Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Pondering if I should get Scourge and Sharn
Sharn is definitely worth it, especially at 85% off on the website. Very awesome expansion and endgame loot is great. I enjoy Fables of the Feywild too. You get to kill fairies and other whimsical creatures.

Sykar

Arcane
Question is which package of those expansions; each has like 3-4 different ones. Big part of my interest in Feywild is Illusionist enhancement tree though I could get it via farming rep if it is not too difficult or lengthy. Sharn I heard a lot of good things and with 85% off it is a given that I will get it for sure. All that would be left is Ravenloft but it does not seem to be on sale on the homepage store.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Big part of my interest in Feywild is Illusionist enhancement tree though I could get it via farming rep if it is not too difficult or lengthy.
most of the quests are short. few are longer, especially first time, but nothing too long.

Reinhardt

Arcane
new hardcore starts dec 7. and people still can't transfer from previous hardcore server.
looks like desperate move to me. probably black friday failed even harder than i thought.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I do not really care about hardcore. I would like to see them using better servers. The current ones are annoyingly laggy.
If they were ever going to upgrade servers, I would love to see them merge everything into one big mega server. Having the population spread across 8 different servers lowers the number of people to play with too much for a game of this size.

What really annoys me is the shared stash and bank spaces. At the start of the year they said they were going to revamp them for more shared space, and in the end all they did was add tabs. Which I don't even use cause I am worried about them being bugged.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Me and my buddy are now on our third lives and have gotten enough reaper points to do Reaper 2 comfortably. They really buffed the fighter Stalwart Defender tree and with the changes to hp my Fighter 19/Rogue 1 build is a super tank in heroics. Have all the benefits of Epic Defensive Fighting in early heroics with none of the drawbacks.
Unfortunately, the new quest pack has a legendary version so I won't be checking it out till we reach max level. Epic and Legendary Reaper XP is so large it is better to skip the heroic version unless it is part of a heroic saga. With that said has anyone done the new quests pack? How is it?

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
second sales week is shit too
For me it sucks too. I get alchemist for free with VIP so I don't need that. What I don't have is the artificer class, but in the two years I have been checking their sales they have never had it on special. They seem to put every class but that one on special.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
They have the expansions on sale again for christmas. Bunch of different sales, but it is the crafting success boosters I am going to be getting. Going to level up my crafting level on my solo alt next time there is a Crafting XP boost.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
It's been awhile.
Have I missed out?
They have big sales on previous expansions going on now along with a bunch of other specials. Don't know how long you have been away from the game but there is still lots of stuff to do. Lag is still an issue. They recently did a rework of damage dice and hitpoints in the last update. Also new quest pack, but haven't gotten to the level needed to play it in heroic or epic yet.

PapaPetro

It's been awhile.
Have I missed out?
They have big sales on previous expansions going on now along with a bunch of other specials. Don't know how long you have been away from the game but there is still lots of stuff to do. Lag is still an issue. They recently did a rework of damage dice and hitpoints in the last update. Also new quest pack, but haven't gotten to the level needed to play it in heroic or epic yet.
Cool. I got one of those codes for all those free adventure packs/expansions awhile back. Heard about the new dinosaur thing, didn't know if it went well or was a flop.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Cool. I got one of those codes for all those free adventure packs/expansions awhile back. Heard about the new dinosaur thing, didn't know if it went well or was a flop.
I have absolutely no idea. I really enjoyed the new expansion personally. Found the whole lost world theme and quests to be a ton of fun. I recommend Masterminds of Sharn and Feywild while they are cheap too.

Don't know where we could find revenue or sales numbers for Standing Stone Games though.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Holy fucking shit. They are removing the VIP daily gold roll they introduced last year.

That was one of my main reasons for resubscribing for vip. Fuck I'm going to have to look into getting a refund.

Reinhardt

Arcane
nothing to spend points during winter sale so just bought character slots so i don't have to bother with reincarnation cache

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Oh man, I just discovered this, but the DDOcast is ending. Man I wonder if this is the beginning of the end. People are still discussing VIP being degraded in the general forums.

I even read in the forums someone mentioning the new producer they introduced last year being missing in action.

Reinhardt

Arcane
probably new wotc policy is what kill ddo in the end

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom