Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Reinhardt

Arcane
I just visited auction and bid on every cheap tome. Now my money are back in my mail.

Thought i'm prepared for reincarnation. I was not. Prepared chronoscope set for lvl 5 > red fens sets for 7 > barovia for 10 and so on, but nothing for levels 1-4.
I think i need to learn some crafting and prepare starting equip for next life because it will unlock elite difficulty and even slower exp gain. Something with invulnerability would be nice for start. Lowest i have is lvl 5.

Helton

Arcane
I just visited auction and bid on every cheap tome. Now my money are back in my mail.

Thought i'm prepared for reincarnation. I was not. Prepared chronoscope set for lvl 5 > red fens sets for 7 > barovia for 10 and so on, but nothing for levels 1-4.
I think i need to learn some crafting and prepare starting equip for next life because it will unlock elite difficulty and even slower exp gain. Something with invulnerability would be nice for start. Lowest i have is lvl 5.
Well maybe I'm just a scrub but this seems excessive, lol. Beginner gear is plenty to get you to your level 5 gear imo. The warforged barbarian hirelings can more or less solo Korthos and early docks, and that should get you at least to level 4.

If you're a spellcaster, make sure you get your hands on an Alchemical Stone.

Reinhardt

Arcane
The warforged barbarian hirelings can more or less solo Korthos and early docks, and that should get you at least to level 4.
I'm 2h paladin and can easily do it myself. Still having equipment would save lots of time i've spent looting chests. Now i only picking guild renown from rewards.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
When they were doing the whole free quest coupon till the end of August, I was hoping what they would do is make all the quests included in the coupon free to play after the promotion was over. Then everything released after the coupon would be stuff you had to purchase. That way new players wouldn't feel intimated with all the content they have to buy or feel like they were forced to go VIP.

But with the adventure packs being on sale this week, it looks like they aren't going in that direction. Which is really disappointing, cause I keep on seeing people interested in trying out the games in the stream I watch and before the streamer could just point them to the free quest coupon and discount expansions. But now there isn't anything like that. I hope they change their mind, cause there is a lot of stuff to purchase in this game, they don't need to keep so much behind a paywall and scare new players off.

Helton

Arcane
When they were doing the whole free quest coupon till the end of August, I was hoping what they would do is make all the quests included in the coupon free to play after the promotion was over. Then everything released after the coupon would be stuff you had to purchase. That way new players wouldn't feel intimated with all the content they have to buy or feel like they were forced to go VIP.

But with the adventure packs being on sale this week, it looks like they aren't going in that direction. Which is really disappointing, cause I keep on seeing people interested in trying out the games in the stream I watch and before the streamer could just point them to the free quest coupon and discount expansions. But now there isn't anything like that. I hope they change their mind, cause there is a lot of stuff to purchase in this game, they don't need to keep so much behind a paywall and scare new players off.
Yeah I'm playing with my wife on an alt, level 4 now and she was really feeling the game during the free period, we did the level 3 gatekeeper quests and she was eager to play more. Since then we're relegated to ancient kill hoards of kobolds for no reason quests and she's ready to move on now. The difference in quality between free (see, old) content and vip content is huge. But she's not willing to jump for VIP.

Codex Year of the Donut

The people in charge of monetizing this game are retards.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm still only lvl 9 on my second life. Just log in for dice, do few quests and log out. Playing each quest only once and only on higher difficulties feels much better than having to do it 3 times. At least i'm not overlevel everything.
That's how game should be - all quests are free and all difficulties open from the start.

Reinhardt

Arcane
And btw i don't want to pay them anymore anyway. I'm fine with slowly gaining ddo points and waiting for next sale. Not playing that much anymore.

Codex Year of the Donut
Any tips for not sucking at wizard? I'm getting wrecked in content I've had no problem at before and I burn through SP so fast

Codex Year of the Donut
doing a lot better now that I've learned to play it
enjoying evocation a lot more but I really dislike the wizard enhancement trees. I don't want to play as a palemaster at all but you're pretty much forced to at least use it as your off tree, and archmage kinda sucks.
Lvl 10 at last. Barovian equip.
15 with decent gear already, it's an iconic

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
enjoying evocation a lot more but I really dislike the wizard enhancement trees. I don't want to play as a palemaster at all but you're pretty much forced to at least use it as your off tree, and archmage kinda sucks.

I've never played a wizard myself but from what I've heard almost everyone uses ether Pale Master and/or Eldritch Knight as their main trees. Archmage is pretty much completely ignored except for a couple enhancements. There was a forum thread in the general DDO discussion I remember looking at where it talked about how to not run out of spell points but I can't find it now.

But if you ask in the general forums they should be able to help you optimize your Wizard.

Codex Year of the Donut
resetting your enhancements can get expensive at higher levels
osAqsB8.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom