Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I hate those touch the red spot and you die mechanics, I believe if you have enough hp/saves you should be able to resist anything.
these days you dont even have trap boxes hidden behind traps. There were some, but then they added arti class without evasion.

Then there is issue of 3rd+ life characters who got insane saves boosts. Game cant be tuned to both so... they seem to have tuned it to those crazy characters. And now it seems there are reaper diffs for something extra.

When I came back to the game with crispy I rerolled my rogue with few past lifes and top of the line gear. Rolled 1 on some trap in early dungeons and burned it, then other party members were complaining why I even try if Im to fail - as I was missing 3x artificer lifes

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I hate those touch the red spot and you die mechanics, I believe if you have enough hp/saves you should be able to resist anything.
Nah. Trust me it gets really boring quick if you are only standing around hitting the intimidate button. You've gotta have stuff like that to prevent the tank from falling asleep. Me and my friend are just finishing up the last few legendary quests and just did Isle of Dread on legendary. So far, with the legendary gear sets me and him farmed from Saltmarsh and Sharn my Fighter19/Rogue1 is a super tank. And he is a super sorcerer just turning mobs to ash. Boss fights turn into him killing all the trash quickly and blasting the boss while I stand around and hold bosses aggro.

What made things interesting in Isle of Dread was the Kopru enemies. They have the ability to stat drain you along with mind blasts to stun you. This can make a fight quickly turn hairy as you become helpless when a stat drains to zero and can't do anything while taking extra damage. If you don't get a restoration quick you can lose the aggro, which causes your DPS to get one shot (at least on Reaper, I assume Elite is similar). Without a DPS bringing enemies down, even I can get overwhelmed if I don't res him soon.

Other things they do that make things interesting are Undead or Constructs (can't intimidate them). On epic you can use the shield throw from Unyielding Sentinel but that has a cooldown and doesn't last forever. Enemy archers can be the biggest nightmare to get aggro from as they can be spread out and the frequently run away as you get close to them.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
When I came back to the game with crispy I rerolled my rogue with few past lifes and top of the line gear. Rolled 1 on some trap in early dungeons and burned it, then other party members were complaining why I even try if Im to fail - as I was missing 3x artificer lifes

Traps on elite assume you have trapping gear like the Scoundrels Gloves and Goggles from Keep on the Borderlands at Level 1, and the gloves and goggles from heroic saltmarsh at level 3. Then Keylock Ring from Ravenloft etc.

Without that stuff you will fail no matter how high your intelligence is.

Legendary trapping is just completely retarded though. I was able to do all traps no failure from heroic to epic with level appropriate trapping gear plus the Treasure Hunter Compass from Crystal Cove. Once I got into Legendary Quests that changed. So I have Legendary Keylock Ring from Ravenloft and the Legendary Treasure Hunter Compass which I just farmed. I also have a +12 Diamond of Intellegence slotted in my gear and a +6 Insight bonus to Intelligence. I started my character with 18 Intelligence and he has a +8 tome bonus from the +8 Supreme Tome they had on sale for 75% off last Christmas. I also have a +3 Search Tome bonus and a +5 Disable Device tome bonus from a tome that randomly dropped in a quest. My sorcerer friend also casts greater heroism on me giving me a +4 moral bonus to all skills.

I have almost every single bonus in this game, and when I do traps in Legendary Saltmarsh and Legendary Isle of Dread I can't always find the control box (forget about even spotting it). When I do find it, it will explode if I roll a 4 or below and only disable if I roll a 9 or above. It is absolutely ridiculously.

Reinhardt

Arcane
another inquisitive nerf in next update...
also dress-wearers will be d6 instead of d4. absolutely haram.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
another inquisitive nerf in next update...
also dress-wearers will be d6 instead of d4. absolutely haram.
Just started reading the HP pass notes. Then mention in an update to the notes at the bottom of the post they will be tweaking the values. Sounds better than Epic Defensive fighting for melee characters.

At this point they have made so many changes to 3.5 edition rules that the game is pretty much it's own unique D&D edition rules. That is how I tend to think of it, so the change to the hit die doesn't bother me that much.

Also, go the path of the bow. They buffed it a few updates back and it doesn't suck anymore. This guy's build sounds good for F2P.

Reinhardt

Arcane
enjoyed alchemist. don't know about full caster but very gud pew-pew character. very versatile and almost unkillable.

Reinhardt

Arcane
looks like there is renown bonus going now. if someone from codexia still for some mysterious reasons have ddo installed i would appreciate log in just once for guild bonus so i could turn in sagas and maybe level this shithole some more.

Sykar

Arcane
Sure, will do when I come back from work.
Edit: Screw it logged in briefly before work. Weirdly enough, I cannot get a higher resolution than 1024*768 suddenly. Weird.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
thanks.
gained 3 levels for codexia this weekend. only 8 left to next tier ship. maybe it's even doable. used my last renown potion tho.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Logged in and noticed the hp on my character went up due to the changes in the latest release, so that was nice.

None of my toons use the new imbue dice thing they have introduced. Anyone using a build that can take advantage of that?

Sykar

Arcane
Yeah some classes got a HP buff overall. I am just one level adventure on normal away from level 13 on my wizard. Let the fingering begin! Also only took me a year. :dance:

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
i'm inquisitive fighter. no hp boost, lost 6(i think) law damage dice. game still spam me with "are you sure you want to pick this bound item" even with only merc in my party. scorpions are still burying, tho slighly less. shitty patch.

Reinhardt

Arcane
tired after 3 inquisitive lives. reincarnated as literal

2e1.png

drow gypsy knife fighter. paladin drow gypsy knife fighter, of course, because dark-skinned bipoc of color can't be ebul. whypipo forced them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom