Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Eisenwald: Blood of November - standalone expansion for Legends of Eisenwald

SniperHF

Arcane
we decided that the sandbox route might suit our style of gameplay best.

I rarely say this RE: Sandbox but 10000% This^. The LoE was enjoyable but the grind of resetting after various maps wore me out eventually.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
I rarely say this RE: Sandbox but 10000% This^. The LoE was enjoyable but the grind of resetting after various maps wore me out eventually.
Yes, we got a lot of feedback from that. While we have our reasons, when players are unhappy they don't care about reasons. This standalone won't have that issue for sure.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I have to say I take issue with these games being listed here and not in the strategy forum or Tacticular Cancer. This isn't an rpg. It has rpg-lite elements but rpgs don't sucker you in to grinding up and building up a team and gearing them out and then rape you in the ass by taking all your shit and team. Fine, I think, that was just the tutorial area, no big loss. But then they do it again to me. Rpgs don't do that. Real rpgs leave your ass alone and don't steal your party, gold, and gear all the time.

And there is no indication this is not actually a real rpg anywhere and no where does it state that this game is a rapist and by posting these extremely non-rpgs in this forum people get suckered in and buy and don't find out the game is a rapist and a blatant non-rpg with rpg lite elements until well after the steam refund window.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Backed right away!

Even for a pitch clearly aimed at people who already know and liked LoE, this pitch seems a bit short and low on information. Considering that this is a standalone anyway, I would've done that differently to attract potential new backers.

Spotted a typo in the pitch:

It features Legends of Eisenwald Limited Edition disc with the game itsels

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Backed right away!

Even for a pitch clearly aimed at people who already know and liked LoE, this pitch seems a bit short and low on information. Considering that this is a standalone anyway, I would've done that differently to attract potential new backers.

Spotted a typo in the pitch:
Typo means it sells well :) Will fix it right away.

What would you have done differently? We spent entire August trying out different approaches and showing them to friends and colleagues. What we have now got the best votes.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have to say I take issue with these games being listed here and not in the strategy forum or Tacticular Cancer. This isn't an rpg. It has rpg-lite elements but rpgs don't sucker you in to grinding up and building up a team and gearing them out and then rape you in the ass by taking all your shit and team. Fine, I think, that was just the tutorial area, no big loss. But then they do it again to me. Rpgs don't do that. Real rpgs leave your ass alone and don't steal your party, gold, and gear all the time.

And there is no indication this is not actually a real rpg anywhere and no where does it state that this game is a rapist and by posting these extremely non-rpgs in this forum people get suckered in and buy and don't find out the game is a rapist and a blatant non-rpg with rpg lite elements until well after the steam refund window.
Persistence of gear and crew is one of the things that is in, this time around, I think.
That said, while gear can be very important to a character, it's only therm hack n slash types where gear is crucial, isn't it?

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
For example, even though this is an expansion to an already existing game, I still would have started out with basic introductory stuff about you guys, what this is, why you are doing this. Particularly some information about LoE for those who don't know that game.

This way, if I was a potential new backer and would come to this KS pitch without much further knowledge, the first sentence would already put me off cause it jumps right in:

In this new story you will get to decide who is fit for the throne of the duchy of Eisenwald.

New story to what? It already presupposes I know what LoE is. But what was LoE, what was good about it, how well was it recieved, etc?

Basically, I feel the whole introduction part where you introduce yourselves and the game is missing. "Hello, we are Aterdux Entertainment and we are famous for creating Legends of Eisenwald which was a ..."

I know this is there at least partly in a later paragraph but it should still be elaborated upon (be more than just two sentences) and be at the beginning, to interest new potential backers who would come to this KS page and not really know what this expansion is about or what LoE even was.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Hmm, good point about introduction. We tried not to put ourselves too much ahead of everything... I'll think about it and maybe we will expand on it a little bit.

Slimu

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hmm, good point about introduction. We tried not to put ourselves too much ahead of everything... I'll think about it and maybe we will expand on it a little bit.

Are there any changes/improvements to the combat system? If there are, will they be ported to the original game?

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
The changes are mostly to the quest system, respawn and balance of the armies - the original game doesn't really need that. So, unsure if we would later port it back, I don't see much sense in it. Only maintenance is better when it's combined, I will leave it up to my programmers - whatever is easier for them.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
So wait, what. Will this be the second of the three promised additions in the season pass, or will there still be two more DLC for LoE on top of this one?

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space

Persistence of gear and crew is one of the things that is in, this time around, I think.
That said, while gear can be very important to a character, it's only therm hack n slash types where gear is crucial, isn't it?

The point is I worked for it I want to keep it like real rpgs let me do and I was told on rpgwatch I should have known this was a HOMM like rpg, but HOMM isn't an rpg. It has some lite rpg elements but so does my underwear and I don't post about it on the rpg forum and try and trick rpg players into buying it.

agris

Arcane
Patron

While off-topic, you should really take umbrage at the new deus-ex games being in general RPG.

I do. That shit is a disgrace.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
This isn't an rpg. It has rpg-lite elements but rpgs don't sucker you in to grinding up and building up a team and gearing them out and then rape you in the ass by taking all your shit and team.

Do you think that a genuine cRPG can’t ruin your sense of progression? Well, it can. It sucks, is frustrating, but it can be done. Of course, there is a good reason why every other game besides LoE don’t do that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom