Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

E3 2012: 5th-7th June

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
But yeah, it's a high-end PC. What else could it be? :P

They will use this engine on a ps4/xbawx 3 ofcourse.

I've made ages ago a thread in GD that next-gen of consoles will have CGI like real-time graphics and the next-next gen in 10 years will be pretty much indistinguishable from reality.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

fattydrink.gif

"Huhhu...looks cool and original. What gaem is that?"

Achilles

Arcane
Yeah, these are probably "next-gen" game engines but they can't say that openly because the new consoles haven't been announced yet. Current footage is of course high-resolution, scale it down to 720p and cut framerate in half in order to get a glipse of "next-gen" popamoles.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Yup. Take that footage, apply 720p with nice huge-ass jaggies, 30 fps (moar like ~24 fps), lots of blur and capped visibility, and you might get something like that on NextGen consoles. That is, if everything is well optimized and the hardware maxed-out. And as we all know by know, you won't get that earlier than ~4 years into the console life cycle.

What the fuck is even the point of all this?

Games still gonna be shit in the future. Prettier, but still shit.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
apply 720p

sorry but no. 1920x1080 will be the standard for the next consoles.

lots of blur and capped visibility, nice huge-ass jaggies

edgy but not enough.

And as we all know by know, you won't get that earlier than ~4 years into the console life cycle.

lol bullshit.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Achilles

Arcane
Exactly. Most people can't even tell the difference between 720p and 1080p when sitting 4-5 feet away.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
1080 will be a hard requirement so they can slap that on the game cases and console boxesbut I'm sure everything will be optimized for 720.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Most games on Xbawks don't even run at 720p
And of course you can forget about antialiasing and anisotropic filtering

Morgoth's 512 MBs don't go well with anything bigger than 1024x640 I guess

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
XBLtard General: Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes!

XBLtard Colonel: Sir, at this resolution they'll be within melee range before we get the chance!

XBLtard General: I wrote the book on pop in, you FAGGOT RETARD NIGGER GAY SHIT ASS FUCK CUNT RAPE YOU, don't tell me how to run my army!

Becourt+Somme.JPG

sgc_meltdown

Arcane

I now have a strange urge to play system shock 2 in french with english subtitles for that euro arthouse scifi feel

agni's philsophy

all I kept thinking was 'magic particles: a motion picture'

the summoning effect with the liquids or mystical flies or whatever just looked really tech-demoy, more for the sake of saying 'hey all this is going on in real time awesome right' , because it just felt like they were going out of their way to make it look busy with lots of glossy bits moving around

instead of looking good like say if they made whole pieces materialise and join together instead

very impressed by the hyena transformation though

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
what is wrong with his eyes, are the glasses making them look different

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Crytek's games are already F2P as far as I'm concerned.

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom