Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Liberal sucks at video games. Just purposely give him the wrong advice so we can all laugh.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I am having trouble forcing myself to keep exploring and clearing out the wormface-infested forest ruins in Altus plateau. Is it just this one location, or have I finally had enough of replaying Elder Nig?

Probably a combination of both.

Worm guys are pretty annoying. Luckily, the worm boss can be cheesed pretty easily:

I suggest just getting rid of him first thing so you can at least have the run of the place.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I suggest just getting rid of him first thing so you can at least have the run of the place.
I did, he was very easy with Latenna the Antenna shooting him from the ruins. Anyway, I cleared out that damn forest, and am now torn between exploring the rest of Altus or going straight to Leyndell. Definitely not going to the Volcano region yet.

Has anyone ever mentioned that this game is too big?

Silva

Arcane
Finished it. Game got a bit tiresome and I was pushing through just to finish it already. It should be smaller.

In retrospect I liked the royal family drama. It was the best part of the lore. The setting is weaksauce. Fighting the almighty "God" in the end has the weight of fighting Bowser in super mario. Aka none. A far cry from Gwyn or Gehrman or Isshin Sword Saint.

I'll get the DLC for more family fights. Go Miquela go!

fhMWG5.gif

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Why would Miquela have any reason to fight you? Seemed like the most passive, innocent, and non-violent of the demi-gods. Even if he did want to fight you for some stupid reason he should realistically be a total pushover considering the battle hardened blood thirsty warlords you faced prior. Should be a pretty lame fight, like literally Mike Tyson punching an infant.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Ya know, something I've always wondered about that I never bothered to research for some dumbass reason, is what's the deal with the giant ancient dragon that's just laying on the ground dying? Is that supposed to be the same giant dragon that you defeated in Dark Souls 2? I know these universes are supposedly connected, loosely atleast.

That would be kind of a neat touch, but I'm assuming it just got fucked up from the war between Radahn and Malenia. It's close to that location.

Silva

Arcane
Why would Miquela have any reason to fight you? Seemed like the most passive, innocent, and non-violent of the demi-gods. Even if he did want to fight you for some stupid reason he should realistically be a total pushover
Only in physical form. In the dream he's a buffed up weightlifter chick with a big peni.. heh, sword.

Last edited:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Yeah but Miquella probably git corrupted by Mohg when he was taken from the Haligtree and interrupting that ritual or whatever it was.
Regardless we're gonna fight Miquella, Godwyn, 2 Malenias as whatever else.
The most boring uninteresting shit they could possibly choose. But I'm convinced they'll put a super Malenia in the DLC. There's no way they won't. Malenia in her prime or in her new form or something like that. An excuse to give her 3 or 4 phases.
Why would Miquela have any reason to fight you?
Why does Malenia have to fight you? Or Mohg? I've been invited to his palace, I'm a guest. That how he treats his guests? Rude. Or Morgott? I'm just a tourist visiting the capital. Etc.
They don't need a reason. They'll just make a cool cutscene seem deep so Vaati can make a 1 hour video explaining the way the boss touched stuff in his environment before turning his attention to you and saying profound shit like "togethaaaa".

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Yeah but Miquella probably git corrupted by Mohg when he was taken from the Haligtree and interrupting that ritual or whatever it was.
Regardless we're gonna fight Miquella, Godwyn, 2 Malenias as whatever else.
The most boring uninteresting shit they could possibly choose. But I'm convinced they'll put a super Malenia in the DLC. There's no way they won't. Malenia in her prime or in her new form or something like that. An excuse to give her 3 or 4 phases.
Why would Miquela have any reason to fight you?
Why does Malenia have to fight you? Or Mohg? I've been invited to his palace, I'm a guest. That how he treats his guests? Rude. Or Morgott? I'm just a tourist visiting the capital. Etc.
They don't need a reason. They'll just make a cool cutscene seem deep so Vaati can make a 1 hour video explaining the way the boss touched stuff in his environment before turning his attention to you and saying profound shit like "togethaaaa".
Well I can't speak for the others but Malenia seemed to view you as a threat to Miquella. I think she only stuck around to protect her little bro at that point.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Well I can't speak for the others but Malenia seemed to view you as a threat to Miquella. I think she only stuck around to protect her little bro at that point.
She didn't notice her bro was missing? But then again, after Radahn handed her ass to her and she had to be carried back by her soldiers, yeah, maybe all she wanted was a rest.

Silva

Arcane
Malkav is right. Malenia fight doesn't make sense, and neither do Mohg if you're aligned to him as a bloody finger. Same with Elden Beast if you're there to reinstate order, the thing should welcome you not attack you.

The excuses here are the weakest in the series. I don't remember DS1, DS3, BB or Sek being like this. You fight Gwyn to end his miserable existence and use what's left of it as fuel for the fire. You fight Gael cause he's insane and you need the dark pigment for the girl, you fight Gehrman to free the old man, and Isshin because he's forced to by his retardo nephew.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Why would Miquela have any reason to fight you? Seemed like the most passive, innocent, and non-violent of the demi-gods. Even if he did want to fight you for some stupid reason he should realistically be a total pushover
Only in physical form. In the dream he's a buffed up weightlifter chick with a big peni.. heh, sword.
So basically it would be like the Micolash fight in Bloodborne. Gay. That was probably the lamest fight in the whole game. There is no way you can make Miquella into a good boss. The character isn't written for it. Just have Merika come back from the dead or some stupid shit. Elden Ring didn't leave any interesting enemies alive for an expansion. Miquella is a fucking joke.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
She didn't notice her bro was missing? But then again, after Radahn handed her ass to her and she had to be carried back by her soldiers, yeah, maybe all she wanted was a rest.
I mean that's also possible. I don't think anybody would argue against Malenia being a worthless cunt. She was scary for a reason though. Solid villain.

Silva

Arcane
So basically it would be like the Micolash fight in Bloodborne. Gay. That was probably the lamest fight in the whole game. There is no way you can make Miquella into a good boss. The character isn't written for it. Just have Merika come back from the dead or some stupid shit. Elden Ring didn't leave any interesting enemies alive for an expansion. Miquella is a fucking joke.
But Micolash doesn't change form, he continues being just a skinny dude. Miquela OTOH is suspected to be St. Trina in the dream, which means she can take a more buffed up form. Id imagine a big chick like Priscilla from DS1 but in a dreamlike theme.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Still lame.

Just introduce a new bad guy, one who hid in the shadows the whole time. Or like I said bring Merika back to life. Anything seems better than Miquella.

Barbarian

Arcane
Godwyn actually makes sense to me as big bad final boss and could be interesting.

They will probably do him as well come to think of it.

Silva

Arcane
Oh, some things I noticed in the ending. Spoilers ahead.

1. The ground inside the erdtree where elden beast comes from, and the way it submerges Marika's body into to transform in a sword, suggests this is actually the "crucible", which gives form to life, and the elden beast took control of it like a parasite.

2. The map changing into a starry space with other erdtrees showing up in the distance suggests the Great Will actually controls a bazillion other worlds like this, by sending different elden beasts to each one and control it. It's a galactic wide infestation.

I wanted to kill Jesus. Yaweh. Odin. Anything with meaning. Instead I killed a parasitic spider from space. What a bummer. "Thanks Miyazaki."

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
I forgot about Godwyn. They made alot of the names too similar. It's easy to mix the characters up. Yeah he could be interesting, but that's another case of bringing a dead character back. If you're going that route you have to bring Marika back most importantly for the T&A factor.

Barbarian

Arcane
I forgot about Godwyn. They made alot of the names too similar. It's easy to mix the characters up. Yeah he could be interesting, but that's another case of bringing a dead character back. If you're going that route you have to bring Merika back most importantly for the T&A factor.

He is not really dead is he.

More like he became death itself

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
I wanted to kill Jesus. Yaweh. Odin. Anything with meaning. Instead I killed a parasitic spider from space. What a bummer. "Thanks Miyazaki."
You always gotta kill the right-hand man first. Tale as old as time. I wouldn't be opposed to an "outer god" appearing as the big bad. I imagine they look like insects, like that one alien boss you gotta fight a couple times. It's been a while since I played the game, I forgot over half the names.

I forgot about Godwyn. They made alot of the names too similar. It's easy to mix the characters up. Yeah he could be interesting, but that's another case of bringing a dead character back. If you're going that route you have to bring Merika back most importantly for the T&A factor.

He is not really dead is he.

More like he became death itself
:edgy:

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Does anyone know what are these little obelisks that appear everywhere? I think there's one in every boss room, but also in other places too, I think. Do they have lore significance? A technical function? Both?

20240218_203734 - Copy.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyone here tested convergence? I played Convergence for DS3 and din't played for ER yet. Only watched some class videos, Underworld Mage seems very interesting. A caster which uses "electrified" water and bubbles to damage enemies and make traps seems very interesting. If someone tested this mod, did anyone here tested in Linux? To run DS3 in Linux I had to set in steam launch options WINEDLLOVERRIDES="dinput8=n,b" %command%. Convergence for Elden Ring, I honestly wanna wait till the DLC cuz is obvious that the DLC will break the mod.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Anyway, I cleared out that damn forest, and am now torn between exploring the rest of Altus or going straight to Leyndell. Definitely not going to the Volcano region yet.
Mount Gelmir is somewhat easier than Leyndell proper, so if you complete the capital first then you'll probably find the volcano too easy. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom