Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Unlocking heroic Tier 5 is cuz long time ago, the lv cap was smaller. Was 10, then 12, then 14 and we only got tier 8/9 spells much later in the game live. Players only got the ability to reach epic levels in the Menace of the Underdark expansion. In 2012. Six years after the launch.

Nim

Augur
Unlocking heroic Tier 5 is cuz long time ago, the lv cap was smaller. Was 10, then 12, then 14 and we only got tier 8/9 spells much later in the game live.

Enhancements as they are today is much later addition.
Update 19 Monday, August 19th, 2013 Release Notes
If that isn't enough proof then look at the cores for enhancement trees that go up to lvl 20 req. Tier 5 at lvl 12 was obviously a conscious decision.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Both are good. Sword is not that noticeable at heroics because there is some good competition in 2h department in mid heroics or even just free barovian weapon will suffice, but shines at early epics after upgrade.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I love how apologists on their forum are "b-but it's just small % of epic quests!" Yeah, nigger, sure. If you sit at 30. But it's half of the LOW LEVEL epic quests. BETTER half. What else could fresh level 20 with level gated destinies do? You know - people they claim new update was to help. Eveningstar and Borderlands? New players can't level, can't get tokens for their reincarnation, can't do higher level quests because of not having access to full arsenal. Many helpful.

Nim

Augur

Man, forget about other stuff. They need to focus on just fixing bugs.

I'm amazed they still haven't opened the quests yet. Thought they would fix that by now since it should be a huge priority content being locked.
Steelstar said:
I don't think we have an ETA to announce quite yet, but we've got dozens of bugs fixed already and are aiming for a Patch 1 filled with as many as we can get done in a timely fashion. I think I can safely say Patch 1 is not THIS week, but will hopefully be soon after that.
That was 4 days ago. If that doesn't fill you with confidence then what will ? Dozens of bugs. Hopefully soon. :dealwithit:

I love how apologists on their forum are "b-but it's just small % of epic quests!"

The best are the shills that drone on and on how great U51 is only to then let slip that they haven't actually played it :lol:

Last edited:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
They should have at least delayed it until they fixed the epic quests being fucked up. I don't think the epic destinies being delayed would have made people lose their minds if it meant a large chunk of fun quests weren't suddenly gone.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I agree. TBH I readed a bit the forum yesderday and seems like people only liked onen ew Epic Destiny. Magus of the Eclipse. All others seems lackluster TBH.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Will there be more of those barrel smashing/trash mob killing quests found in harbor? Those are almost as bad as the NWN original module.
I like Keep On The Borderlands and hope there are more of those and less of the former.

Last edited:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Will there be more of those barrel smashing/trash mob killing quests found in harbor? Those are almost as bad as the NWN original module.

The harbor quests are pretty much the definition of basic intro rpg quests. Probably the first content in the game, since the Korthos storyline was actually not the original starting point when the game first came out. Found that out from a returning player I talked to in general chat. You can actually see the original starting area here, they showed it during the tenth anniversary in 2016

I think that is why they have been adding so many new lower level quest like Keep on the Borderlands, Gatekeepers level 3 (prequel to feywild), Saltmarsh Level 3, and Feywild Level 5 quests. Have more exciting stuff in the beginning instead of just the latter levels. Though personally I think the harbor has it's own charm to it.

Nim

Augur
SSG is generally a decent dev.
You and I have very different definitions of decent devs then. The DDO side of SSG is about as incompetent as it gets, nevermind them lying for years how they were totally independent.
As Kalarion rated this what? let's elaborate. Once upon a time DDO & LOTRO belonged to WB. Then in 2016 they went to SSG
“We’re embarking on an exciting adventure as Standing Stone Games, a newly-independent studio staffed by people who have been working on DDO and LOTRO for many years.
Cue last december when Enad7 buys Daybreak Games and lo and behold the press release confirms that SSG belonged to Daybreak all this time.

Codex Year of the Donut
SSG is generally a decent dev.
You and I have very different definitions of decent devs then. The DDO side of SSG is about as incompetent as it gets, nevermind them lying for years how they were totally independent.
As Kalarion rated this what? let's elaborate. Once upon a time DDO & LOTRO belonged to WB. Then in 2016 they went to SSG
“We’re embarking on an exciting adventure as Standing Stone Games, a newly-independent studio staffed by people who have been working on DDO and LOTRO for many years.
Cue last december when Enad7 buys Daybreak Games and lo and behold the press release confirms that SSG belonged to Daybreak all this time.
Lotro and DDO have always been developed by the same devs. Originally under Turbine, then under SSG — different name, same people.
Parent company has changed hands, devs itself haven't.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Where to get news on the next expansion or 2022 roadmap?
Any good fansites?
Google tends to show old stuff. Yeah tell me more about buying epic destinies access.

Reinhardt

Arcane
vQ9ABwG.png

or i can just send you mail invite if i know your name

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom