Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
If you just wanted to know how it plays out, the Ravenloft quests are based directly on the 5E Ravenloft modules

I was wondering about how much they've lifted directly out of that and how the transition went so I'll probably skim through the module to check it out.

Codex Year of the Donut
damn these are some heavy boots
image.png

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
damn these are some heavy boots
image.png
What the hell is "increased unconsciousness range"... Lol, I had no idea about that mechanic:
https://ddowiki.com/page/Hit_point#Extending_unconsciousness_range

I've a feeling that this is pretty much unused. "If you are dying, you lose 1 hp every ten seconds from blood loss until either you die or you stabilize". So, by default, it's like up to 10-100 seconds of waiting until someone applies Heal skill with a healer kit ready.

Ignore the map, the entire thing is vertical. The map can't help you at all.
They have a lot of verticality in some dungeons, Castle Ravenloft, for example. I think they'd really benefit from the implementation of isometric maps like this:
Curse_of_Strahd_7.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
I've a feeling that this is pretty much unused. "If you are dying, you lose 1 hp every ten seconds from blood loss until either you die or you stabilize". So, by default, it's like up to 10-100 seconds of waiting until someone applies Heal skill with a healer kit ready.
It means you're just down, not out. While you can be stabilized with a healer's kit, you can also just be healed regularly and picked back up without needing to be raised.
When you go down monsters tend to go for anyone nearby who isn't unconscious so there's a good chance you won't immediately die.

Reinhardt

Arcane
"If you are dying, you lose 1 hp every ten seconds from blood loss until either you die or you stabilize". So, by default, it's like up to 10-100 seconds of waiting until someone applies Heal skill with a healer kit ready.
Paladin can get an enchantment where if you drop below 0 but not dead you instantly healed for 250 hp at the cost of your turn undead. I guess others have something like that too.

Helton

Arcane
They have a lot of verticality in some dungeons, Castle Ravenloft, for example. I think they'd really benefit from the implementation of isometric maps like this:
Curse_of_Strahd_7.jpg
Castle Ravenloft has the "vertical" levels actually on the same floor with teleports between them specifically to avoid the minimap issue. The new content is really fantastic compared to old content. So many little quality of life things like this. When I try to play old content I'm constantly frowning at little annoyances now that I'm spoiled by Ravenloft and Sharn. "Running with the Devils" is supposed to be fantastic xp/min, but it seems about on par with sharn quests and is super annoying because every other enemy is a whirlwind which yanks you around the screen. Really annoying in a game with any latency, especially for a melee with tactics attacks.

Or any quest with a "protect NPC" failure condition at the end so that you can waste 30 minutes and have nothing to show for it...

I'm having some trouble getting my last 1.5 heroic ranks lol because 2/3 quests I skip once I skim the wiki. Lord of Eyes chain seems pretty good so far. Acute Delirium was a lot of fun even if it wasn't particularly fast.

Last edited:

PapaPetro

meh, just field a team using multibox; 1 sorc and 5 clerics.
the clerics can use Divine Vitality to regenerate the sorc's nukes and can rez/heal/buff when needed; park them at the entrance to keep them safe; once you have DD it makes things easier.

leveled up a whole vanilla team to 20 and made a shit ton of plat back in the day.
who needs pubs when you got your own posse?

iVU9D4b.gif

Codex Year of the Donut
The madness quests in The Twelve(and related quests) are some of the best in the game BTW.
Anything involving the Sleeping Spell Inn.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Wait, the failure is checkmarked. Does that mean you did let it fall? Or is it mislabeled and they mean success if you do not let it fall?

Lhynn

Arcane
Level 11 sorcerer, shit still burns. Really feeling like doing all my racial lives on sorcerers.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Well, i would keep spamming heroics until it did. But yeah, epic destinies are a big one, i got them when i bought the old expansions during black friday.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Yeah, epic destinies is serious business. Went from ~500 to ~750 hp just from grabbing my first lvl 0 destiny.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom