one spell that then blows a dragon up in less than 15 seconds. Just hit the outliers.

My prediction is that the spoilered pic will be entrances to randomized dungeons, possibly proc gen created. A door that requires something to unlock it, like wyrmlife crystals, which then allows passage til a boss is killed inside:

p07NzRx.jpeg
The Flare spell is utterly broken

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

They play the sneaky music but I'm sure it's broken; going into the prison for the magistrate MQ, and later after being arrested and "breaking out" the guards couldn't care less what I did
It could technically count as a story thing. Alot of people seem sus of the queen and believe you're the true Arisen. Could be that the majority of the guards are turning a blind eye. Of course I could just be making excuses for lazy design but it DOES technically make sense in the context of the story. It's not a huge secret that you're the true Arisen. It becomes pretty obvious the more NPCs you interact with.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Fug me. I sold all my onyx, jasper, and tiger eyes thinking they were worthless. Now I'm paying for it.
There are any use other than selling?
Some equipment requires them for upgrades. Decent late-game equipment.

On another note, Magick Archer is basically regular Archer but with aimbot, and way better nuke skills lol. No point in going back. I do miss the Archer's kick though. Wasn't a great melee attack but it was still satisfying and fun to use.

Reinhardt

Arcane
btw looking at pipo screens in this thread i can't help but wonder - are blondes prohibited? all npcs, all pawns - where all white bitches at?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
btw looking at pipo screens in this thread i can't help but wonder - are blondes prohibited? all npcs, all pawns - where all white bitches at?
Here you are, sir.

Oh cool, someone made Cammy!
cammy-pawn-jpg.48654

Oh. I guess that's their wife's name too. My bad. :?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom