Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Development Info Early Look at Divinity: Original Sin

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by VentilatorOfDoom, Nov 7, 2012.

1. VentilatorOfDoom RPG Codex Staff

VentilatorOfDoom
    Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios

Indie Game Magazine looked early at Larian Studio's upcoming turn-based cRPG Divinity: Original Sin.

Trailer:

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  2. SCO Arcane In My Safe Space

SCO
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Level designer? Is there game integration, or 'just' separate levels?

^ Top  
  3. Grotesque ±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Patron

Grotesque
    Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
    God, he is annoying!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    Edited. Whoops should have read the article first. It'll probably work like NWN?

^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    "All those items"? Didn't stop Ultima 7 way back in 1992. And U7 is supposed to be a major inspiration for this game.

^ Top  
  6. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Larian are no Origin. They are moving from RT to TB for one. :smug:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You win some, you lose some...

^ Top  
  8. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    Damnit I suspected some quick person would quote my original post.

Times have changed. This is a 3D game with 3D objects with physics and shit.

Editin' in mah source
    http://gamingbolt.com/divinity-orig...story-spells-and-tons-of-new-details-revealed

^ Top  
  9. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Ugh.

^ Top  
  10. Alex_Steel Arcane Patron

Alex_Steel
    This is one of the games I anticipate most. It has a lot of potential for :incline:, I hope I won't be disappointed.

^ Top  
  11. SCO Arcane In My Safe Space

SCO
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Not very good then. I was hoping for morrowind like, where the main game can be expanded by separate plugins.

Can you imagine the nerdgasm?

^ Top  
  12. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Nyah.

^ Top  
  13. Dorateen Arcane

Dorateen
    But not for the better.

Thank goodness there are projects like Grimoire that will bring back the glory of the classic, traditional cRPG.

^ Top  
  14. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Assuming they are ever going to actually be released. Cleve's track record is legendary, after all and spouting a few Codex memes in his videos is his not a sufficient remedy.

^ Top  
  15. Dorateen Arcane

Dorateen
    Just a general comment in response to the notion that modern games have to deal with 3D and physics, and that's supposed to be totally awesome or some progressive twaddle like that.

Whether or not Grimoire gets released remains to be seen. The pitch videos and gameplay videos alone have demonstrated that their design direction is superior.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Not even 2D can save you. When you compare the graphics from some flash based modern adventure game with the gorgeous backgrounds in say QfG4 the winner is immediately obvious. Fuck Flash. (aaaah!)

^ Top  
  17. Phineas Educated

Phineas
    "Next up is Beyond Divinity, you're going to love this one."

:notsureifserious:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Mother Russia Andhaira Dumbfuck Queued

Andhaira
    Andhaira
    Codex 2013
    This game has so much potential. I'm just bummed there are no classes. Skill based char gen is usually shit.

Also, I dearly hope there are party members...

^ Top  
  19. Monkeyfinger Augur

Monkeyfinger
    early interviews from when the game was announced said it's the 2 main characters + 2 slots for mercenaries + 4 slots for AI-controlled monsters.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.