Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2012: 5th-7th June

Stabwound

Arcane
Even console gaming was on life support this generation, and next generation it's fucking dead. When the next line of consoles finally comes out, the decline is going to reach levels you can't even imagine.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Jesus fuck that was horrible. The first 10 minutes or so with Pikmin 3 were good, but then it was all shit afterwards. Yay, ports of year-old games for the WiiU, converted portable titles like Scribblenauts, more copy-pasted Mario games and let's not forget mini-game collections that they devoted an agonizing 15 minutes to. Nintendo had a chance to really show off some great stuff and they ended up with one of their most disappointing conferences in years (and that's saying something).

deuxhero

Arcane
So Nintendo has a new IP ("Project 1000") developed by Platinum for the launch window and they DON'T SHOW IT AT THE CONFERENCE, instead restricting it to Spike (and only Spike) afterwards.

Whoever planned Nintendo's conference is a fucking retard.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
I wonder if anyone who's ever put together an E3 press conference for one of "THA BIG THREE" since 2005 has kept their job afterwards.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I can't believe how retarded Gamespot is

He spent 20 minutes in the BIS booth and instead of asking questions the dude was like "ugh yeah ugh yeah" (prolly thinking where the fuck are all the cinematic XPLOSHUNZ this is so boring) and then in the end he asked a question

"Will this be available on consoles?"

For fuck's sake. Are you fucking kidding me?

Project: Eternity
I really really really want to be optimistic about Watch_Dogs. All of that hacking, emergent-gameplay looking shit gave me the biggest erection in the entire world. And the cyberpunk style and the themes around it are my absolute favorite territory.
But it'll probably not be that elaborate and full of Deus Ex style problem solving :(. The way he hacked the intersection looked so clever and planned out, like the player has a huge toolkit and an open world to work with, and the mission design has room for sandbox-style problem solving... but it really probably won't be that good.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I really really really want to be optimistic about Watch_Dogs. All of that hacking, emergent-gameplay looking shit gave me the biggest erection in the entire world. And the cyberpunk style and the themes around it are my absolute favorite territory.
But it'll probably not be that elaborate and full of Deus Ex style problem solving :(. The way he hacked the intersection looked so clever and planned out, like the player has a huge toolkit and an open world to work with, and the mission design has room for sandbox-style problem solving... but it really probably won't be that good.

When was the last time you saw a non-linear free approach gameplay in GTA-style game? Especially the one aimed at consoletards?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Eternal Darkness, Metroid and maybe Zelda are the only Nintendo IPs I'd consider good. Is there anything else?

Granted, the thing looks slick, and the controller allows you even play top-down shit with UI elements on it. That's some major incline. Maybe I'm gonna end up getting one at some point, since I don't have much hope for MS (Entertainment and Social shit instead of gaming) and Sony (Look, we can make great movies). Both Sony and MS might also restrict playing used games, which is a huge minus.

So, either I stay PC exclusive, or I go with the PC/Wii U combo. Don't give a shit about handhelds.

Project: Eternity

When was the last time you saw a non-linear free approach gameplay in GTA-style game? Especially the one aimed at consoletards?
In Watch_Dogs, if we're lucky.

MetalCraze

Arcane
In Watch_Dogs, if we're lucky.
Lucky?
It's Ubisoft and a game for consoles. It's a game aimed at 12 years olds and housewives. It has quest compasses everywhere telling you where to go and where to press X. It has you sneak into the building only to have a shooting gallery 2 minutes later.

There wasn't a single properly non-linear free approach game on consoles yet. Ask Morgoth about 512 MB

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom