Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dreamworld: it's a hilarious trainwreck

Codex Year of the Donut
How did this go under my radar for so long?

https://www.pcgamer.com/dreamworld-infinite-world-mmo-kickstarter-fiasco/

The allegations against DreamWorld include:

Teens recruited as mods and promised jobs
Stolen or improperly credited assets
Nepotism at Y Combinator
An easily hackable server with poor security
A impossible-to-achieve development timeline (and an allegedly fake diamond ring)
Kaplan also proposed to her at a red carpet event with an enormous diamond ring that she claims turned out to be fake, and that he then proceeded to lie about the ring's authenticity for ten months.

Last edited:

fork

Nope, not reading pcgamer. If there's something interesting in it, why don't you post a coherent summary?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I've been following this on discord, YOUTUBE, and a few other places. This thing, pyramid scheme by two assholes. Yeesh. And still no ice cream giant and her neopolitan ass/tits in candyland. For shame.
QxVZ5vL.png

Cake & candy isn't the only thing our perverted protagonist wants to devour.

EAT DAT ASS!!

Last edited:

fork

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nope, not reading pcgamer. If there's something interesting in it, why don't you post a coherent summary?
then go away

Nope, sorry. I'm waiting for my button privileges and then I'm gonna downvote your entire post history, faggot.
Why are the newbies always the edgiest ones? They think this is jail or something?

As everywhere on the internet, ex redditors who were banned off that website are the biggest scourge upon a place. "downvote your entire post history"

fork

I never had an account on reddit, asshole.
But keep making assumptions, as if I cared about the opinion of a cretin like you, lel.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Likewise, it is just a matter of time before you sperg out and self eject again fork. This time hopefully for good.

Myobi

Liturgist
Once people stop throwing money at every cunt that shows up in the Internet promising dumb shit without any sort of indication that can remotely deliver it, this type of circus will just end.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Well, that won't happen. I've been fucking around on an idle game due to tits & ass. A shitload of whales and dolphins brag about their spending hundreds to thousands just on that game. I'm like wtf? The story sucks, you get shit eventually, blah blah. I erased 4 other games including that stupid space monster mining game due to the sheer boredom & stupidity of such games. Eventually, I'll drop it as well die to no nudes of waifus...boo!!! :'(

A game I should invest in is one of the codex's very own who has a pretty good looking game on itchio/steam. Memoirs of a Battle Brothel

Last edited:
Honestly the most surprising thing to me is that they only raised $65k. I thought more people were easily duped, but perhaps these guys are just hyper-incompetent fraudsters.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Honestly the most surprising thing to me is that they only raised $65k. I thought more people were easily dupable, but perhaps these guys are just hyper-incompetent fraudsters.
Probably raised far more via YC funding. If we're lucky this will end in a lawsuit for maximum laughs

Myobi

Liturgist
When you look at shit like this getting this sort of cash, Star Citizen funding rates start making a lot of fucking sense...

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
The whole thing is a bit ridiculous really. When we see stuff like this it pushes down confidence in indie developers and in crowdsourcing.
Its a funny trainwreck to watch though so there's that at least.

Myobi

Liturgist
Another good on-going one is Earth 2, it's going to be just like "The Matrix" or "Ready Player One" (their fucking words, not mine), a 1:1 copy of Earth, where players can... Ahh.. do stuff, eventually, maybe? Well, meanwhile they can throw cash at it by buying plots of land and shit in some sort of Google Maps website. All made by just a couple of totally legit indie devs! Amazing shit I tell you.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Hard to believe this shit still gets talked about.
they do it because it makes money from content-cop style videos. Sad really when game developers spend more time making videos like this than making actual games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom