Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Silva

Arcane
Is it possible the Numen were actually the first human-like beings as created by the Erdtree, after the Crucible era where life assumed different forms? The word Numen (= New Men) is certainly suggestive. This evokes a nature/chaos x society/order theme.

Edit: btw, just found that Godfrey was kicked out by Marika as soon as he finished "cleaning the house" for her golden order. Lol what a bitch.

Last edited:

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Is it possible the Numen were actually the first human-like beings as created by the Erdtree, after the Crucible era where life assumed different forms?
We have literally no information about "numen" other than that they come from outside the Lands Between, and that Marika (and possibly Godwyn's assassins) are of Numen "stock". And the "numen" preset in the chargen is a normal human with slightly reddish skin.

Although, it would make more sense for the black knife assassins to be Nox... maybe they're both.

So yes, it is certainly possible!

REhorror

Educated
From isn't dropping news for the DLC, and it's already the end of Feb.

Maybe they are looking to evade DD2 and Rise of the Ronin? Anyway, May would be fine I guess.
Quite interested to see how they have been cooking for 2 years.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

Maybe they are looking to evade DD2 and Rise of the Ronin? Anyway, May would be fine I guess.
Yeah I never bought that they were gonna release it so close to DD2. That release is gonna be pretty huge and could hurt the Elden Ring expansion's longterm sales. Not by a lot because it's Elden Ring but still. Team Ninja is just plain fucking nuts releasing Rise of the Ronin on the 22nd. They're commiting Seppuku.

REhorror

Educated

Yeah I never bought that they were gonna release it so close to DD2. That release is gonna be pretty huge and could hurt the Elden Ring expansion's longterm sales. Not by a lot because it's Elden Ring but still. Team Ninja is just plain fucking nuts releasing Rise of the Ronin on the 22nd. They're commiting Seppuku.
Oh well...

Anyway, Rise of the Ronin still can get a PC port.
ER's DLC I'm beary excited tho, hope they do some kind of minimal trailer that doesn't spoil everything.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

Oh well...

Anyway, Rise of the Ronin still can get a PC port.
ER's DLC I'm beary excited tho, hope they do some kind of minimal trailer that doesn't spoil everything.
I'm hyped for the Elden Ring expansion but it can wait a while. I've been waiting a decade for DD2. As for Rise of the Ronin, Team Ninja lost a lot of good faith with Wo Long. It was a big step down from Nioh 1&2. There's no telling how Ronin will turn out.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Came across Millicent. Couple of thots:

1. The snapped golden needle you find in the Aeonia swamp was clearly made by Miquella for Malenia, and it snapped and fell out of her when she was pushed to her limit by Radahn, and "blossomed".
2. The needle is heavily implied to be inserted into the vagina. Millicent asks you to avert your eyes and then the screen goes black while she inserts it. Also, she seems to get flushed and passes out after inserting it.
3. If you get the "good" ending for Millicent's quest, you get the needle back and it's purified, and everything is pointing towards you being able to use it on Malenia, but you can't. I think this content where you "redeem" Malenia with the needle was cut, and she would have appeared as an interactable NPC after her boss battle (similar to Renalla).

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
Great find with the needle being made by Miquella for Malenia, Skinwalker . I didn't realize that before. But Miquella wanted to cure Malenia with it while Gowry wants to provoke Milicent's blooming right?

Btw, it seems it succeeds after all? I found a "bloomed flower" right besides the grace next to Malenia boss. The clothes found on it are from Millicent. I just don't know if such bloom is what Gowry wanted. Maybe he wanted something way bigger and more powerful, like a fucking big rot tree goddess.

2. The needle is heavily implied to be inserted into the vagina. Millicent asks you to avert your eyes and then the screen goes black while she inserts it.
Can confirm. Description even says there's no blood but a "dew" dripping from it.

:kingcomrade:

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Great find with the needle being made by Miquella for Malenia, @Skinwalker . I didn't realize that before. But Miquella wanted to cure Malenia with it while Gowry wants to provoke Milicent's blooming right?
Yes, if you take a close look at the needle after Gowry "repairs" it, it now has a red thing in the middle. Gowry attuned it to the scarlet rot, to try and rapelace Malenia with Millicent as the scarlet rot avatar. The red stuff is gone after you get the needle back from Millicent when she dies in her "good" ending.

Btw, it seems it succeeds after all? I found a "bloomed flower" right besides the grace next to Malenia boss. The clothes found on it are from Millicent. I just don't know if such bloom is what Gowry wanted. Maybe he wanted something way bigger and more powerful, like a fucking big rot tree goddess.
Yeah, that flower didn't make much sense to me. I think it was really supposed to appear in Malenia's boss arena after you defeat her, and you'd be able to interact with it, insert the purified needle, and get her back as a dialoguable character. I think.

Silva

Arcane
Yeah, that flower didn't make much sense to me. I think it was really supposed to appear in Malenia's boss arena after you defeat her, and you'd be able to interact with it, insert the purified needle, and get her back as a dialoguable character. I think.
It seems to me Milicent walked all the way through to find Malenia with her last strengths, but died right at the doorstep and bloomed.

I actually got a little emotional when I found the bloom and the clothes and realized it was Milicent's. The Haligtree sad music probably helped.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Dude, Moghwyn spear ash of war. Bleed her 3 times. Repeat. Get hoarfrost stomp and spam it. Use spells like night comet. Use the fingerprint shield.
Edit 1: Plus Iron Balls, Sword of night and flame with its 2 stances, Reduvia blood blade.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
My suggestion is to use some defensive buffs at the start of the fight, summon mimic tear, and spam the hell out of godslayer's weapon art. That's how I won after giving up trying to do it without ashes.

Can't blame anyone for looking up guides or even summoning a bro though, her fight is total horseshit and the only way to really handle her without brute force is looking up her stupid AI quirks.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Malenia is the one boss where you shouldn't refrain from using ANYTHING. Summons, OP weapon arts, gimmicky builds that capitalize on her low poise, even looking up a strategy online is permissible for this one bullshit fight.

I used the black knife assassin summon that I hadn't used before or since, and bloody slash. Or reduvia.

Silva

Arcane
Thanks bros, I'll try again and see what happens.

My suggestion is to use some defensive buffs at the start of the fight, summon mimic tear, and spam the hell out of godslayer's weapon art. That's how I won after giving up trying to do it without ashes.
The godslayer sword art is too slow so I didn't try again after a couple frustrated attempts. I'll return to it.

Actually, I had better results with the godskin Peeler art. That and Black knife art + Black knife Ticha summon.

I used the black knife assassin summon that I hadn't used before or since, and bloody slash. Or reduvia.
Yeah, this chick gave me the best help when we reduced Mal life below 50%.

Another great summon for this fight is the redmane archer as his magnetic arrows knock her out sometimes. But for this you must avoid her to getting to the archer at all costs, otherwise he dies fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom