Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Drakengard 3

v1rus

Arcane
I recommend you read the LPs, at least of the second game, to spare yourself the suffering:
https://lparchive.org/Drakengard/
https://lparchive.org/Drakengard-2/

Nowe being retarded and a problem for everyone nearby is fully intentional, it is the JRPG protagonist brought to a logical conclusion.

Ty.

Think I'll manage with Drakengard 1, even tho those timed aerial missions for weapons scare the crap out of me.

The second one... I might just read the plot of the wiki?

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Nifft Batuff can you explain why I am retarded for not being able to turn on additional settings that don't exist because I already had to turn them all on to get the shitty framerate to begin with? This doesn't matter anymore since I upgraded my computer (from 2010 to 2014 lmao), but u dumb

Also, Nowe was retarded? Honestly, I don't get why people always complain about fictional characters like they're real people causing real problems. It's not like Caim was especially interesting in comparison, anyway, and his appearance in Drakengard 2 was entirely unnecessary and unimpressive.

v1rus

Arcane
Almost beat Drakengard. Got endings A,B,C, currently on chapter 11, found all the weapons, so I guess theres only a couple hours left. It was... an interesting ride. Surprisingly, perhaps because it was so hyped out, I didnt find the game so goddamn weird as everyone says, just incredibly edgy. Or, its perhaps because I still have D and E routes to finish.

Just found out that because of certain circumstances I wont be able to play Nier Replicant for quite some time tho, so all my enthusiasm plummeted :mad: I'm actually contemplating Drakengard II. How long is it compared to Drakengard 1, if I only do the ending A? Is it even worth in any hell? I've been thinking reading Dark IDs LP. Should i skim through the first Drakengard one too?

lightbane

Arcane
Watch a LP or a video LP of Drakengard 2, not worth it, it's anime trash, with the only saving grace is that (intentionally or not), it still criticizes stuff from JRPGs and such. Specifically, how a naive protagonist is a massive tool easily manipulated by everyone (here thought it is exaggerated to the point the game makes fun of his literal retardation).
DG1 is not fun to play, wach a Video-LP or ID's one if you wish to save time and your sanity.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Watch a LP or a video LP of Drakengard 2, not worth it, it's anime trash, with the only saving grace is that (intentionally or not), it still criticizes stuff from JRPGs and such. Specifically, how a naive protagonist is a massive tool easily manipulated by everyone (here thought it is exaggerated to the point the game makes fun of his literal retardation).
DG1 is not fun to play, wach a Video-LP or ID's one if you wish to save time and your sanity.
bullshit

play 1 and 2 yourself or stfu. LPs are for total fags

v1rus

Arcane
Completed Drakengard 1. All five endings. Save-state scummed the final final boss, because, fuck that shit, that game was already over-testing my patiance. I think it was worth it, but I'll know it for sure when i finish the rest of the series - Nier/Drakengard III/Nier automata, cause no way in hell I'm gonna be playing Drankengard 2. Just no. Perhaps one day. But prolly no.

Well my man is not getting any younger and at the same time he's just being hauled around as the "you'll play it just because he's involved" audience magnet.
Drakengard 2 is somewhat worth it, none of its endings follow any other sequel, but it does give more story for Drakengard 1 characters. The gameplay is just too flat.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Well my man is not getting any younger and at the same time he's just being hauled around as the "you'll play it just because he's involved" audience magnet.
Drakengard 2 is somewhat worth it, none of its endings follow any other sequel, but it does give more story for Drakengard 1 characters. The gameplay is just too flat.

Taro in interviews has been rather clear that "as long as he's paid he will do whatever". Don't forget that the roots of Nier/Drakengard are in Cavia, not exactly a shining example of development, more like a bunch of desperate bastards that threw out low-budget adaptations or tie-ins and had a swan song with Nier 1.

Gachas are printing money in the market now (why bother to have a functional game when you can sell half-naked jpegs for 15 bucks each) so he simply follows money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom