Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Evacuated everyone to the seafloor shrine and now I can't find most of the vendors. Just need one dwarf to finish my magick bow and I can be done. Argh, I should have finished upgrading before doing these quests.
Try resting if you haven't. They all congregate together if you've evacuated them, so they should show up. If you don't want to rest, try leaving and coming back first.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Evacuated everyone to the seafloor shrine and now I can't find most of the vendors. Just need one dwarf to finish my magick bow and I can be done. Argh, I should have finished upgrading before doing these quests.
Sara can reset into the weapons shop area next to her retired master if you sleep in the Seafloor Shrine. You have to run to her quickly because she can start to wander off as soon as she spawns.

Stoned Ape

Savant
If there was a way to just get the Spearhand tweaks from the list but keep the others as vanilla it might be ok if the rest of the game is unmodified. It massively nerfs the Spearhand's shield duration and makes it consume more stamina which will probably make it completely useless, but improves KD resist to a level where you won't need the shield to avoid faceplanting as often.

I don't think it needs all the other buffs that he gives most of the other skills, but it would make the class play substantially differently.

If you paired this mod with a difficulty mod then it might be interesting (something like player damage overall x0.75, monster damage x2 or something) but I think it net buffs the other classes so much it would remove any remaining challenge in vanilla difficulty.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
That was certainly a videogame.

Turns out if you kill Talos early (Thank you Magick Archer), when you get to the unmoored world, your pawn can pilot it and kill 2 of the purgenors for free. This was disappointing to me because I was hoping for more wyrm crystals to buy more of the endgame weapons. After all the gearing up I did in the unmoored world, I only had to fight the Arbor and Castle bosses to finish the game.

Stoned Ape

Savant

Turns out if you kill Talos early (Thank you Magick Archer), when you get to the unmoored world, your pawn can pilot it and kill 2 of the purgenors for free. This was disappointing to me because I was hoping for more wyrm crystals to buy more of the endgame weapons. After all the gearing up I did in the unmoored world, I only had to fight the Arbor and Castle bosses to finish the game.
I hope the expansions round out the late game experience and offer a bunch of challenging bosses and unique encounters. I could do without the RNG based loot from BBI, though. Grinding for that was bloody tedious.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Has there been a crazy person that's leveled up to 999 yet?

That's some bullshit. I killed the fucker early, got the achievement for it, climbed all over him in Unmoored world and nothing happened. MFer just sat there dead.

Shinji

Savant
It's the second time I witness a random griffin commiting suicide by diving into the water.

Poor creatures.

Anonona

Learned
That's some bullshit. I killed the fucker early, got the achievement for it, climbed all over him in Unmoored world and nothing happened. MFer just sat there dead.
That is weird. It did work for me too, killed it early and then in the Unmoored world the cutscene triggered. Perhaps there is some other unknown requisite for it to happen. Did you kill it before its arm got destroyed? Also, was your main pawn with you when you encountered it in the unmoored world?

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
That is weird. It did work for me too, killed it early and then in the Unmoored world the cutscene triggered. Perhaps there is some other unknown requisite for it to happen. Did you kill it before its arm got destroyed? Also, was your main pawn with you when you encountered it in the unmoored world?
That I can't say for certain. I didn't even know this was a thing. I just seen his icon on the map so I went to investigate to see if something would happen. It's possible I didn't have my pawn with me, can't remember.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps

We're the red beams on the map for you? Maybe if you wait too long you lose your chance.

Terenty

Liturgist
Did anybody try Whimsical Daydream that you get from the Sphynx? You just run around hitting monsters and getting money for that, mostly 10 gold per hit, but sometimes you get 1000 or even 50k lol

Stoned Ape

Savant
Well, that's impressive. But I guess she's pretty high level. With lots of Stamina... kept skewering that Drake.
I think they said their character is around 110th level. They were using the Dragon's Dogma sword, had drunk a Savagery Extract and had eaten an aged beef steak while wearing two of the rings that enhance damage the less encumbered they are, which is why they went without a shield. I think that last attack did around 3 2/3 health bars damage, which is just incredible.

I'm pretty sure they wrote their skill selection was Gutting Skewer, Hindsight Sweep, Cloudward Slash, and Full Moon Slash and the augments that deal extra damage on vitals, boost strength, and increase carry weight.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

We're the red beams on the map for you? Maybe if you wait too long you lose your chance.
Yeah there were red beams. I also remember the red clouds getting dangerously close to cutting off a section of the map I still had business in.

Anonona

Learned
So, I while back I posted how the game supposedly had only around 400+ people working on it, but also pointed out that the number may not cover the full staff and that I would update you about it in case it changed, which it has, in fact, changed.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/220049/dragons-dogma-ii/credits/playstation-5/

So it seems the full credits is actually around 1,541 people according to the webpage, which is a more regular number for an open world RPG like DD2s.

In other topic, after a break, I'll probably starting my 3rd playthrough this time using a difficulty mod. Let's see how it goes.

deuxhero

Arcane
Comparisons of number of staff really should exclude translation and voice actors (and maybe "special thanks" while at it). Those will bloat credit counts and make comparisons more a matter of how many languages a game was translated into (especially if the game has multiple audio tracks). In the past English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, and Japanese with English and Japanese voices was considered a extensive lineup. Now with digital distribution and file size (no more logistics mess of making different pressings for each region), standardized text output (translation is so much easier when you don't need to reprogram the game to handle variable width latin fonts+text wrapping+fitting in a fixed number of textboxes and can just change the text strings. Same goes for Latin alphabet based games to any language with non-Latin character set.), access to freelance translators/publishers having an extended network for translators, and deeper entrenchment of video games (that are paid for) the cost/benefit it's not unusual to see games hit 15+ languages since the cost/benefit analysis is so favorable. Voice acting likewise is something that got more prominent the last 10 years, but doesn't really reflect how many people actually made the game and is done at the very end after the game is actually made.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
1714750565986029.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom