Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Did you casted lots of buffs like Stoneskin, displacement and so on in hardcore? Is essential to play any elite quest. And if you are not an caster, just use magical device + scroll. If you don't have money for it, play in normal/hard till you have money to do so.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
1d9MTfJ.png

Boom, boss OHKilled without it being a crit. IF was a crit, would be 9068 damage. Just waken elemental weakness + maximized empowered iceberg.

Lhynn

Arcane
Really wish they overhauled the entire ship buff system. The fact that it has a duration is retarded, should just be a passive.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Really wish they overhauled the entire ship buff system. The fact that it has a duration is retarded, should just be a passive.
Well they want to encourage people to level their guilds for longer duration. And in case anyone doesn't know, you can go to the UI settings and check a box that gets rid of all the individual guild buff timers and just gives you a single guild buff timer. I discovered it a couple months back and it really helped with the clutter up top.

And honestly I don't want them touching it and risk breaking the entire thing.

Lhynn

Arcane
Well they want to encourage people to level their guilds for longer duration. And in case anyone doesn't know, you can go to the UI settings and check a box that gets rid of all the individual guild buff timers and just gives you a single guild buff timer. I discovered it a couple months back and it really helped with the clutter up top.

And honestly I don't want them touching it and risk breaking the entire thing.
They neeed to take a buzzsaw to that game and start to cut shit that isnt necessary.

Im still amazed at how bad the code is, how laggy it gets when a single party is doing something intensive like killing a raid boss. A single fucking party.
Its insane how necromancers cant have more than 1 skeleton and all summons suck to discourage them because they dont want people summoning monsters, because it lags.

Motherfucker you have like 100+ people playing in a server and its asking to die. And they add a game mode that destroys your character if you die, with the fucking lag and how popular that mode is I bet theres been several that have ragequitted over that alone.

They also need to overhaul the entire attribute and gear systems. Smaller numbers, damage that makes sense. Its gotten out of hand years ago and there have been no efforts to improve on that either.

At this point they should just work on a "sequel" and recycle all the content and shit from it.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
necromancers cant have more than 1 skeleton and all summons

Summons is the unique aspect which necromancy sucks in this game. I mean, great auras, powerful effects like inflicting negative levels, OHK spells and a great progression curve but summons, not only a single skeleton but also a very lackluster one with no option to customize him. Eg - Why I can't equip him with dual axes? Or crossbows? And why only skeletons? Look how many pets Lore Master can summon in LoTRO

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
They are extending the anniversary event to March 19. Going to try and grind out party favors so I can get Sentient Jewels of the Dragon. Would love to hear what they sound like.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yep. DDO has its problems, but what I should play instead? Another low lethality cooldown managing gear farming where everyone of the same class is the same? No thanks.

Anyway, after playing a lot of Elden Ring, moved back to DDO and reached epic level as an water sorc. I'm constantly hitting from 1.5k with my cheapest spells. Quite powerful.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Was surprised to find they actually did another Severlin Q&A this friday.
The main focus for this Q&A was mainly on the planned benefits for VIP based on how long your membership lasts. They are also going to re-enable transfers again at some point and then extend the free transfers to orien and sarlona.

Severlin also mentioned the three enhancement trees he thinks need to be reworked the most are Archmage, Ninja Spy, and Kensei. Nothing else really interesting.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
three enhancement trees he thinks need to be reworked the most are Archmage

That tree is pure trash.
  • Necrotic blast(pm) at lv 20 would deal 20d6+20*5 and assuming 3.5 as average roll for d6, 170 damage before spellpower and metamagic. Arcane blast in other hands, would deal only 70(20d6) damage in average.
  • Talents which increase critical chance increase only 1% instead of 2%(PM)
  • Most SLA are trash, while sorc gets lighting bolt, fireball and so on, Archmages gets nothing interesting.
  • Nor cool transformations like undead form and elemental form
  • No survivability.obtained(except by hate decrease)
  • The capstone is also trash. PM gets a powerful aura which can easily heal them every 3 seconds for hundreds ot hit points and do colossal damage and offer better attribute gains than "Master of Magic"
  • (...)

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
What I found odd was Severlin saying Kensei needed to be reworked. It is a ridiculously good melee tree, probably the best one in the game. He said the reason he wanted to rework it was because it favored light over heavy armour, but that is more than made up for with the fact you can get +6 to strength and constitution for heavy armor from the Stalwart Defender tree.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I wish I could use heavy armor in my pale master/eldritch knight...
Ironically, if you are not a dedicated tank, medium armor is better since it has a higher dodge cap then heavy armor. Once you get to Reaper Difficulty enemies have an attack bonus so high only a dedicated tank's armor class works. But dodge chance works no matter how high the difficulty is (for now).

I read some people in the forums talking about how in some high reaper raids they would use a barbarian tank with high dodge, since the raid bosses attack bonus was so high it was guaranteed to hit no matter how high your AC was.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
After realizing that I have spent most of my time posting in a forum for a game I will never be playing (Diablo 4) I figured I should pop in here and give some love to the only game I am playing at the moment.

I have been playing with my sorcerer friend on my main tank toon in epics now, and I can kind of see where some people are coming from when they say casters should be nerfed. He is just decimating enemies with instant kill spells and meteor swarms. Though in his defence that is with gear we farmed in our previous two lives from Sharn and Saltmarsh. We have earned enough reaper points that we have bumped ourselves up to Reaper 3 now. Pretty awesome considering we started on elite.

The thing is though, if they nerf casters people are just going to go to melee and ranged toons as they are pretty good too. Then they will nerf melee and ranged and we will be back where we started.

I think what they need to do is redo reaper difficulty. Have Reaper 1 stay the same difficulty, but have everything past that way harder. Make Reaper 5 as difficult as Reaper 10 now, and Reaper 10 the equivalent of a Reaper 15 or higher.

Anyway, that is my two cents.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
As for nerfing casters, try to play as an sorc as first life without the gear from more advanced chars... And test archmage wiz and warlock too...

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
As for nerfing casters, try to play as an sorc as first life without the gear from more advanced chars... And test archmage wiz and warlock too...
Oh I agree with you. I think the main issue is long time players have gotten so much power even the toughest difficulty is too easy for them.

They think the solution is to nerf, but the real solution is to up the higher difficulties.

Lhynn

Arcane
No, the real solution is to let old time players that have almost maxed out their characters be able to easily overcome anything in said characters. That is, leave things the fuck alone. They can make a new character if they want to feel the challenge, the old ones have earned their power.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
let old timers play their necros while getting mana and hp on every hit to them

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Interesting. Even though they said that free quest coupon giveaways cost them a bunch of money they are doing it again.

Also, the Sharn and ravenloft expansions are now available for 99points. That is easy to earn, especially with the free quest packs.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Time to get some stuff.
https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-free-dungeoncrawl

We would like to thank you for supporting us! Now through April 23rd, 2023 you can enter a special Coupon Code through Redeem Code in the DDO Store in-game to unlock a trove of quests, raids, and adventure packs for free! This content will be permanently added to your account. EVERYONE can redeem the code, whether you are a free player, Premium, or VIP!

The Coupon Code is: DUNGEONCRAWL (1/Account, available to redeem through 11:59pm Eastern (-4 GMT) on April 23rd, 2023)

The coupon code grants the following quest packs:
  • Against the Slave Lords
  • Attack On Stormreach
  • Delera's Tomb
  • Devil Assault
  • Disciples of Rage
  • Dragonblood Prophecy
  • Harbinger of Madness
  • Haunted Halls of Eveningstar
  • Heart of Madness
  • Hunter and Hunted
  • Keep on the Borderlands
  • Peril of the Planar Eyes
  • Phiarlan Carnival
  • Reign of Madness
  • Secrets of the Artificers
  • Sentinels of Stormreach
  • Shadow Under Thunderholme
  • Shan-to-Kor
  • Sorrowdusk Isle
  • Tangleroot Gorge
  • The Catacombs
  • The Demon Sands
  • The Devil's Gambit
  • The Devils of Shavarath
  • The Dreaming Dark
  • The Druid's Deep
  • The High Road of Shadows
  • The Lost Gatekeepers
  • The Mines of Tethyamar
  • The Necropolis, Part 1
  • The Necropolis, Part 2
  • The Necropolis, Part 3
  • The Necropolis, Part 4
  • The Path of Inspiration
  • The Reaver's Reach
  • The Red Fens
  • The Restless Isles
  • The Ruins of Gianthold
  • The Ruins of Threnal
  • The Sharn Syndicate
  • The Soul Splitter
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil
  • The Vale of Twilight
  • The Vault of Night
  • Three-Barrel Cove
  • Trials of the Archons
  • White Plume Mountain and Other Tales

Additionally, enjoy a limited time sale on select Expansion quests in the DDO Store where you will be able to pick up the following items for only 99 points through 11:59pm Eastern (-4 GMT) April 23rd, 2023:

• Masterminds of Sharn
  • Menace of the Underdark
  • Mists of Ravenloft
  • The Shadowfell Conspiracy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom